• 05-31-2019
    Kingfisher2011
    1 Attachment(s)
    Felt 26" build update - Complete (mostly)
    I thought I’d post an update on the Felt Six 80 build I was asking about a while back. This thing went from Felt to Svelte in about 3 days. It all came together quick once the parts started showing up, just in time for Take a Kid Mountain Biking day tomorrow with one of the local shops. I got this thing from my brother, box stock never ridden. It was a 2013 model, but matte black seems to be in, it was free, and best of all it was disc ready. In original trim it was 31.7 lbs. which is staggering… I know we’re all used to seeing it, but still. I’d like to give a shoutout to Brett & Ginger from Trailcraft. Truly awesome folks to work with and helped me navigate what I wanted to do with this thing. After rolling on a Trailcraft 24 for the last 2 years Si wanted a 26” TC, but I just couldn’t quite get there money-wise, so I did the next best thing and threw a pile of TC parts at it.

Build sheet -
    2013 Felt Six 80 13.5” frame
    Trailcraft direct mount 150mm cranks
    Sunrace 11-42 10sp cassette
    Rockshox SID Team 100mm
    Stans ZTR Podium MMX wheels (Trailcraft)
    Schwalbe Rocket Rons
    Ashima Ai2 rotors 160mm F/R
    Shimano Deore M6000 brakes/shifters
    Trailcraft 45mm stem
    Trailcraft lock-on grips
    SLX rear der (had this, will upgrade to clutched later)

Weight as it sits - 21.6 lbs (without pedals and chain). I'll set it up tubeless tonight, and I just moved over his old Trailcraft saddle. Both of which should bring the weight down a touch further… not including the weight of the chain of course and his Chesters. I'm still a little shocked at the 10 lb diet. I was hoping for 24, and expecting 25'ish.
  • 05-31-2019
    svinyard
    Very nice! What do you think of those ashima rotors? Are they worth it and work well?
  • 05-31-2019
    Kingfisher2011
    His Trailcraft 24 had the Ai2's and they've been great! Otherwise they probably wouldn't have been on my radar. I almost went with some Shimano SLX rotors, but again... it sure wasn't broke on his 24, so I didn't want to "fix" it on the 26! :D I was a little concerned that the bike would still end up being a bit of a tank and need more meat for brakes but fortunately it doesn't look like that is going to be an issue.
  • 06-02-2019
    Kingfisher2011
    Final weight, with pedals... 22.35 lbs. We took it out for "Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day" yesterday at one of the local park and he can rip on it pretty good. The 30T cranks with the 26" wheels appear to be spot on for the conditions around here. The amount of seatpost exposed was more than I thought it'd be... it's pretty prime for a dropper but I'm going to have him ride it for a while as is.