So what comes next from those Evil geniuses after the Offering?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2018

So what comes next from those Evil geniuses after the Offering?

I would love to see them revise the geometry on the Calling to have a steeper STA like the Offering, or better yet, a new 27.5 altogether with the updated geometry and 140 mm travel. IMO, that would make for a perfect, playful and nimble trail bike.

mtbr member
    Why not set the Offering up with 27.5 ? According to the Evil website no problem running 27.5 x 2.6 - 2.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by railntrail View Post
    Why not set the Offering up with 27.5 ? According to the Evil website no problem running 27.5 x 2.6 - 2.8

I just don't love plus sized tires. I prefer a 2.4" - 2.5" front with a 2.3" - 2.4" rear.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Didn't see any mention of taking 27.5+ tires on their website but fanatik's review did say it can take 27.5 plus tires.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jacksonlui; 10-04-2018 at 10:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Didn't see any mention of taking 27.5+ tires on their website but fanatik's review did say it can take 27.5 plus tires.

I thought a 27.5 tire that is 2.6" or wider was considered plus size, no?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I would love to see an aggressive carbon HT with sliding dropouts from them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Not really sure. That may be in the gray area. I thought 2.8 and up and plus size and closer to the size of a 29er

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Either way, you make a valid point. I don't see them coming out with another bike solely for 27.5 with that geometry and travel if you can run a 27.5 2.6" tire on the Offering.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I talked with the guys at Evil about this earlier this week. What I got out of the conversation was that they were going to bring the Offering's geometry specs to the rest of their line, starting with the Following. This will happen within a year or so.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler24 View Post
    I talked with the guys at Evil about this earlier this week. What I got out of the conversation was that they were going to bring the Offering's geometry specs to the rest of their line, starting with the Following. This will happen within a year or so.
    Great info! That's what I assumed and the logical path forward as opposed to releasing new models.

Demon Cleaner
    This sounds good. I like my Wreckoning but would love to see it with Offering geo

Bicycling is politics by other means.

mtbr member
    I'm kind of surprised (pleasantly) at the Offering's moderate geo. I was betting that the next Wrecker would get much more aggressive but now I'm not so sure. I don't mind the moderate (relative to current trend) geo myself as I like the Wreckoning's stock head angle as well as when using a -1 deg headset. I am, however, going back to the -1.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by titusquasi View Post
    I'm kind of surprised (pleasantly) at the Offering's moderate geo. I was betting that the next Wrecker would get much more aggressive but now I'm not so sure. I don't mind the moderate (relative to current trend) geo myself as I like the Wreckoning's stock head angle as well as when using a -1 deg headset. I am, however, going back to the -1.
    Do you run your Wreck in LOW or X-LOW? I bought my Wreck with the standard FSA headset installed and also have a -1.5 works headset. The the BB turns out to be too low to run in X-LOW, I'll probably leave it in LOW and install the -1.5 headset.

mtbr member
    Considering the MB came out around this time last year, I would be upset myself if they already make a new model. But that's businesses. I remember they use to have a new model of sportbikes/ superbikes every 2 years.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler24 View Post
    as I was pondering the offering and whether its truly a "middle of the road" between the FMB and the Wrecker, I came to the conclusion that it is a Wrecker "light" with a 140mm fork and a Wrecker with a 160mm fork (or almost dead on Sentinel from a spreadsheet perspective). i do believe that pulling the rider weight forward with increased reach does mask a reduction in rear suspension travel. with that in mind, i got to thinking that there is a makeover for the entire line on the way. you don't just sing the superlatives of longer reach and seat tube for one frame while letting the others hang out to dry.

I wonder what the yield life of a carbon model frame mold is? My guess is that the Wrecker/Insurgent LBs were processes changes, not new molds. Obviously the FMB is new molds. That theoretically makes the FMB tooling the only one that is not long in the tooth. Now-ish might be the perfect time to retool the whole lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by TrashPanda View Post
    Do you run your Wreck in LOW or X-LOW? I bought my Wreck with the standard FSA headset installed and also have a -1.5 works headset. The the BB turns out to be too low to run in X-LOW, I'll probably leave it in LOW and install the -1.5 headset.
    running -1* with a 160mm fork on an XL Wrecker with 170mm cranks. The only place where she sees XLow is the park. Otherwise I am stomping rocks with every pedal stroke.
    Last edited by tdc_worm; 10-08-2018 at 05:31 AM.

ZEN RIDER!
    I keep hoping for the Undead.
    Life in every breath

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    curious if and when they are bringing the new geo to the rest of the lineup

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrashPanda View Post
    Crap. Missed this question. Sorry!

I've never even bothered with XLow. Low is plenty for me. I will be using the -1 with a Minion DHF 3.0 in a Fox 36. My fork has the 51 offset but the taller tire is supposed to increase "trail" like the 44 offset does. I'm not even sure if I have a clue what I am saying there but that's where I'm headed. I also switched to 165mm cranks and I'm 6'3" on an XL. I really like the shorter cranks more than I expected. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mt.biker e View Post
    i keep hoping for the undead.
    this!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I'd like to see a Calling and Insurgent with the geo trends of the Offering. Confused about the LB and MB bikes and then the Offering with the "we were wrong" description. I'd probably buy both 27.5 frames if they had steeper seat tubes and the reach/top tube to match. But hard to spend the money if there are changes on the horizon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deserat View Post
    I'd like to see a Calling and Insurgent with the geo trends of the Offering. Confused about the LB and MB bikes and then the Offering with the "we were wrong" description. I'd probably buy both 27.5 frames if they had steeper seat tubes and the reach/top tube to match. But hard to spend the money if there are changes on the horizon.
    my guess is that the "LB" bikes were process changes, and that the carbon molds did not change. shave weight, add new colors, pick up some new customers. the following was the most dated bike in the line up, so a change was in the works before before everyone decided they needed a 77* seat tube.

Yeti rolled out the SB100, SB130 and SB150 this year. Transition retooled their entire lineup. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. I suspect you'll every manufacturer update their offerings (no pun intended) at break neck speed to be "current"