Pirate!!!

Wreckoning to an Offering comparisons

I know that thereís at least a few of you that have gone from a Wreckoning to an Offering, what are your thoughts about the Offering in comparison?
    Iíve been rolling on the Wreckoning myself for almost 3 years, itís been my ďdo everythingĒ bike. And while I continue to love the beast, Iím beginning to lust for a new steed. Admittedly, what Iím hoping to hear is that the Offering is as capable in gnarly terrain as the Wrecker, yet climbs better, and feels more lively for trail dutyís.
    The trails I ride are often very chunky, Western Sierra rocks, mixed with buttery flow and loam.
    Thanks in advance.

wretch
    Here you go.

The Offering is as capable in gnarly terrain as the Wrecker, yet climbs better, and feels more lively for trail dutyís.

Hard to call it "as capable" in gnarly terrain but putting a coil on there I imagine would be all it needs to be pretty darn close. I had the Wreck - loved it - but the Offering is better for my overall riding style and ride type.

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post
    Here you go.

The Offering is as capable in gnarly terrain as the Wrecker, yet climbs better, and feels more lively for trail dutyís.

Hard to call it "as capable" in gnarly terrain but putting a coil on there I imagine would be all it needs to be pretty darn close. I had the Wreck - loved it - but the Offering is better for my overall riding style and ride type.
    Thanks man, you and I ride a lot of the same trails between Truckee, Downieville, and Nevada City. So Iím glad to hear your opinion on this!

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I have a slightly different view. Had a Wreckoning for a year and now have 3 rides on my Offering. I ride in So Cal. The Wreckoning is better for the steep gnar whereas the Offering is more lively, poppier and climbs better. The Offering is very capable but there is definitely a difference when things turn downhill with big rocks and drops.

Paste eater
    I've owned an insurgent and now I own a wreckoning and Following MB. Looking hard at the Offering. Little more pop, little lighter and more than anything, a steeper STA is what I'm interested in. I dunno. Also considering a RipMo or Ransom.

wretch
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongWayB View Post
    I have a slightly different view. Had a Wreckoning for a year and now have 3 rides on my Offering. I ride in So Cal. The Wreckoning is better for the steep gnar whereas the Offering is more lively, poppier and climbs better. The Offering is very capable but there is definitely a difference when things turn downhill with big rocks and drops.
    I agree with you 100% I think what I was trying to say is that the characteristics of the Wreck are noticeable more so than those of the Following when looking at the Offering platform. I know I'll notice the 'shortcomings' of the Offering on big trails like D'ville and other high sierra areas BUT I put the Following MB through those same trails and loved it - however I was super worked and felt the lack of suspension... I think what all of that verbal vomit is saying is that the Offering is the perfect blend of both of EVILS extremely awesome 29" bikes. I had no complaints about the Wrecks climbing ability - nor did I notice a slack seattube. On the Offering I feel like I am in a better position in / on the bike overall.

Pirate!!!
    Good insight here guys, thank you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Demoed an offering today - was really impressed. Very different bike from the following (owned the original for a year) and the wreckoning (demoed one). This one had the dpx2 and it tracked the ground so well. Felt coil like. Reminded me of the grip I had on the following, but even better. Amazing on the descents, but that was partly down to it having a 170mm fork up front!!!! It felt a little high to say the least!

Looking forward to trying it again with a 150mm fork in the low setting...

I would aay the only negative is it feels more point and shoot than as playful as the follwing or wreckoning - guessing due to the much longer wheelbase (and the fact that this one was probably 64.5 degree head angle!!!!)