Commencal Clash 20 review. (best full susp for kids out there?)- Mtbr.com
    JDO
    Heart Plumber

Commencal Clash 20 review. (best full susp for kids out there?)

My daughter is barely 6 but she is very enthusiastic about enduro biking. She is in a class every Saturday and love it. She‘s already racing And the team are preparing her for the next race on October. She’s very (too much) confident and is improving fast. We are always very concern about safety and her old 16” rigid bike was starting to get dangerous on the descents. Two weeks ago we upgrade To the Clash 20. She is 1,13 mts (44 1/2”) and 22 kg (48 lbs).

The bike is unbelievable well made, is basically a mini grown up bike. The specs are really well thought: the handlebars are thin (the are maybe too thin and because of that a bit harsh) but fit perfectly. The 1 by 10 spd drive train is well spect for the price. I had a 10 spd XX shifter spare around so I upgraded the X-5 the came with the bike. Now is even easier for her to shift.

The fork and shock work perfectly for her. Although came without manual I manage to tune both. Currently she is using 25 psi in the rear shock and 15 psi in the fork. The sag is on point, she is using 85% of both travel on normal riding.

The bike is awesome. Apparently Commencal is using a very high leverage ratio on the design because of the low energies the light weight riders produce while riding. The is clearing rock gardens with ease now and the suspension looks very active and supple. The geometry is spot on, confident inspiring. Weight, well what a small dual susp. Aluminum bike with mid range specs should weight. She is managing the bike fine.

That’s it. She’s happy, we are happier.
    Any questions? Shoot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Commencal Clash 20 review. (best full susp for kids out there?)-af16a87c-0cd7-4ec5-9da8-f693296eff02.jpeg  

Commencal Clash 20 review. (best full susp for kids out there?)-31c31575-bbb3-4bba-9903-4c3c05fd57c8.jpg  

Last edited by JDO; 08-07-2019 at 11:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Most of the kids bikes have high leverage rates iirc. A lot of the awesomeness with this is the Nino kids tune of the McLeod shock (which I've seen people like more than their Avalanch tuned Fox DPS, which is saying a lot). My understanding is the Oil, shim stack, spring etc is all purpose built for a light rider so that its appropriately damped and plush at super low PSI. Its vastly different than the other kids FS bikes we've messed with. Those usually have a cheap Monarch shock with a ladies tune on it tho. Gamechanger in my opinion at least.