Wreckoning bottom bracket and crankset- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Wreckoning bottom bracket and crankset

Googled like a maniac but still can't work out without a doubt which BB I should be looking for that will fit a Wreckoning frame. Spec says "threaded 73mm BSA BB shell" but which BBs match this?

Also, which cranks will fit the BB I chose above? And do I need Boost cranks?

What are you guys using? All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Name the cranks you want to use (Shimano, Sram X whatever, Raceface Next SL, etc...). From that information we can offer up what bb to purchase...
    2018 Pole Machine
    2019 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9.9
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not set on any particular cranks atm still undecided, but looking at mostly SRAM X01 carbon or cheap Gx, Raceface Turbine or Next SL. Would be interested in hearing what you guys have on yours.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    x01. Very happy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I went with a *raceface turbine-x-type-68-73mm-bottom-bracket. Very happy with it so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I have a chris king bb and xtr cranks with eagle drivetrain, all works perfectly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    How about Shimano's XT BB called BB-MT800 Bottom Bracket BSA Hollowtech II. Would that work? Thinking about a full XT groupset and it comes with that BB.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Figured this is a good place to ask this. What 30mm BB are folks having success with for RF cinch cranks? I'm done with the RF BB as they dont seem to hold up in the PNW and begin creaking.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Du Rietz View Post
    How about Shimano's XT BB called BB-MT800 Bottom Bracket BSA Hollowtech II. Would that work? Thinking about a full XT groupset and it comes with that BB.
    As said earlier, choose your crankset first...this will determine what BB you need. At the moment you are doing it wrong way about...letting your choice of BB decide what crankset to use. The Shimano BB you mention above will enable you to use any of the Shimano Hollowtech II cransets such as XT or SLX etc... I would recommend using the XT "Boost" crankset to help with chain alignment. The Wreckoning is a 73 mm wide BB shell, so you will need to use one 2 mm spacer on the drive side (spacers will come with the BB).
    2018 Pole Machine
    2019 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2017 Trek Fuel EX 9.9
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel

mtbr member
    Gents, can someone explain if bb30 cranks will work with the wreckoning? I bought a wreckoning second hand, it came with the raceface 30mm bottom bracket, obviously the frame is 73mm bsa. Can I run sram bb30 cranks with this setup without problems?

I have a set of xx1 narrow 156q gxp cranks. I installed a gxp bottom bracket and the cranks but there is not enough clearance. I even tried it with two 2.5mm spacers on both drive and non-drive sides. I know even if I have the clearance this would probably result in issues from insufficient engagement.

Anyway I'm looking for the best/least expensive crank option to add to the components I already have. Thanks.