Following MB chainguide clearance- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Following MB chainguide clearance

My FMB seems to have very little clearance on the inside of the chainring to the inner plate of the chainguide. When things are dry/clean it's all good, but any dirt/mud results in grinding/rubbing and I can see the spot on the plastic inner plate that is catching. Is this normal? Anyone else experienced the same?

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    No, the olny time it happened, there was some play in my cassette that made the chain moving left to right and rubbing the chainguide.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rossp View Post
    My FMB seems to have very little clearance on the inside of the chainring to the inner plate of the chainguide. When things are dry/clean it's all good, but any dirt/mud results in grinding/rubbing and I can see the spot on the plastic inner plate that is catching. Is this normal? Anyone else experienced the same?
    Hey, I'm getting the same thing with a set of E13 TRS Carbon cranks and GuideringSL. I didnt notice in the dry as you mentioned, but now that it's getting muddy I can see some wear on the inner plastic peice of the chainguide as well. I'm going to put in some crank spindle spacers on the driveside to push it out a bit and see if that helps. FWIW I'm using the exact spacer setup E13 and Evil recommends. I'll let you know if this fixes it!

mtbr member
    Ok thanks - Iím reluctant to start messing with chainline if I can avoid it, as I donít ride in mud too often but let me know if that works out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rossp View Post
    Ok thanks - Iím reluctant to start messing with chainline if I can avoid it, as I donít ride in mud too often but let me know if that works out.
    I'm gonna have to pull the BB off and space from there... for some reason I didnt think about bearing preload with a crank spacer. we just got some snow so I might not get to this for a while. let me know if you come up with a solution on your end!