Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!- Mtbr.com
    \_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!

For the last 2 years my son has been learning to ride on his Specialized HotWalk Balance bike (on the trails and paths) and a scoot balance bike(in the house only). He turned 3 back in April and really needs a pedal bike now and something with Brakes. If I had known about the balance bikes with rim brakes I would never has bought the Specialized, dragging feet to slow and stop is not a good habit to form.

So we saved up some money and I just placed the order today for the Park 16 inch. This Bike has 16 inch wheels, so much more stable at speed than the HotWalk and has front and rear rim brake to teach proper braking technique. The seat has a min height of 17inches and his inseam right now is 18 inches, so it should be perfect and last him for at least 2 years. After that my daughter can use it when she gets bigger.

I am super excited about this and will post more updates when the bike arrives and he starts testing it.

https://parkcycles.ca/product/16-pedal/

I learned about this bike from following "The Bike Dads" on instragram, they have some great reviews for all sizes of kids bikes:

Front Page - The Bike Dads
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

MTB Dad
    Jun 2018
    Looks like you found a pretty solid option.

There are several good 16" bikes out there for the littles. The Redline Pitboss and SE Lil' Ripper are both good options for smaller TT 16" bikes; both are at or under 15 lbs, freewheel, V brakes, etc. When your kid is ready for a larger 16" bike both the Cult Juvenile and Fit Misfit are good options as they're both aluminum frames (I think this changes on the 2020 Misfit), a little longer in the TT, wider tires...but they both have 990 brakes so they require stronger braking hands.

My son rides a 16" Juvenile after a couple of years on a Pit Boss (in addition to his HT and BMX race bikes) and for my daughter we decided to pretty much skip the Pit Boss and put her on a 14" Juvenile as I think it's a better bike to develop park skills.

Anyway, I hope you have a good experience with the new bike and your kid gets out there and shreds!

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    It arrived yesterday! I unboxed it and got it put together. This bike is solid! I got my boy out today to test it but he is still not 100% certain on the whole pedalling thing yet. I know it will just take some practice. So far he likes practicing the brakes since his balance bike does not have brakes.

Here are some pics!

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_133048.jpg

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_133153.jpg

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_135427.jpg

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_135436.jpg

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_140611.jpg

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_140615.jpg

Just ordered a Park 16inch for my son!-20190907_141943.jpg
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines