Helmets for Toddlers - Woom vs Giro Scamp MIPS- Mtbr.com
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

Helmets for Toddlers - Woom vs Giro Scamp MIPS

I want to start carrying my little in an enclosed bike trailer/chariot, and she'll eventually start trying out the Stryder.

What are some good helmet options for toddlers, and is there any chance of having a helmet that'll last more than a few months before she outgrows it?

For example, the Woom Kids Helmet provides really good coverage, but maybe won't fit as long as the really well rated Giro Scamp MIPS.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    I want to start carrying my little in an enclosed bike trailer/chariot, and she'll eventually start trying out the Stryder.

What are some good helmet options for toddlers, and is there any chance of having a helmet that'll last more than a few months before she outgrows it?

For example, the Woom Kids Helmet provides really good coverage, but maybe won't fit as long as the really well rated Giro Scamp MIPS.
    How old? All of our kids (3, 5, 8) wear Bell 3R full face helmets. Our 2 year old wore the 3R and it worked great. You could convert it to the tradition while they are in the carrier. It will last them years. My advice is get a full face. Its crazy the amount of times they tip over and smash a lip or scrape a face. They are expensive but much less than dental work.They make pretty nice knee pads and elbow pads as well. Falls don't phase them anymore. They weigh a lb and half. You can "convert" them to traditional helmets should ever want to. We rarely if ever do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    As a toddler our son wore a Lazer Nutz Mips helmet. It was great as it auto adjusts as their head grows. Then agree with nwa bike dad. The Bell convertible full faces work well and have saved many dentist visits and are surprisingly small. Starting them with a full face when young is great - our 9 year old wears his without argument (no longer the Bell - have stepped up to more solid versions for DH/Enduro and a Fox Proframe for general mucking around - the Bell chin bar did its job though, got smashed on a rock).

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Agreed on the full face helmets. We just picked up some Bell Sanctions - Sierra Trading Post had XS size for $20 last week, which seemed like a steal.