Good Youth Goggles??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Good Youth Goggles??

Anyone have a good recommendation for Goggles? We are new to the Downhill scene but I'm big on having the right protection (has saved us so far). What lens is a good one to start with? I'm guessing clear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    My 4 and 5yo are using Fly youth goggles for BMX racing. I would not have chosen to get them goggles at this point for BMX racing, but they were begging for them for their birthdays. They wanted the blue lenses, but I think the clear would actually be better, and the clear is only ~$15. The goggles don't seem super durable, but so far they have taken care of them pretty well. The lenses are interchangeable too, but I guess most models are.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yes, clear lenses. Got a nearby motocross/dirt bike store? That's where I go for MTB goggles.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    My 4 and 7 yr olds use Smith Sidekick goggles w/ clear lenses. The slightly larger Smith Gambler goggles (also avail w/ clear lens) would be a better longer term fit. Avail on Amazon for about $15.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Got some sweet Fox airspace clear goggles with rediculous colors that kid picked out. (80's ski bump splatter neon colors)

That being said, when you guys ride in the park what is mandatory armor for you Dads? We are riding nothing insane or blindingly fast and junior has all the hard pads aside from neck brace now.... but Dad only has some foam Alpinestars knee pads and a Bell Super 3r... and some sweet Smith ski goggles lol (clear lens). Wondering how much gear I'll need to pickup to keep myself upright.

This is the race trail that I'll be following the kid down.
    https://www.pinkbike.com/video/475904/

My guess is we may be in the back of the pack but it should be fun. The cat 3 is 10 and under and man some of those older kids in that group are nuts. You can see them on Pinkbike. Apparently Jackson Goldstone shows up for some tho he ain't in cat3 with us lol.

My kids tells Mom in the car: "I have two dreams, 1 racing in a downhill race and 2 riding Whistler... Awesome that one of those is happening next week." makes me laugh cause geesh we were different people at 6yro.

mtbr member
    100 percent youth googles all the way for us. I get a few other brands at a discount but still buy the kids 100 percent googles. That being said, sometimes your favorite googles donít fit the favorite helmet just right...