Questions for Vitus Nucleus 24 Owners- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Questions for Vitus Nucleus 24 Owners

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and just got a Vitus Nucleus 24 for my 9 year old. I am also coming up to speed learning about bikes in general.

Right out of the box I noticed that the back brake makes a loud sound when used. No such noise when front brake is used. Any thoughts on what could be causing this noise please and how to resolve the issue?

Also, the dork disc did not come installed, though the back tire is fully assembled. So, without taking it all apart (which seems like it would be a lot of work), I am not sure how to install the dork disc. Any ideas on this please?

Thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarcar_pc View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and just got a Vitus Nucleus 24 for my 9 year old. I am also coming up to speed learning about bikes in general.

Right out of the box I noticed that the back brake makes a loud sound when used. No such noise when front brake is used. Any thoughts on what could be causing this noise please and how to resolve the issue?

Also, the dork disc did not come installed, though the back tire is fully assembled. So, without taking it all apart (which seems like it would be a lot of work), I am not sure how to install the dork disc. Any ideas on this please?

Thank you in advance.
    First, the important thing--you should not install the dork-disc, (or the reflectors). Save yourself, the trails, the bike, your child, the best owner...I am so impressed those came un-installed with this bike!

Now the brakes, haha--is it a rubbing sound, like the brake pad is touching the rotor? I just put together one of these for my neighbor yesterday. The front brake pad was rubbing slightly, and I needed to center it. Video below, for how:

https://youtu.be/uk_nC9anQcM

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Loud Back Brake Noise on Vitus Nucleus 24

Quote Originally Posted by rabitoblanco View Post
    First, the important thing--you should not install the dork-disc, (or the reflectors). Save yourself, the trails, the bike, your child, the best owner...I am so impressed those came un-installed with this bike!

Now the brakes, haha--is it a rubbing sound, like the brake pad is touching the rotor? I just put together one of these for my neighbor yesterday. The front brake pad was rubbing slightly, and I needed to center it. Video below, for how:

https://youtu.be/uk_nC9anQcM

Hello, thank you for your response and suggestion. We tried the suggestions from your video, tried cleaning the oil from the back brake but no luck so far. :-(

I wish there was a way to upload a video so that I could share what it sounds like when the back brake is engaged. (I tried to upload a Zip folder with a short video but couldn't due to file size limitations.)

mtbr member
    If you open the video on your phone, you should see an option to share or upload to YouTube. You should then be able to paste that YouTube link here