The Evil OFFERING.... - Page 16- Mtbr.com
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 1,501 to 1,587 of 1587
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Doesn't look like completes went up at all.
    Doesn't matter b/c they are all sold out. Once they come back on, if it is not jumped 10% then I would question...

I was going to get the offering this year, but I can't see myself spending more than 3k for a frame plus shipping damn. My Following MB is great; like everyone else, I just wanted a tad more.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Evil does charge way too much for a direct to consumer bike company. That's a fact.

mtbr member
    Yeah, tariffs or not, I think if you are spending that money $3k and up) it would be nice to get more in return, like a lifetime limited warranty.

What other companies went up do to tariffs that we know of?

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by jwren00 View Post
    Evil does charge way too much for a direct to consumer bike company. That's a fact.
    I'm pretty bummed about this, they wouldn't even let me order one several weeks back. They just put me on a notification list, now it's $275 more. They could at least extend the warranty on them a bit for the price increase, make a guy feel a little better anyways.

Edit: and yeah I know I'm whining like a little girl 😁

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I'm pretty bummed about this, they wouldn't even let me order one several weeks back. They just put me on a notification list, now it's $275 more. They could at least extend the warranty on them a bit for the price increase, make a guy feel a little better anyways.

Edit: and yeah I know I'm whining like a little girl 😁
    I ordered mine through fanatik bike. I ordered it Feb 16. Although I'm still waiting I'm glad I didn't get hit with the $200 increase.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    My Large Offering, 160mm Lyrik, Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil RCT.

All ready for Malaga smashing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Looks like evil's website is updated. All build kits for my boy blue in med are in stock.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_fox_racer View Post
    Looks like evil's website is updated. All build kits for my boy blue in med are in stock.
    Thanks man, I haven't received any notices from them as to being in stock yet but hopefully.........

mtbr member
    At $3300 USD, I'm out. Could care less that Aggy & Norbs is riding for Evil - that's two major price bumps in the last 9 months?
    °Geaux Tigers! - °Visca el BarÁa!

"Finer than frog hair!" - Lumberjack

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post
    At $3300 USD, I'm out. Could care less that Aggy & Norbs is riding for Evil - that's two major price bumps in the last 9 months?
    Im actually starting to feel the same way. Bummer.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post
    I'm pretty torn if I want one now.

mtbr member
    Price increases are a bummer for sure...but I can tell you the tariffs are real. Seen it impact my industry in the millions of dollars on steel and Al tubing from the EU and small components from Asia. Most BtoB industrials were quick to analyze and pass on pricing to customers. Surprising to see it taking this long to hit the consumer bike market.
    Last edited by Stupordave; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You can get a Guerilla Gravity, Intense, Revel, etc. etc. etc., WITH A FORK, for less than you can get an evil frame now. WTF

My current calling will be my last Evil bike unless they take about $800 off the frame price.

mtbr member
    You can get a Guerilla Gravity, Intense, Revel, etc. etc. etc., WITH A FORK, for less than you can get an evil frame now. WTF

My current calling will be my last Evil bike unless they take about $800 off the frame price.
    It's all in the name though. For instance, you can also get a full nx carbon fezzari la sal peak with a lyrik rct3 for $3500.....

We all just pick different poison

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NHMB View Post
    It's all in the name though. For instance, you can also get a full nx carbon fezzari la sal peak with a lyrik rct3 for $3500.....

We all just pick different poison
    Yes true. My point is, EVIL is a direct to consumer bike company. You shouldn't have to pay a retail bike store price if you're just ordering a bike straight off their website. The cost of an evil should be compared to bikes from companies like intense, GG, Fezzari, these new Revel bikes, etc.

mtbr member
    Yes true. My point is, EVIL is a direct to consumer bike company. You shouldn't have to pay a retail bike store price if you're just ordering a bike straight off their website. The cost of an evil should be compared to bikes from companies like intense, GG, Fezzari, these new Revel bikes, etc.
    I know what you mean, and I actually agree with you.
    I'm just saying is business. Cost, supply, demand.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupordave View Post
    Price increases are a bummer for sure...but I can tell you the tariffs are real. Seen it impact my industry in the millions of dollars on steel and Al tubing from the EU and small components from Asia. Most BtoB industrials were quick to analyze and pass on pricing to customers. Surprising to see it taking this long to hit the consumer bike market.
    Tariffs are nothing more than another tax on consumers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Seriously guys, google Premiere Bike Adventures in TX, give them a call. You will get a good price on a new Evil. That is where I got mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Really bummed about the price increase. Really wanted an Offering frame to replace my V1 Following, but the Canadian price for a frame with a DPX2 is pushing 5K. Can get a Ripmo NX complete build with the same shock for about $5,400.00 Canadian. As much as I love my Following, just can't justify the cost of a new Offering frame, when I can get a comparable frame with a complete build for a few hundred more.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018

The Evil OFFERING....

Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Any updated reviews on the Offering? This thread seems full of sizing, and spec details but not a lot of ride reviews. I have read a bunch of comparisons but not much on how the bike rides.

Does it live up to the hype?. Bike seemed to think it leaned towards the Following rather than the Wreckoning but that was with a 140 fork.

I would run a 150 or 160 fork and looking for something a hair more DH oriented than the Ripmo. Currently on a Smash but interested in the DELTA suspension. The numbers of the Offering look like they would fit me perfectly.

Maybe not much riding going on due to winter weather.

Thanks for any feedback
    The offering is my 1st evil and 2nd mid travel 29er ( currently selling my nomad4 and Ď16 Hightower)

150 36RC2 with push in the rear (11/6 11-6 elevensix eleven6).
    I9 305 alum straight pull
    2.3 Maxxis w/cushcore
    Codes and xo1
    Weighs 30lbs

This bike fuggs like a MINX. It is light years better than my Hightower and I had that thing BUILT. I think cornering and playing is where it shines brightest. Iíve ridden my local trails at south mountain in Phoenix and now Sedona at the festival. I can jib, nose pit, manual, whip etc. tech climb skills are novice to intermediate. Race expert enduro but not pro. BMX race and moto race background. This bike HANDLES. I have tons of traction both front and rear. No matter the speed or terrain. No wheelies while climbing the steeps. Iíve hit bottom but didnít realize until I looked at the sag indicator. 150mm up front is plenty. 160 if I was mainly riding park but after what Iíve done with it already Iím very confident the 150 will hold up in the park. Composed. Confidence inspiring. All those clichť bike review terms are not good enough for this bike. I got ballsy half way thru a run on a new trail and absolutely sent it blind into a rock garden with fist sized to mini basketball sized rocks (smooth and sharp) and it felt like the bike was taunting me to do more. Sticking its chin out like a cocky boxer. No head shake. Didnít swap. No huck a buck. Effing planted. And it had been raining. The dirt was PERFECT. everyone I was riding with was having problems with traction over the rocks climbing and descending but not me!

I bought this bike without a demo. I rode a calling at outerbike almost 2 years ago and since then Iíve demod yetis, YT, pivot, Rocky Mountain, and Iíve owned the new pivot Mach 6, Hightower and Nomad4. Nothing Iíve ever ridden, sat on or pedaled around the parking lot can hold a candle to this bike. Absolutely RIPS. Putting a fox DPS on it soon to ride some flatter more XC style trails. Pumped about that too.

Last edited by jsray152; 1 Week Ago at 01:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    After the first ride I was looking over the bike and found all the linkage and shock hardware had broken the torque. They werenít rattling loose but they werenít snug either. Re torqued. Rode 3 times. No issues since.

Learning to jump
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by harry timbercrank View Post
    Really bummed about the price increase. Really wanted an Offering frame to replace my V1 Following, but the Canadian price for a frame with a DPX2 is pushing 5K. Can get a Ripmo NX complete build with the same shock for about $5,400.00 Canadian. As much as I love my Following, just can't justify the cost of a new Offering frame, when I can get a comparable frame with a complete build for a few hundred more.
    In your situation Iíd go with the Ripmo as well. Good luck!

2015 Evil Following

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Does anyone know the maximum seat post insertion on a Medium?

I have a 150mm OneUp dropper, currently have about 62mm of post out of the frame so by my reckoning a 170mm dropper would need to be inserted 201mm (OneUp specify max insertion = 243 minus 42mm of exposed post)

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny0_3 View Post
    Does anyone know the maximum seat post insertion on a Medium?
    Evil told me 225mm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    I'm really struggling to understand how they could be that different in price. Ripmo frame is $3k USD Offering is only $300 USD more. Seems like the exchange rate should be the same?

I haven't ridden an Offering with a SD shock, since I got mine with a DPX2. I did that specifically so I could add some LSC. I have to say though that the Offering pedals so well, I think I should have gone with the SD. Just food for thought if you aren't set on a Ripmo.

mtbr member
    Offering frame in USD is $3,349.00 (with DPX2), Ripmo NX complete build is $4,199.00 Difference in CDN could be duties associated with frame vs full bike. NX build is admittedly crappy parts, but i do have decent ones on my V1 following that i will swap over where i can.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Offering frame in USD is $3,349.00 (with DPX2), Ripmo NX complete build is $4,199.00 Difference in CDN could be duties associated with frame vs full bike. NX build is admittedly crappy parts, but i do have decent ones on my V1 following that i will swap over where i can.
    I see. I didn't realize that the Ripmo NX was that inexpensive. I assume you are planning to sell of the NX parts to make it worth going for the full build instead of just buying a Ripmo frame?

Have you ridden a Ripmo and know you like it? It rides very differently to the Offering in my opinion. I thought I was going to get a Ripmo until I demo'd one, but it just didn't work for me (and several others I know too). The folks that like it really like it though, so it seems pretty personal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrallen View Post
    I see. I didn't realize that the Ripmo NX was that inexpensive. I assume you are planning to sell of the NX parts to make it worth going for the full build instead of just buying a Ripmo frame?

Have you ridden a Ripmo and know you like it? It rides very differently to the Offering in my opinion. I thought I was going to get a Ripmo until I demo'd one, but it just didn't work for me (and several others I know too). The folks that like it really like it though, so it seems pretty personal.
    I have a demo set up so we will see. If it works i will throw the Ripmo parts on my Following where i can and sell the Following as a complete bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBermmundy View Post
    I slightly upgraded to the Fox DPX2 and found that I needed to put 40 lbs of air pressure above my body weight for it to feel like I want it. I weigh 180/lbs. It was mushy and not as lively as I liked until I got the suspension set up correctly. Loving this bike!
    Whoah! This makes me feel like I'm WAAAAAAAY off. I weigh 185, and I've had to pump my DPX2 UP to around 280psi to get 30% sag.. Am I missing something, or are you running a lot of sag on the bike?

Tx, Jean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsray152 View Post
    The offering is my 1st evil and 2nd mid travel 29er ( currently selling my nomad4 and Ď16 Hightower)

150 36RC2 with push (11/6 11-6 elevensix eleven6) in the rear.
    I9 305 alum straight pull
    2.3 Maxxis w/cushcore
    Codes and xo1
    Weighs 30lbs
    30lbs with coil front and rear, aluminum wheels, and cushcore😳. I would be pumped if this were accurate! My build should come in around 27! How exactly did you weigh this beast?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    30lbs with coil front and rear, aluminum wheels, and cushcore😳. I would be pumped if this were accurate! My build should come in around 27! How exactly did you weigh this beast?
    Yeah I gotta question that weight as well. I'm expecting my build with a Lyrik, 11-6, X0, and Code brakes to come in around 32lb.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Yeah I gotta question that weight as well. I'm expecting my build with a Lyrik, 11-6, X0, and Code brakes to come in around 32lb.
    My large offering with code brakes, cush cores, i9 hubs, carbon raceface bits, non-coil shock and XX1 cluster comes in at 35 pounds with cages and pedals.. I'd struggle to see it get to 30lbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    My large came in at 30lbs, 2.5 oz with DPX2, Lyrik, E13 bash guard, Next R bars and crank, NOX Kitsuma i36 wheels, tubeless 2.5WT tires, Hope brakes and rotors, X0 Eagle drivetrain, and OneUp composite pedals.

aka bOb
    Has anyone ridden the Offering with both the RS and the DPx2 and if so thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx44 View Post
    My large came in at 30lbs, 2.5 oz with DPX2, Lyrik, E13 bash guard, Next R bars and crank, NOX Kitsuma i36 wheels, tubeless 2.5WT tires, Hope brakes and rotors, X0 Eagle drivetrain, and OneUp composite pedals.
    Are you getting any rear end rub with the 2.5 tire on it? I'm wanting to go to a 2.5 aggressor, but the clearance looks like it will be pretty tight. There was a picture on this thread with that set up that looked too close for my comfort, but it's always hard for me to tell through an internet pic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I just finished the build and trails haven't dried out yet. I did do an 11 mile XC ride where I picked up some thin mud but no rocks.

I knew I wanted 2.5 from the beginning and had saw that pic. It's really as close as it looks. I installed Invisiframe for that exact reason. My wheels are stiff and being i36, there is a lot of sidewall support. I dont expect rubbing issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    I just finished the build and trails haven't dried out yet. I did do an 11 mile XC ride where I picked up some thin mud but no rocks.

I knew I wanted 2.5 from the beginning and had saw that pic. It's really as close as it looks. I installed Invisiframe for that exact reason. My wheels are stiff and being i36, there is a lot of sidewall support. I dont expect rubbing issues.
    Thanks! Would love to see an update after you have a few decent rides in. I was just looking at it last night again and thinking, "That looks tight."

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by mrallen View Post
    Thanks! Would love to see an update after you have a few decent rides in. I was just looking at it last night again and thinking, "That looks tight."
    My medium (with Invisiframe) was built up a week or so ago and the mechanic really didn't like the look of the 2.5 Aggressor, so I chose to switch to a 2.4 WT DHR

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny0_3 View Post
    My medium (with Invisiframe) was built up a week or so ago and the mechanic really didn't like the look of the 2.5 Aggressor, so I chose to switch to a 2.4 WT DHR
    yeah, I have a 2.3 DHR on there now and thinking 2.4 would be as wide as I would go with the rocks around here.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Has anyone here got internal cable rattling from the dropper post?

Mine rattles on rough descents, and is rather annoying!

Have you done anything to silence it?

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post

One person on this thread somewhere said they where having the same issue.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post

On the two rides I have on my bike, I havenít noticed any noises. The bike has been super quiet so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirttrackin280h View Post
    On the two rides I have on my bike, I havenít noticed any noises. The bike has been super quiet so far.

I put a small piece of adhesive backed Velcro (soft side) between the frame and the cable right at the entrance hole and slightly it it. Thatís where most of my rattle was coming from.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupordave View Post
    I put a small piece of adhesive backed Velcro (soft side) between the frame and the cable right at the entrance hole and slightly it it. Thatís where most of my rattle was coming from.
    When you say the entrance hole, do you mean the front of the frame by the head tube, or inside the seat tube?

My rattle is coming from inside the downtube/seattube I think. Not the hose touching the frame outside.

mtbr member
    By headtube. That is where my rattle was coming from. Havenít heard any coming from inside the frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Will OneUp's EDC tool system fit on a Medium Offering?
    2019 Evil Offering (150/140 29")
    2017 Santa Cruz Chameleon (SS 29")
    2015 Salsa Blackborrow (Fatty)
    2009 Redline Monocog 29er Flight (SS 29" Commuter)

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    30lbs with coil front and rear, aluminum wheels, and cushcore. I would be pumped if this were accurate! My build should come in around 27! How exactly did you weigh this beast?
    No coil front.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjcdesignz View Post
    Will OneUp's EDC tool system fit on a Medium Offering?
    Where are you putting it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    everyone jumped my balls because one dude read my post wrong. I do not have coil in the front. The bike is a drink of water under 31lbs. Fight me lol.

Paste eater
    everyone jumped my balls because one dude read my post wrong. I do not have coil in the front. The bike is a drink of water under 31lbs. Fight me lol.
    I'm a ball jumper not fighter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I've been running the 160 Grip 2 for 2.5 mos. in Sedona and love it! The majority of the riding is chunky, rocky ledges and a lot of techy slow climbs. The fork and geometry work great in both slow going and when it opens up. It's not quite as nimble in the slow going but love it when it's fast! Also running a 2.5WT on the front and a Rekon 2.6 in the rear.

Big M, Little organ.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rushracer View Post
    I've been running the 160 Grip 2 for 2.5 mos. in Sedona and love it! The majority of the riding is chunky, rocky ledges and a lot of techy slow climbs. The fork and geometry work great in both slow going and when it opens up. It's not quite as nimble in the slow going but love it when it's fast! Also running a 2.5WT on the front and a Rekon 2.6 in the rear.
    Any angle adjusting headsets? What offset? Low/x-low?

I'm planning to set mine up as 160 with a -1 headset at first (44 offset fox 36). Wondering if thats too much and if I should start with 150.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Organ View Post
    Any angle adjusting headsets? What offset? Low/x-low?

I'm planning to set mine up as 160 with a -1 headset at first (44 offset fox 36). Wondering if thats too much and if I should start with 150.
    I don't think so. No saddle time yet but that's what I have coming.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    I don't think so. No saddle time yet but that's what I have coming.
    My -1 headset arrived today. Had a bad crash in Malaga, so not riding for a while!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rushracer View Post
    Howís the Recon on the rear working? Pics please!

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanDiv14 View Post
    Whoah! This makes me feel like I'm WAAAAAAAY off. I weigh 185, and I've had to pump my DPX2 UP to around 280psi to get 30% sag.. Am I missing something, or are you running a lot of sag on the bike?

Tx, Jean
    I'm running right at the 30% line on the sag meter. I think you may need to let the air out of your shock and then inflate in 10-20lbs at a time and compress it each increment. Hopefully its that and you don't have a dud.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Where are you putting it?
    In the typical steerer tube location. My frame arrived so I was able to measure to make sure before ordering.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Swapping out the GX crankset (DUB) for an X01 crankset (also DUB).

Never done this before, so bare with me.

Is this a simple swap and play, or do I need to do something to make sure the chain ring is in line at a certain point?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    Swapping out the GX crankset (DUB) for an X01 crankset (also DUB).

Never done this before, so bare with me.

Is this a simple swap and play, or do I need to do something to make sure the chain ring is in line at a certain point?
    Nope. Just remove old cranks, install new cranks. Take a photo of where the chainring is in the chainguide, and you can use that to make sure you've got everything all lined up correctly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Let me be a bit more honest

The bike will come with the GX crank, but will not be put together.
    So I will be installing the X01 crank fresh.

Any how to video on doing this, lining up the CL, etc.?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Let me be a bit more honest

The bike will come with the GX crank, but will not be put together.
    So I will be installing the X01 crank fresh.

Any how to video on doing this, lining up the CL, etc.?
    It's really easy with the SRAM cranks. No spacers required.

1. Pop in the BB
    2. Insert the driveside crank arm
    3. add some grease to the splines
    4. pop on the non-driveside crank arm
    5. Tighten to the correct torque or until it stops, which is pretty tight

That's it. No alignment required.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Kerp, Good advice on the Dub Crank. I'm in the same boat with putting my bike together.

Any advice or tips on installing the Reverb Dropper? I'm a Transfer guy so I've never done worked with these posts and it came all connected to the 1x remote.

*Full disclosure* I'm Hydraulic-ly Inexperienced... While I'd love to do it myself, I won't be ashamed to have my LBS do it if recommended. I already got approval to blame my wife for buying direct. Ha!
    Last edited by Kjcdesignz; 1 Week Ago at 09:25 AM. Reason: Grammer edit

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    How many have gone to a coil on the rear? Strongly considering investing in Push Elevensix. Sounds like it is amazing and would help with a few issues I am having with the Super Delux. I am just having trouble getting a consistent tune out of it. Not trying to turn this thread into air is better than coil (or the other way around). Just want input if anyone has that shock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Rear derailleur hanger - for evils, so you need a tool to make it straight or does the hanger fit on in a way that it is setup straight by default?

Anyone have tips or vids on running the cable(s) in the frame?

Does the fsa headset that comes with the Offering require a press tool?

mtbr member
    Rear derailleur hanger - for evils, so you need a tool to make it straight or does the hanger fit on in a way that it is setup straight by default?

Anyone have tips or vids on running the cable(s) in the frame?

Does the fsa headset that comes with the Offering require a press tool?
    WUT? The headset cups come from Evil pressed in. They are also pressed in dry. The hanger should be straight. No alignment needed. The only cable that is internal is the dropper post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    WUT? The headset cups come from Evil pressed in. They are also pressed in dry. The hanger should be straight. No alignment needed. The only cable that is internal is the dropper post.
    Sorry man, this will be my first build by myself.
    Thought you were supposed to grease the headset before pressing in

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Sorry mman, this will be my first build by myself.
    It's a sealed bearing headset. I did put some grease on the race though.

Dropper cable will slip right through with a tube inside the frame, easy peasy.

mtbr member
    Sorry man, this will be my first build by myself.
    Some do, some don't. Evil does it dry. If you get a creak they recommend popping it out and rotating the cups 45 degrees and pressing them back in. It's that bottom bearing and race that see all the action. A little grease there is good. You can also upgrade the bearings. A Cane Creek Hellbender is a drop-in replacement.

Good luck with your build! I'll be building wheels for mine as soon as I9 Hydras are back in stock.

Learning to jump
    Jun 2015
    It's a sealed bearing headset. I did put some grease on the race though.

Dropper cable will slip right through with a tube inside the frame, easy peasy.
    Reverbs are a pain as you need to feed the remote end of the tube in through the seat post, which means finding some way to guide the end of the hydraulic hose into the routing tube that will feed it into the Dow tube. I used a coat hanger, flashlight and foul language.

2015 Evil Following

Paste eater

Good luck with your build! I'll be building wheels for mine as soon as I9 Hydras are back in stock.
    Currently holding up my build. Have you heard an ETA?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    Reverbs are a pain as you need to feed the remote end of the tube in through the seat post, which means finding some way to guide the end of the hydraulic hose into the routing tube that will feed it into the Dow tube. I used a coat hanger, flashlight and foul language.

Easy way to do this is get a gear cable outer, feed it through from the head tube first, you'll then have the cable outer all the way through the internal routing guide.

Then, remove the dropper remote from the reverb hose.

Then screw in the little red reverb hose to hose connector onto the reverb's exposed end, and the cable outer at the seat tube.

Then pull the cable outer from the head tube, and the hose will follow.

Should take no more than 5 minutes, and easy peasy.

Photo of the reverb connector - you get this in your new reverb pack now, or can buy online.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Currently holding up my build. Have you heard an ETA?
    Early April at QBP although I9 indicated this week. Not sure about BTI. Fanatik seems to have a lot of colors in stock.

aka bOb
    Early April at QBP although I9 indicated this week. Not sure about BTI. Fanatik seems to have a lot of colors in stock.
    My purple ones just shipped a couple of days ago from i9.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    two questions on the rockshox reverb stealth that comes with the bike.

1. Which remote comes with it? When I google this post or look it up on SRAM, I see two different remotes. Is it the pushbutton looking one or the one the one that has a handle looking lever?

2. I will have a size large with the 170mm post. I remember when I demoed it, I did prefer to drop it like half an inch or so from full extension for riding. When it was dropped all the way, it was fine, but the full extension height seemed to be just a tad much.

Is it possible to adjust how high these extend up? If I find the 170mm post to drop just fine, but a little to high at full extension, what is the other option I have besides just adjusting it on the fly with my ass.

wretch
    two questions on the rockshox reverb stealth that comes with the bike.

1. Which remote comes with it? When I google this post or look it up on SRAM, I see two different remotes. Is it the pushbutton looking one or the one the one that has a handle looking lever?

2. I will have a size large with the 170mm post. I remember when I demoed it, I did prefer to drop it like half an inch or so from full extension for riding. When it was dropped all the way, it was fine, but the full extension height seemed to be just a tad much.

Is it possible to adjust how high these extend up? If I find the 170mm post to drop just fine, but a little to high at full extension, what is the other option I have besides just adjusting it on the fly with my ass.
    It sounds like you need to figure out the fit a little more. Is the seat post at maximum insertion? If it's all the way in and at full extension the post is too long ... the post is too long and you need a shorter post (150mm) or perhaps a different post. I do not believe the Reverbs can be shimmed to limit travel.

I imagine all the new reverbs ship with the paddle style shifter - the button style is the older version.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post
    It sounds like you need to figure out the fit a little more. Is the seat post at maximum insertion? If it's all the way in and at full extension the post is too long ... the post is too long and you need a shorter post (150mm) or perhaps a different post. I do not believe the Reverbs can be shimmed to limit travel.

I imagine all the new reverbs ship with the paddle style shifter - the button style is the older version.
    Thanks, that is what I was looking for. The Large was perfect, but I did feel a bit too high in the saddle, so I MIGHT have to drop to a 150. I can't remember if the demo I rode had the post inserted all the way in (thats what she said), so will just have to wait for my bike to get here.

wretch
    Thanks, that is what I was looking for. The Large was perfect, but I did feel a bit too high in the saddle, so I MIGHT have to drop to a 150. I can't remember if the demo I rode had the post inserted all the way in (thats what she said), so will just have to wait for my bike to get here.
    There's a number game you can play for your seat height - well first you need to know what that is - if you have your current bike setup measure from BB to top of saddle center. EVIL has numbers for max seat post insertion for all their sizes and also I think for specific posts. You should be able to run the numbers and see if you can fit a 170mm or need a 150mm, etc. based on the frames max insertion, seat post insertion length, and overall length.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    1. It is the paddle remote which works fine.Name:  RS Remote.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  19.8 KB

2. I've also got a large with the 170mm RS dropper and have no issues at that length. I've even got the post an inch or so above bottom (I'm 6'2 with an inseam just a shade under 36").

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, I ran the calculations for a 175mm Fox Transfer on a large with my 34" inseam. It basically said that I'd need an additional 30mm for it to fit! I would guess that the Bike Yoke 160mm is about as big as you can go. That said, I have never really felt the need for anything longer than 150mm on any bike. Probably not worth the extra weight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Might want to double check. Same inseam looking at a large and my LBS said no to the 175 Fox but yes to the 185 Bike Yoke. Owner is about the same size and inseam and he runs a 185.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Hyperfox. I'm your size (5'8") and got the Medium. It fits awesome and I was shocked to find on the first few rides I was already quicker than on my Transition Patrol (medium). I don't think i would have wanted a small.

In terms of dropper I have a 150mm Oneup and 62mm of post is showing so probably could have got a 170mm. I might switch it out anyway just to get the seat a bit more out of the way

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If you'd like to keep your 170mm Reverb dropper, another option to consider is swapping out the stock hydraulic remote with a Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Sustain cable-actuated lever/conversion kit. You'll lose the stock remote's hydraulic operation, but the WTC setup is around 1.5" shorter than a Reverb Stealth with the Connectamajig connector, which may be enough to fit your frame. And the cost of the WTC may not cost all that much more if you're able to sell your existing RS remote. I ran the ReMote Sustain on a different bike and was very happy with its performance. Just a thought.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    All great suggestions, thanks guys.
    I will update everyone once it gets here

mtbr member
    May 2011
    All great suggestions, thanks guys.
    I will update everyone once it gets here
    You can also fit 170mm cranks, which will give you a 5mm boost.

You can also fit slightly fatter pedals, eg. Raceface Atlas pedals are 13mm, Dmr Valuts are 16mm.

You can fit a lower profile saddle, maybe gain 5-10mm.

With those little changes, you could get as much as 18mm, which may be all you need.

There's no way to shim down a Reverb to a lower height.

I'm 32" inside leg, and have the post about 10mm from fully slammed. With a 175 crank, DMR Vaults, Fabric Line Saddle.

With Atlas pedals, I need to slam the reverb.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I see Evil is out of stock on all blue offerings.
    anyone know when they usually restock (or how long)

aka bOb
    I see Evil is out of stock on all blue offerings.
    anyone know when they usually restock (or how long)
    Shoot them an email, usually pretty quick to respond.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What tune do folk have on their Coil shocks on the Evil? Are you pretty light on the compression?

I've got a M/M Coil SuperDeluxe that I'm having tuned, and wondering what others have. I'm 165lb, so pretty light.

Last edited by kerpoise; 19 Hours Ago at 01:33 AM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516