Prevelo is selling direct mount 140mm cranks for 86$ shipped- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Prevelo is selling direct mount 140mm cranks for 86$ shipped

I pinged Prevelo asking about 140mm cranks and lo an behold they sell their "Heir direct mount cranks w/ 30t Narrow-wide ring 24mm spindle". 583g (30t ring included). 86$ shipped. I'm guessing they sell other sizes too. I'd need to drop nearly double that to get nice cranks elsewhere (tho they would include a 20$ Shimano style BB in those packages). This does not include a BB, which is nice cause I can get a cheap Shimano XT BB for like 19$ online (which I already had).

Our new bike comes with SRAM Dub X1 cranks that are 155mm. That setup will be yanked off and saved for a later bike (thus saving me money down the road).

To get these, I contacted them and they just emailed me an invoice with a webpage to pay. It's all very pro website stuff too. Easy peasy and the tracking email was nice too.

Prevelo has really stepped up their game. I think they make the best spec'd hardtail out there currently (I do like the Spawn tires/colors better tho). Awesome to see them making basically perfect kids bikes in their "Heir" range that compete really well with Spawn. Located in SoCal. Communication has be fantastic too. I was getting FB messages from them at night including gear ratio math (wheel size factored in) to help explain how a 30t should fit well with our 10-42 cassette. Pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I just wish their bikes didn't sell out so quickly! We missed out on a Zulu Two for this summer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by majorjake View Post
    I just wish their bikes didn't sell out so quickly! We missed out on a Zulu Two for this summer.
    Did you call and make sure they actually were sold out? Their website had the Zulu One listed as sold out but I called and they were actually in stock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Did you call and make sure they actually were sold out? Their website had the Zulu One listed as sold out but I called and they were actually in stock.
    Actually, I did that yesterday and they had two Twos in the warehouse! Delivery in a week or two.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Nice! Hope your kid enjoys!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Zulu Heir cranksets now come with bottom bracket (external bearing, threaded) and narrow-wide chainring for $119, shipped. They had 30T and 28T options in standard 6 mm offset (135 and 142 mm rear dropouts) and 3 mm offset (148mm Boost) chainlines.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Cranks have SOLD

Moved my 7 yr old down to a 142 mm. I have a 155 mm NX crankset with 28T chainring and a matching 68 mm threaded cartridge bottom bracket. Used for maybe 10 miles of road riding This is a special OEM set off of an Early Rider. $100 shipped. SOLD
    Last edited by xprmntl; 03-12-2020 at 01:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quick question on the cranks -- are they SRAM direct mount chainrings just like the Trailcraft cranks?