New Bike for 10 Year Old Girl- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    427

    New Bike for 10 Year Old Girl

    Started checking out a new bike for my to be 10 year old. She's coming from a steel Trek little kids bike (lever brakes) that she has pounded well!!

    Looking to get her on trail with a front shock. She liked Trek Precaliber 24 but that was online shopping. I showed her (my choice anyway) was a Liv STP 24 but she hated the only color. mint green. Can't blame her for that one.

    Suggestions???
    2016 Remedy 9
    2016 Farley 7
    2017 Remedy 9.9
    2017 Domane SLR 5
    2018 Farley 9.8

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SingleSpeedSteven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,012
    Kona has some really cool kids bikes. https://konaworld.com/platform_kids.cfm

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    195
    My daughter is 10.5 now and almost sized out of her 24+ bike we got for her a few years back. Depending on her size and growth rate I would see if she can get on a small or maybe extra small adult bike. The small at least will last much longer than a 24 inch bike as she grows.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSteven View Post
    Kona has some really cool kids bikes. https://konaworld.com/platform_kids.cfm
    You are correct. Kona has some really cool kid bikes.
    2016 Remedy 9
    2016 Farley 7
    2017 Remedy 9.9
    2017 Domane SLR 5
    2018 Farley 9.8

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by fly4130 View Post
    My daughter is 10.5 now and almost sized out of her 24+ bike we got for her a few years back. Depending on her size and growth rate I would see if she can get on a small or maybe extra small adult bike. The small at least will last much longer than a 24 inch bike as she grows.

    That is an excellent point. Thanks.
    2016 Remedy 9
    2016 Farley 7
    2017 Remedy 9.9
    2017 Domane SLR 5
    2018 Farley 9.8

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3
    Going through this with my 9 year old daughter now. She's been riding the roscoe 24+ but ready for a bigger bike. Take a look at the trek marlin 5 or 6 in x small., they even make a roscoe in xsmall if you want something bigger.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoose View Post
    Going through this with my 9 year old daughter now. She's been riding the roscoe 24+ but ready for a bigger bike. Take a look at the trek marlin 5 or 6 in x small., they even make a roscoe in xsmall if you want something bigger.
    I bought Marlin 7's for my two sons 2 years back. The Marlin's have held up well to some heavy abuse.
    2016 Remedy 9
    2016 Farley 7
    2017 Remedy 9.9
    2017 Domane SLR 5
    2018 Farley 9.8

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smartyiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    882
    My almost 9yr old has a Cleary Meerkat that she likes a lot. Herís doesnít have a suspension fork (yet), but thatís easy enough...Cleary might even be able to upgrade.

    A BUNCH more $$$$, but Trailcraft makes some NICE bikes.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    59
    For a 10 year old I would look at Woom OFF Air 6 AND they are available to pre-order for December delivery: https://us.woombikes.com/products/offair6

    ... or you can splurge and get a Trailcraft Timber 26

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rton20s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSteven View Post
    Kona has some really cool kids bikes. https://konaworld.com/platform_kids.cfm
    I looked at the Konas when we were shopping for a 24" a few months back. For $750 I would expect better gearing, shorter cranks and an air fork. Swapping those out will quickly put you well over $1k all in. For that kind of money, I think there are better options to consider.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb15 View Post
    For a 10 year old I would look at Woom OFF Air 6 AND they are available to pre-order for December delivery: https://us.woombikes.com/products/offair6

    ... or you can splurge and get a Trailcraft Timber 26
    I think the Woom 6 is only available if you put your name on their list months ago. I didn't realize that their "notify me when available" was a wait list, and have been stalking their website for awhile only to realize I wasn't on the list to be notified when available.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    I think the Woom 6 is only available if you put your name on their list months ago. I didn't realize that their "notify me when available" was a wait list, and have been stalking their website for awhile only to realize I wasn't on the list to be notified when available.
    Actually it was available for preorder until few days ago, now is back on "Notify Me".

  13. #13
    Dirty Old Man
    Reputation: scatterbrained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,036
    How tall is she? My 10yr old daughter is riding a TrailCraft Maxwell. She loves it, we got it for her in the spring at the start of all this Covid nonsense. She's 10 now and it still fits well. Meanwhile my 11yr old daughter rides an XS Trek Fuel EX; it fits her well, but she's a full head taller than her little sister.
    . . . . . . . .

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MXIV424's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    218
    I agree with the above question, how tall is she?

Similar Threads

  1. Bike for 12 year old girl
    By tick_magnet in forum Families and Riding with Kids
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 07:51 AM
  2. A new XS 26" bike for my 10 year old girl
    By sungchang in forum Families and Riding with Kids
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
  3. Need advice on bike for 10 year old girl
    By odessamama in forum Families and Riding with Kids
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 12:16 PM
  4. Advice on bike for my 14 year old cousin (girl)
    By cmktech in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 05:04 PM

Members who have read this thread: 40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.