24" boys vs girls frames- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

24" boys vs girls frames

It's about time I move my daughter from her 20" plus bike to a 24" bike. I know in adult size bikes like Liv, the frames are actually different than their male counterparts. Is this the same for kids bikes like the Liv Enchant/Giant XTC or GT Stomper Ace 24/GT Lola Ace 24?

I was leaning towards a GT Lola Ace for my daughter and putting some of my old parts on it, but surprisingly she said she doesn't like the lavender color and maybe likes the black/teal/green of the Stomper boys bike. I also have a lead on a used Giant XTC disc but was only able to get her fitted at the bike shop for the Liv Enchant disc. I know there's always the option to strip it and paint/powder coat it, but it's money and time I didn't want to spend. Plus today's custom color might not be liked next summer or by my younger daughter when she takes it over

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Both boy and girl GT Ace bikes are the same. Only difference is the color. My daughter loves her Lola Ace. I think plus size tires are a no go for kids. Extra weight and when they move up wheel size you’ll have to see if their confidence is the same with a thinner tire. My niece and nephews won’t ride my kids bike with 2.3” tires because all they ride are plus 3” and feel like they’ll loose balance.

For the price of the GT Ace it isn’t bad. Stock weight is 26.2lbs which is great for a big box store bike. I swapped the stock coil fork to a SRSuntour air fork and dropped it to 25.6lbs and waiting for my CX dropper so I can put my carbon post on hers to save a bit more weight.
    Hopefully this helps.

Members who have read this thread: 2