Commencal Clash 24 ETA- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2015

Commencal Clash 24 ETA

Looks like Commencal has pushed the Clash 24 release to June on their ordering website. Anyone have any info on this? I'm interested but I'll be needing the bike for the summer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I have a preorder in already. This news kind of sucks. Was hoping to see one a little after May 30.

Email them and see what Clay says.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    I have a preorder in already. This news kind of sucks. Was hoping to see one a little after May 30.

Email them and see what Clay says.
    Yeah, same here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Same boat, though no pre-order in yet for reasons that I won't get into here. Tempting to just buy a Rokkusuta 24 and call it a day, but the Clash looks worth waiting for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Clay at Commencal said early June was their expectation now. I think it'll be worth the wait. Dan I like that Rokussuta but unlike the 20", it almost seems like it's a 26" frame with 24" wheels and a good BB height.

If only they could do that but use a mix of the Flow adjustable front and back along with Rocky's ride9 stuff (to adjust BB height). That would be the ultimate grow bike. Nevertheless, I'll have to just wait the extra week or two (hopefully).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Rokkusuta 24 is definitely a good bike, make no mistake. Chainstays and wheelbase are quite a bit longer than the Clash though, and the Clash has a much steeper seat tube. After picking up a used 2018 GG Shred Dogg over the winter I'm sold on steep STAs. The GG is so much more planted on steep climbs than my Reign ever was. I also want/need to run a Machete JUNIT 24, and the A2C is significantly shorter than the stock Rokkusuta fork. There's also that "other" reason.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    "other" reason? Don't leave me hanging like that!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    $130 for shipping definitely stung. I think it was $40 to ship my son's Rokkusuta 20. I could nearly drive to Golden and back to pick it up for that. C'est la vie....
    Last edited by RMCDan; 3 Days Ago at 07:24 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Clay got back to me, too -- early June. I'll hold out since the spawn seems long for the pedally stuff we'll do locally. The clash will do service as a park and "enduro" bike (climb to downhill).

Any word on what they'll weigh?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Yeah Dan, the shipping gutted me too. Damn I could book a one way flight for the bike for that cost and just put it together myself. It's cheaper than the Rokkusutta tho and has better gearing and suspension for sure so it's hard to complain.

Heet, the stock weight is 28.6lbs. The wheels and tires are pretty heavy. We'll only be using those for lift days or big shuttles/races.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    heavy but around what I expected. I might build up a lighter wheelset with a gx cassette... What're you guys in the know doing for 24" wheelsets?
    Last edited by heet; 4 Days Ago at 07:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by heet View Post
    heavy but around what I expected. I might build up a lighter wheelset with a gx cassette... What're you guys in the know doing for 24" wheelsets?
    Stan's wheels 32h XD and Maxtion trail tires and sram XD cassette will have ours down to 25ish lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RMCDan View Post
    $130 for shipping definitely stung.
    Good lord, that's downright theft. I thought they had free shipping? My Transition 29er was only $80.00 shipped to Denver from Bellingham WA.

FYI in the future (If they let you) get box size and weight and do www.bikeflights.com to print yourself a label to send to them and have UPS pick it up. My buddy just turned me on to www.bikeflights.com. I just shipped a used 29er to Maine for $62.30 with bike flights. It was a HUGE box too, a 62cm Giant road bike box.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heet View Post
    Duroc JUNIT wheels with a XX1 cassette I got for a song.

Commencal has X1 and X01 cassettes pretty heavily discounted in their clearance section as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    Good lord, that's downright theft. I thought they had free shipping? My Transition 29er was only $80.00 shipped to Denver from Bellingham WA.

FYI in the future (If they let you) get box size and weight and do www.bikeflights.com to print yourself a label to send to them and have UPS pick it up. My buddy just turned me on to www.bikeflights.com. I just shipped a used 29er to Maine for $62.30 with bike flights. It was a HUGE box too, a 62cm Giant road bike box.
    Yeah, knowing BikeFlights pricing I was shocked. Could ask I guess.