No Wreckoning?- Mtbr.com

Thread: No Wreckoning?

beer is good

No Wreckoning?

Anyone know why the Wreckoning is gone from the Evil web site?
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I hadn't even seen it on there yet. I don't think they've updated there website in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCW
    mtbr member
    Yeah - Evil's website is lacking. They don't have the new Following colors for 2016 either. Better off looking at Fanatik sadly.

Santa Cruz Hightower LT

mtbr member
    I know a new website is in the works. I assume the launch is going to coincide with the "official launch" of the Wreckoning. Back in Jan-Feb we were hearing that this big launch (with attendant video, release of reviews by major sites etc.) was imminent was what was holding up release of the frames. Then out came the frames, but no big media splash, more of a "soft open" as they say in the restaurant business.

The new site is going to include direct sales of merch, so that'll require some infrastructure on the back end, maybe that's the holdup. Or maybe they're waiting for the wave of Sea Otter releases to abate so the Wreckoning gets more attention.

bunjinjohn
    Dec 2004
    I put in an order on a Wreckoning frame back in January, way before the "wave of Sea Otter releases." Nothing much happened for couple of months, but then I got an email that frames were in, followed by a flurry of phone calls that helped convince me to opt for the Push Industries shock. Since then, I've emailed twice... no response. And I was willing to cough up $3,800 for a frame and shock?

You could say that's just the norm dealing with a "boutique" brand, yet Ibis swore their dealers to secrecy and only announced the new HD3 after they had them in stores, ready for sale. That's respecting your customers.

Maya Angelou said "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

mtbr member
    Yeah I have no idea at this point. When I picked up my Wreckoning frame ~6 weeks ago, the folks at Evil HQ where hard at work on their website and showed me beta versions. I'm pretty surprised there has been no update and no "official" Wreckoning launch.

If you don't live in Seattle (as I do) I'd suggest going through Fanatik for all Evil purchases. Their customer service is excellent and they will interface with Evil HQ for you. They guys at Evil are great but they're not really a retail operation so things fall through the cracks.

mtbr member
    My buddy had his blue medium wreckoning within 3 days of a phone call to evil. He own s a shop so not sure if that's a factor but maybe they're waiting on push?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Nels - You in the market for a Wreckoning? I just picked up a Following from Jason at G-Fit yesterday. Give him a call.

beer is good
    Not necessarily, was just wanting to check out the geo. Had thought about a Following last year, but got a Spider 29c instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig View Post
    Nels - You in the market for a Wreckoning? I just picked up a Following from Jason at G-Fit yesterday. Give him a call.
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I looked at the Wreckoning, the Jeffsy and the Carbine 29 before demoing the Following. I had thought I'd want something similar in travel to the WFO, but found that the Following was better than the WFO downhill and probably just as fast as the Jet 9 RDO uphill. Less is more.

bunjinjohn
    Dec 2004
    Thanks for the advice, DrewBird. I just put in my order with Fanatik. Wish I'd known that route was available months ago.