how to install internal dropper on evil frame?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

how to install internal dropper on evil frame?

Hi Evil owner,
    I just got a following medium 2017 model frame, but having problem with routing the internal cable for dropper..
    How did you do it? Start from headtube or seat tube? The cable housing always stuck at around BB area.
    This is my first internal dropper.
    I watched YouTube, but none with evil frame.

mtbr member
    If you already have a dropper cable in there now, what I do is pull out the old cable housing (while keeping the derailleur cable in place), measure the new housing against the housing I just pulled out, cut to the same length, then route the new housing into the frame using the derailleur cable that is still on the frame.

However, if there is no cable/housing inside the frame (if it's a frameset for example), try routing the housing into the frame, if it won't go up the seat tube, remove the crankset to see if you coax the cable up the seat tube. I've been successful just putting the housing in until it stops then twisting it and pushing in (repeat a few times) until it finally goes up the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks.. twisting it many times eventually work..i tried from seat tube.
    Awesome, thanks for the tips.

mtbr member
    There is a sharp turn in there. My wreck, from the head tube, the cable stopped around the BB, and I just give a little harder push and it popped through to the seat tube.

mtbr member
    You can also just start with a derailleur cable via the down tube. Use a magnetic stick dropped into the down tube to draw the cable up to it. Then route the housing through via the cable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    thanks for the tips. I can see there is a little tube inside seat tube, near BB and top tube section, but bent toward the top tube, so it was hard to get into. finally after twisting and push / pull so many times, it worked.