Just bought two new bikes...one for my son and one for my wife! I am excited!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Just bought two new bikes...one for my son and one for my wife! I am excited!

I just clicked order on a new diadora meta 26jr for my son. His supercycle is WAY to small for him now. The new bike has disc brakes, aluminum frame, SR front suspension, and is really lightweight. It's a sportchek exclusive, so I cannot find any other information on it. We were going to buy him the GT26 jr, but the diadora looked like a great bike for him for 100 bucks cheaper (upgrade money!).

I bought the wife a new GT aggressor sport. Should be a great bike to cut her teeth on mtb. It's a nice jade blue color, has all the things that are needed. I am trying to source anodized soft pink parts to replace the black stuff on it for some bling.

Photos as soon as these arrive. I will probably do a build video to see how they come out of the box!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I suppose no one responded because not much positive to say. I hope it's really, really, light or your rides are pretty flat because the specs I see show a 1x7 drive that maxes out at 32x34.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yes, but....that can be changed rather quickly in my shop. It's lighter than the GT 26jr bike. The thing is, I am just getting them into mountain biking. If they go often, I will move all of us to full suspension trail bikes from specialized. These are a stepping stone to see how much we will be hitting the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Looks to me like it has a MF-TZ50 freewheel, so no, not easy to change rather quickly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Not an issue. As I said, if he likes the bike and the gearing becomes an issue, it will be fixed in my shop.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Congrats, get out there and have fun! Post some pics and weights as well

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BikePilot1 View Post
    Congrats, get out there and have fun! Post some pics and weights as well
    I will as soon as I get them in the shop to be built. they are supposed to be shipped to me today. I am crossing my fingers. I will probably do a bike build and unboxing video and photo session. Give my overall thoughts on them. Then I need to find anodized soft pink goodies for my wife's bike and blue for my little man's bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Ok, I never got to do a video, but I took my boy down with me, (backstory, he has autism but loves mountain biking), and I got him to build his own bike. It was a very rewarding experience for both of us. I have a bunch of pictures I will post soon. He also helped me build his mom's bike too.

Now, on to the bike. The diadora meta 26 is a jr 26" bike from Sportchek in Canada. I was all ready to buy the GT jr 26, but saw this sitting on the floor at a store in St. John's. I looked it over quickly and thought, Colin would love that more. We got home that evening and ordered two bikes and a bunch of other stuff. I like ordering online for my stuff since we get ebates money back. I get a refund of 60 bucks for the stuff I bought.

The bike is lightweight responsive, has a decent parts spread for a big box bike. I am impressed that it has shimano derailleurs, tektro brakes and little things like aluminum bars etc. Kelly's GT has steel bars and stem. I will have to upgrade the pedals on the diadora in short order, being plastic and all. Other than that, I think it's a great inexpensive bike for the inbetween'ers. It's not a trailcraft, but it's not one of those huge POS bikes you can buy from the big box stores either. it's in between.

On to the modding with all the blue goodies now! ha ha.