Outside Magazine mtb of the year award goes to....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Outside Magazine mtb of the year award goes to....

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Wish there was more info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2017 Ibis Ripley LS Factory X01

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
    Wish there was more info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think more info will come out when the full 25 bike issue is released. The vid was probably a marketing tool to get attention.

I fix choppers

Enduro Mag...

...gave the Wreckoning best descender in their latest test.
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    After reading this review I am wondering if owning a Wreckoning is the right bike for me. I do own one by the way

I agree with the review 100% and its the climbing aspects of the Wrecker that worry me as Iím starting Enduro racing this year and 35km with 5000 ft of climbing on the Wrecker worries me.

Question is would I notice that much difference in climging with the other end of the scale in enduro bike, I mean the ones like the Hightower or Yeti 5.5 that suppose to climb better?

Or do I just get as fit as possible and put some lighter tyres on the Wreckoning to make it go up hill a bit faster?

Thanks
    Neil

nel
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by neilingle View Post
    After reading this review I am wondering if owning a Wreckoning is the right bike for me. I do own one by the way

I agree with the review 100% and its the climbing aspects of the Wrecker that worry me as Iím starting Enduro racing this year and 35km with 5000 ft of climbing on the Wrecker worries me.

Question is would I notice that much difference in climging with the other end of the scale in enduro bike, I mean the ones like the Hightower or Yeti 5.5 that suppose to climb better?

Or do I just get as fit as possible and put some lighter tyres on the Wreckoning to make it go up hill a bit faster?

Thanks
    Neil
    At most Enduros you are only going to be timed on predominantly downhill sections and it is those times that will determine your final placing. Personally I would choose the setup that allows you to go fastest downhill with the least chance of mechanicals during the timed section. A puncture during a timed stage would pretty much end your chance of a good placing there and then. So that would mean durable tyres, rims etc. Yes it will take it out of you more on the climbs but in most events you can take your time on the climbs as long as you are aware of any cut-off times for arriving at the start of the next stage. Where about in the UK are you going to be racing? The terrain would be the number one thing that would influence my bike choice - Scotland, The Lakes etc with big rocky descents I would go for The Wreckoning but if the event is around Trail centres or less extreme terrain The Following MB would be a better option.