Good FLAT trails in West Virginia/Virginia- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good FLAT trails in West Virginia/Virginia

Hey, looking to take my family to Virginia/West Virginia this summer and am looking for suggestions on biking and/or camping near trails that are family friendly.. My kids are at the stage they can take some hills, but looking for trails and even gravel roads that are on the flat side that ensures they have a good time! They are all sick of the steep trails here in our hometown of Asheville! Any other ideas or locations appreciated!

mtbr member
    Though I personally have not been there, I have heard from MANY that The Virginia Creeper is a great, family-friendly trail. Very long (over 20 miles) but smooth and down hill the whole way.

Google has a lot of info about it.
    Please visit my bike blog! And if you click a few banner ads, I wouldn't complain!
    http://realworldbiking.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Yep,,, that is on the list.. Maybe looking for something different, but that will work for sure!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have not yet been out there, but from the sounds of it the Shenandoah State Park is fairly family friendly/easy trails. As long as I can find a 20" bike for my son, I will be taking him out there soon..

From what I can tell the trails are fairly wide and a beginner level.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Greenbrier River Trail - WV

78 miles of nice rail-trail. Also, plenty of nice singletrack in the Slatyfork / Marlinton areas.

Greenbrier River Trail

C&O towpath along the Potomac - Washington DC to Cumberland, MD, 300+ miles. Not in WV or VA, but close enough (follows the VA/WV-MD border on the MD side.)

Members who have read this thread: 0