Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 1243
  1. #1101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    845
    The guide can be removed

  2. #1102
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    The guide can be removed
    Cool, that is good to know but the design limits gearing options due to the massively thick chainstay. I mean look at that thing it's thicker than the down tube. Minimum 30t chainring.

    I feel a frame designed this well should give you at least 28-32.

    Needing those gearing options is another topic. Bottom line, it's a limiting design.

  3. #1103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxFactory View Post
    Cool, that is good to know but the design limits gearing options due to the massively thick chainstay. I mean look at that thing it's thicker than the down tube. Minimum 30t chainring.

    I feel a frame designed this well should give you at least 28-32.

    Needing those gearing options is another topic. Bottom line, it's a limiting design.
    With the eagle cassette I donít think I would go any smaller than a 32 as it would cut back on top end speed at a bike park.

  4. #1104
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    With the eagle cassette I donít think I would go any smaller than a 32 as it would lake on top end speed at a bike park.
    I hear ya, so it's a park only bike?

    It's so easy to change a chainring and that was the beauty of eagle it's just very limiting.

    What other frames are limited to 30t ?

  5. #1105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,217
    Who cares what other frames are limited to 30t, it's the Offering thread? Unless that is 'make or break' for you, you aren't going to ever notice the frame can't to smaller. If it is, move on and find something else out there that works (lots of good bikes these days). Complaining about it on the forum isn't going to change the design and those of us who don't need smaller will never understand and won't see the need. If somebody does agree, what does it matter.

    I agree that the information needs to be out there to help people make a decision but then make it and move on.

  6. #1106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,443
    Sb130 also has a 30t minumum.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  7. #1107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7
    Take that gearing convo somewhere else lol

    Seriously. Can we get some pictures of dudes on their offering with size and rider height info? Iím trying to between offering and sentinel but the offering sizing is messing with my head.

  8. #1108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    26
    Anyone have more time on the Offering with a 160mm fork in the x-low setting? Trying to decide if the Offering will be good for Whistler and Pemberton. The geo looks better than a Wreckoning but I also want a bike that rips the steeps.

  9. #1109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    16

    New Bike Days are the Best Days

    New bike days are always the best days.

    Offering Size Lg
    150 Fox 36 (may try with 160)
    ElevenSix
    35mm stem / 800 bars
    Saint brakes
    XX1
    KS 175 dropper
    Enve 735 w/ CK hubs


    Almost lost it today when I got rear-ended in the snow! Kuat racks are now even more my favorite racks as it absorbed all of the impact preventing any of the 3 bikes on the rack from being struck and damaged. Replacement rack will be another Kuat for sure!

    BTW, I'm 6' and Large is PERFECT!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Evil OFFERING....-img_1231.jpg  

    The Evil OFFERING....-img_1232.jpg  

    The Evil OFFERING....-img_1233.jpg  


  10. #1110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    16
    BTW, I'm 6' and Large is PERFECT!

  11. #1111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpaugh View Post
    New bike days are always the best days.

    Offering Size Lg
    150 Fox 36 (may try with 160)
    ElevenSix
    35mm stem / 800 bars
    Saint brakes
    XX1
    KS 175 dropper
    Enve 735 w/ CK hubs


    Almost lost it today when I got rear-ended in the snow! Kuat racks are now even more my favorite racks as it absorbed all of the impact preventing any of the 3 bikes on the rack from being struck and damaged. Replacement rack will be another Kuat for sure!

    BTW, I'm 6' and Large is PERFECT!!!
    Dude, that is NICE
    Any invisframe or anything like that on it?
    Glad to see another 6 guy liking the large.

  12. #1112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    16
    invisiframe goes on later this week

  13. #1113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpaugh View Post
    invisiframe goes on later this week
    You doing the gloss or matte invisiframe?

  14. #1114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    You doing the gloss or matte invisiframe?
    matte

  15. #1115
    used to be RipRoar
    Reputation: TraxFactory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    Who cares what other frames are limited to 30t, it's the Offering thread? Unless that is 'make or break' for you, you aren't going to ever notice the frame can't to smaller. If it is, move on and find something else out there that works (lots of good bikes these days). Complaining about it on the forum isn't going to change the design and those of us who don't need smaller will never understand and won't see the need. If somebody does agree, what does it matter.

    I agree that the information needs to be out there to help people make a decision but then make it and move on.
    No enema this morning?
    Relax.
    I answered a question.

    @jackdonsui....fake news

  16. #1116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny0_3 View Post
    Some great info here and think it supports my decision to go with a medium (I'm 5'8")

    In New Zealand we can't demo Evil unfortunately, but I did manage to demo a Yeti SB130 Medium which felt great and is very similar geo wise with the Offering with 150MM fork and Xlow. Can''t wait for it to be built

    Attachment 1232186
    I am 5'8, I was on the fence about going with a small for weeks and with a lil input from competitive cyclist I went with the medium and put on a 35mm stem. I am definitely happy.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  17. #1117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpaugh View Post
    invisiframe goes on later this week
    Good luck man - invisiframe took me a good 8 hrs to complete but I am 98 percent satisfied with how it came out - glad I took my time. Just have beer on standby (not too much or your results may vary lol), and about four movies you can play in the background - Old School, Hot Tub Time Machine, etc. - while doing it...

    Oh, and def wash your hands, and be very liberal with the baby shampoo/water spray (on both sides of the sitckers and on the frame itself), and you should be fine. Oh, and clean the frame with tar and bug remover before hand. You will be much happier when there arenít little pieces of whatever caught up under the stickers... clean EVERYTHING- I was very surprised at how much of the frame the invisiframe actually covered.

    Kind of made me glad the trails are snowed out over here - Iím not in a huge rush to get the bike done...

  18. #1118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,443
    U can use a hair dryer to keep the edges down

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  19. #1119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    "Oh, and clean the frame with tar and bug remover before hand."

    Please don't! I'd recommend IPA, as you know it'll be safe with the carbon and the painted finish. I'm sure some tar and bug remover will be fine as its just petrol, but some will have additives that could mar the finish, or damage the carbon.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  20. #1120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    "oh, and clean the frame with tar and bug remover before hand."

    please don't! I'd recommend ipa, as you know it'll be safe with the carbon and the painted finish. I'm sure some tar and bug remover will be fine as its just petrol, but some will have additives that could mar the finish, or damage the carbon.

    Sent from my oneplus a6003 using tapatalk
    ipa?

  21. #1121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    ipa?
    Isopropyl Alcohol.

    Safe on bicycles, and a great degreaser.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  22. #1122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    "Oh, and clean the frame with tar and bug remover before hand."

    Please don't! I'd recommend IPA, as you know it'll be safe with the carbon and the painted finish. I'm sure some tar and bug remover will be fine as its just petrol, but some will have additives that could mar the finish, or damage the carbon.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I was worried about that when I was told to use the tar and bug remover, but I made sure I tested it in an inconspicuous place first (should have said that), and it did not mess with the finish (I even gave it 24-48hrs after testing just to be sure). I also did not use a whole lot of it, and only did a light cleaning because it was a new frame (still needed it, though).

    But... you're absolutely right, use what you know is safe. Make sure to test it if you have any doubts...

  23. #1123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Isopropyl Alcohol.

    Safe on bicycles, and a great degreaser.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Ooooohhhhh, THAT IPA LOL.

  24. #1124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by bxcwolf7 View Post
    Ooooohhhhh, THAT IPA LOL.
    Yep, not this!

    Although, it would probably work.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  25. #1125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,443
    I use IPA to degrease my internals after a greasy burger. Works great.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  26. #1126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by M0riarty11 View Post
    I am 5'8, I was on the fence about going with a small for weeks and with a lil input from competitive cyclist I went with the medium and put on a 35mm stem. I am definitely happy.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    what size dropper you runnin?

  27. #1127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    I use IPA to degrease my internals after a greasy burger. Works great.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Preach

  28. #1128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8
    5.7
    Medium
    35 stem
    Very Happy
    Could only fit a 125 mm dropper



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #1129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by bxcwolf7 View Post
    Ooooohhhhh, THAT IPA LOL.
    LOL! I have to admit, a good IPA did come to mind at first, but I always use Isopropyl Alcohol when I have installed invisiframe in the past. Always with a lot of soap and water.

    Really, 8 hour?!? When I've done frames in the past, usually only takes a few hours. I guess the Evils with their frame angles and all more difficult. Oh well.

    Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Kpaugh; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:03 AM.

  30. #1130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpaugh View Post
    LOL! I have to admit, a good IPA did come to mind at first, but I always use Isopropyl Alcohol when I have installed ivisiframe in the past. Always with a lot of soap and water.

    Really, 8 hour?!? When I've done frames in the past, usually only takes a few hours. I guess the Evils with their frame angles and all more difficult. Oh well.

    Wish me luck!
    Well, it was my first time invisiframing, so.... Gotta admit I was nervous, but those IPA's helped me get started LOL.

    I'm guessing Evil's aren't any harder than other frames - you should be fine! Good luck, man!

  31. #1131
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC Kingsting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    78
    Stunning bike. I went with the camo decals as well and am very happy. Picking mine up this afternoon and will post some photos as soon as I can.

  32. #1132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC Kingsting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    78
    The bike is home and have had her out for her first couple of miles. First impressions are that itís an incredibly composed bike at low speed that will wheelie and bunny hop like my 24Ē bmx cruiser.

    BTW, the suspension is AWESOME. First bike where I will be able to back off air pressure a bit off the max. At 170 lbs Iím at 25% sag. Rode over a 50 yard section of trail with 12 - 24Ē roots and didnít have to do a thing other than pedal. Scary thing is that it handles tight corners better than my 2016 Fuel Ex with a 130 mm fork. The potential of this bike is huge. Only down side is weight, (33 lbs) but I built her with Saint components so I knew that was going to be the case.

    As promised here are some photos of the bike on the trail behind my house. Iím plan to ride a 25 mile race on Saturday and will share what I learn from that afterwards.
    Cheers,
    Jeff

  33. #1133
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC Kingsting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    78

    Listen!

    The Evil OFFERING....-5165e1f5-b02c-4689-8282-0e7d8ff74ef2.jpgThe Evil OFFERING....-5da716cd-1afd-4cc1-8d3a-006a7af0617e.jpg
    The Evil OFFERING....-001157e8-76ce-4013-a99f-cdc919b149c2.jpg

  34. #1134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Kingsting View Post
    The bike is home and have had her out for her first couple of miles. First impressions are that itís an incredibly composed bike at low speed that will wheelie and bunny hop like my 24Ē bmx cruiser.

    BTW, the suspension is AWESOME. First bike where I will be able to back off air pressure a bit off the max. At 170 lbs Iím at 25% sag. Rode over a 50 yard section of trail with 12 - 24Ē roots and didnít have to do a thing other than pedal. Scary thing is that it handles tight corners better than my 2016 Fuel Ex with a 130 mm fork. The potential of this bike is huge. Only down side is weight, (33 lbs) but I built her with Saint components so I knew that was going to be the case.

    As promised here are some photos of the bike on the trail behind my house. Iím plan to ride a 25 mile race on Saturday and will share what I learn from that afterwards.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    Did we ever get your height and size?

  35. #1135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobull1 View Post
    5.7
    Medium
    35 stem
    Very Happy
    Could only fit a 125 mm dropper



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What dropper? After talking with Evil they told me the bike yoke 160 fit on a small frame.
    2019 EVIL Offering

  36. #1136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    83
    Does anyone have experience on the Offering and the Yeti 5.5c? Was just about to pull the trigger on The Offering frame, and then noticed CC has some deeply discounted 5.5s. (Not much more for a complete bike vs. Offering frame only) Iím really intrigued by the geometry on the Offering.

  37. #1137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rondre3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    941
    No experience with Offering, but have owned a Yeti 5.5 since released in 2016. If you don't absolutely need the latest and greatest or have a desire to be on the bleeding edge of geometry standards it is an awesome bike. Pedals great, goes down even better. Of it's time it was, IMO, the best all round 29'er.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  38. #1138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.BG View Post
    Does anyone have experience on the Offering and the Yeti 5.5c? Was just about to pull the trigger on The Offering frame, and then noticed CC has some deeply discounted 5.5s. (Not much more for a complete bike vs. Offering frame only) Iím really intrigued by the geometry on the Offering.
    Depends on what size. They're a bit short compared to today's bikes. E.g. a large with a 19" seat tube is 440mm reach, with a 73 degree seat angle and sub 1200mm wheelbase. That's the same reach as a small Offering.

    That 73 seat angle will be rubbish if you've got long legs.

    We've all been riding bikes too small for us for years and years, and *for me* things have really caught up in the last two years. For me the XL yeti would still be too short for what I like at just under 6'.

    YMMV, but given the choice of an Offering frame or a 2016 Yeti, I'd be going Offering every single day of the week.



    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  39. #1139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.BG View Post
    Does anyone have experience on the Offering and the Yeti 5.5c? Was just about to pull the trigger on The Offering frame, and then noticed CC has some deeply discounted 5.5s. (Not much more for a complete bike vs. Offering frame only) Iím really intrigued by the geometry on the Offering.
    I replaced my 5.5 with an Offering. I'm just shy of 6', and my 5.5 was a large. It felt very cramped when I was standing (almost like my wrists would roll fwd if I hit anything) due to the short reach - ultimately why I got rid of it. I loved the feeling of my large Smuggler with the longer reach.

    The 5.5 is a great bike, and it was definitely fast, but I'm definitely a believer in the new geo and have an Offering in my man cave just waiting for me to finish building her

  40. #1140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by jn24uk View Post
    What dropper? After talking with Evil they told me the bike yoke 160 fit on a small frame.
    Lyne
    I still want to check with the manufacturer
    But that was my Lbs said



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #1141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9
    If interested - Invisiframe is selling XL kits for the Offering now.
    Evil | Following | Wreckoning | Offering

  42. #1142
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97


    Frame protection from AMS (camouflage) is on the way.

    It will take a while to assemble the rest of the parts but I will probably order a 185 bikeyoke (Reverb service is crazy expensive in Switzerland) just to hold it in the stand.

    Next will be some dt Swiss 350 hubs, competition spokes and Ex511/XM481 rims. The parts will cost $450, compared to ~$650 for the complete DT Swiss wheels and XD adapter. I was surprised that I could get the parts for less than a complete wheel. Of course, if you factor in the time, it will be much more, but Iíve done a few rim swaps and I donít mind too much.

    Lyrik 150, raceface Cockpit with Code R brakes. Eagle GX(although I lust for the new xtr).

    Still debating the cranks. SRAM GX dub or RF Turbine. The SRAMs are a bit heavier, but a lot cheaper. Thinking that I would be better off spend money on the cassette as that weight is unsprung.

    Hoping to sell my XL V1 in the spring, but will be sad to see it go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Evil Following

  43. #1143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by bxcwolf7 View Post
    I replaced my 5.5 with an Offering. I'm just shy of 6', and my 5.5 was a large. It felt very cramped when I was standing (almost like my wrists would roll fwd if I hit anything) due to the short reach - ultimately why I got rid of it. I loved the feeling of my large Smuggler with the longer reach.

    The 5.5 is a great bike, and it was definitely fast, but I'm definitely a believer in the new geo and have an Offering in my man cave just waiting for me to finish building her
    Thank you for the input. I ended up putting an order in for an Offering frame last night.

  44. #1144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post


    Frame protection from AMS (camouflage) is on the way.

    It will take a while to assemble the rest of the parts but I will probably order a 185 bikeyoke (Reverb service is crazy expensive in Switzerland) just to hold it in the stand.

    Next will be some dt Swiss 350 hubs, competition spokes and Ex511/XM481 rims. The parts will cost $450, compared to ~$650 for the complete DT Swiss wheels and XD adapter. I was surprised that I could get the parts for less than a complete wheel. Of course, if you factor in the time, it will be much more, but Iíve done a few rim swaps and I donít mind too much.

    Lyrik 150, raceface Cockpit with Code R brakes. Eagle GX(although I lust for the new xtr).

    Still debating the cranks. SRAM GX dub or RF Turbine. The SRAMs are a bit heavier, but a lot cheaper. Thinking that I would be better off spend money on the cassette as that weight is unsprung.

    Hoping to sell my XL V1 in the spring, but will be sad to see it go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a GX Dub crank on the shelf that I pulled from my Trek Stache (carbon 29+ hardtail) and another bike with a Turbine. The turbine is definitely a stiffer crank. I'm not sure how shopping would be, but backcountry.com has Next R cranks on clearance right now. I picked one up for my Offering build. I am a big fan of carbon cranks.

    My Stache came with GX eagle and I swapped it to X0. I did not notice the weight change of the cassette at all. And this is on a 29+ that I have cut down to 25lbs with carbon wheels, crank, etc. The X0 shifts slightly better and the downshift lever is adjustable. I will be pulling the X0 components off, except the shifter, and putting them on the Offering only because it's going to be my best bike, and putting GX back on the Stache (sold everything so I will have to buy it again). There really is little difference between GX and X0.

  45. #1145
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC Kingsting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    Did we ever get your height and size?
    Sorry, 6í1Ē, with a 32Ē inseam. Running a 40mm Thomson stem and it feels great.

  46. #1146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by DR.BG View Post
    Thank you for the input. I ended up putting an order in for an Offering frame last night.
    Great choice. I've had a 5.5 since 2016 and it's the one bike that has always stayed in the stable. Whenever I was going to do something new that scared me, I'd grab it since it was so forgiving.

    After getting used to longer reaches, I took a chance and picked up an Offering frame and swapped the parts from the 55. I figured if I didn't like it I could swap back. I sold the 5.5 frame after one ride on the Offering. With a 160 fork, the Offering gave me all the changes I wished the 55 had without giving up any of the great things I loved about the 55.

  47. #1147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by mrallen View Post
    Great choice. I've had a 5.5 since 2016 and it's the one bike that has always stayed in the stable. Whenever I was going to do something new that scared me, I'd grab it since it was so forgiving.

    After getting used to longer reaches, I took a chance and picked up an Offering frame and swapped the parts from the 55. I figured if I didn't like it I could swap back. I sold the 5.5 frame after one ride on the Offering. With a 160 fork, the Offering gave me all the changes I wished the 55 had without giving up any of the great things I loved about the 55.
    Thanks for the reassurance. I recently sold my yeti 4.5. Great bike, very fast, but wanted a little more travel. How do you feel the Offering pedals with a 160 fork?

  48. #1148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    157
    I put the 160 Fox 36 on it, because that is what I had available from the 55 and I wanted to get a feel for how the bike rode without spending any money. I'm going to swap over to a Pike 150 for the long term because I'm a fan of the feel of the new Debonair.

    To answer your question, the bike pedals great. I'm still working on dialing in the suspension, but I feel like the Offering is a little more supportive than the Calling and the Insurgent, but also not quite as plush. This is with the DPX2, so I can't comment on the Super Deluxe. Climbing very steep sections still required me to bend over my front wheel, but I didn't have to scoot forward on the seat. I expect this will be a little better with the 150 up front too.

    In comparison, I demo'd a Ripmo and that bike has a super efficient suspension and climbed great, but I felt way over the front when seated and not climbing. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. The Offering however felt super familiar as soon as I jumped on it.

  49. #1149
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stupordave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    99
    Riding mine now in xlow and 155mm but I also swapped to a 50mm stem from 40mm. Feels good, better to me than in the 160mm in low. In the low, just got too much of the big bike sensation and felt cornering was a bit off. Probably all mental. Iíve tried everything but 140mm/140mm settings and so far like the 150mm/xlow setup the best. Going to switch to my coiled Fox 36 at 160mm to try that for a while.

  50. #1150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    I've managed to get my reverb hose stuck in the internal routing guide, by pulling out backwards by mistake - so the end that goes into the dropper is jammed in the internal guide.

    I've tried pushing it back out, a lot, with no joy. I've also tried yanking it to break the internal guide - but again no joy.

    Has anyone got any ideas how to get it back out?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  51. #1151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    I've managed to get my reverb hose stuck in the internal routing guide, by pulling out backwards by mistake - so the end that goes into the dropper is jammed in the internal guide.

    I've tried pushing it back out, a lot, with no joy. I've also tried yanking it to break the internal guide - but again no joy.

    Has anyone got any ideas how to get it back out?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Yikes that is not good. Take it to a bike shop - Iím sure youíre not the first person to do this.

    Have you tried using an old gear cable with a loop and twist to grab the end of the cable?

  52. #1152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by richt2000 View Post
    Yikes that is not good. Take it to a bike shop - Iím sure youíre not the first person to do this.

    Have you tried using an old gear cable with a loop and twist to grab the end of the cable?
    Yep, can't get a decent grip. I attached a hacksaw blade to a dowel, and tried to cut the hose, but it's far too loose to get decent purchase.

    I've got some long nose pliers and molegrips on order, I'll see if I can pull it free.

    Only other thing I've thought of is attaching a hooked Stanley knife blade to a flat piece of dowel and slicing the top of the hose.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  53. #1153
    nel
    nel is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Yep, can't get a decent grip. I attached a hacksaw blade to a dowel, and tried to cut the hose, but it's far too loose to get decent purchase.

    I've got some long nose pliers and molegrips on order, I'll see if I can pull it free.

    Only other thing I've thought of is attaching a hooked Stanley knife blade to a flat piece of dowel and slicing the top of the hose.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    How far in is the tube you need to grasp?

  54. #1154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Probably 270mm in total.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  55. #1155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Yep, can't get a decent grip. I attached a hacksaw blade to a dowel, and tried to cut the hose, but it's far too loose to get decent purchase.

    I've got some long nose pliers and molegrips on order, I'll see if I can pull it free.

    Only other thing I've thought of is attaching a hooked Stanley knife blade to a flat piece of dowel and slicing the top of the hose.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I would look into medical kit. No idea how long these are, but they must make shit like this which is a foot long

    https://www.medisave.co.uk/pelican-d...SABEgJ2svD_BwE

  56. #1156
    nel
    nel is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Probably 270mm in total.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    can you see the end of the seat post tubing or can you just see the internal routing hose? You may be able to grasp it with a long pair of straight forceps - you can get 12 inch ones used for removing fishing hooks. There is a 16 inch pair of extra long veterinary forceps on ebay but the only thing I don't know is if you would be able to open the jaws wide enough to grasp the tube as the seat collar will limit how much you can open them by.

  57. #1157
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Yep, I can see the very end of the reverb. About 5mm of it poking out.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  58. #1158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    I've managed to get my reverb hose stuck in the internal routing guide, by pulling out backwards by mistake - so the end that goes into the dropper is jammed in the internal guide.

    I've tried pushing it back out, a lot, with no joy. I've also tried yanking it to break the internal guide - but again no joy.

    Has anyone got any ideas how to get it back out?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Man, that sucks. I don't know if this would work b/c I don't know what the reverb fitting looks like, but I was thinking if you have anything to grab on to on the fitting, maybe try getting a strong tube (like a hard plastic similar to a shift cable housing/brake tube) with an inner diameter big enough to fit two shift cables. Run the cable through the tube, and then bring it back and run it back through the tube until you have a loop on one end and two cable ends on the other. Stick it down the seat tube, wrap your loop around the fitting, and use some vice grips at the top to pull the loop tight around the fitting, and then try pulling it up from there...

  59. #1159
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bxcwolf7 View Post
    Man, that sucks. I don't know if this would work b/c I don't know what the reverb fitting looks like, but I was thinking if you have anything to grab on to on the fitting, maybe try getting a strong tube (like a hard plastic similar to a shift cable housing/brake tube) with an inner diameter big enough to fit two shift cables. Run the cable through the tube, and then bring it back and run it back through the tube until you have a loop on one end and two cable ends on the other. Stick it down the seat tube, wrap your loop around the fitting, and use some vice grips at the top to pull the loop tight around the fitting, and then try pulling it up from there...
    ^Best idea yet.

  60. #1160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23
    Without knowing how the insides are laid out. Would it be possible to pull the bottom bracket out and get access to the bottom of it that way? Or is that the wrong end?

  61. #1161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoman View Post
    Without knowing how the insides are laid out. Would it be possible to pull the bottom bracket out and get access to the bottom of it that way? Or is that the wrong end?
    Nope. The seattube is sealed away from the BB.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  62. #1162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    29
    Currently riding a Hightower LT, am going to sell the frame and get the next Santa Cruz iteration with the lower linkage (a la the Nomad and Bronson). In the meantime I'm looking for a second bike. I rode a '17 Enduro 29 for awhile prior to the Hightower, and before that had a 26" Nomad and a 27.5 Reign. Was originally looking at the Sentinel, but then the sb130 and The Offering came along. I also demoed the sb5.5 and Rallon a few times. I am really looking forward to trying the Offering and am already leaning heavily towards it. The Sentinel and the sb150 just seem a little overkill for me, and the sb130 issues and cost are hard to ignore, while the Rallon reminded me too much of the Enduro, which was just not that fun to ride compared to the Hightower. Although honestly all these bikes are way capable beyond my abilities. The feedback here is very much appreciated!

  63. #1163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post


    Frame protection from AMS (camouflage) is on the way.

    It will take a while to assemble the rest of the parts but I will probably order a 185 bikeyoke (Reverb service is crazy expensive in Switzerland) just to hold it in the stand.

    Next will be some dt Swiss 350 hubs, competition spokes and Ex511/XM481 rims. The parts will cost $450, compared to ~$650 for the complete DT Swiss wheels and XD adapter. I was surprised that I could get the parts for less than a complete wheel. Of course, if you factor in the time, it will be much more, but Iíve done a few rim swaps and I donít mind too much.

    Lyrik 150, raceface Cockpit with Code R brakes. Eagle GX(although I lust for the new xtr).

    Still debating the cranks. SRAM GX dub or RF Turbine. The SRAMs are a bit heavier, but a lot cheaper. Thinking that I would be better off spend money on the cassette as that weight is unsprung.

    Hoping to sell my XL V1 in the spring, but will be sad to see it go.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds very similar to the Offering build i'm looking at. I'm a big fan of the EX511 on my Patrol, planning on going Red Lyrik The GX seems like a very good deal, don't think I will wait for XTR and can't justify the XX1, incredibly expensive for consumables parts, especially in NZ as SRAM block CRC, bikediscount etc exporting.

    I went with a OneUp dropper and Hope E4 brakes

  64. #1164
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny0_3 View Post
    going Red Lyrik
    Might go nicely with the rims. Will you go with Blue or black frame?

    I was thinking of trying to remove the rim decals to get rid of the red, but putting the red Lyrik on it might tie it all together.

    Disclaimer: I am terrible with colors. My wife and daughter just shake their head when I put on my riding or skiing gear. The problem is that I like colors, i just canít pick the right ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Evil Following

  65. #1165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    Might go nicely with the rims. Will you go with Blue or black frame?

    I was thinking of trying to remove the rim decals to get rid of the red, but putting the red Lyrik on it might tie it all together.

    Disclaimer: I am terrible with colors. My wife and daughter just shake their head when I put on my riding or skiing gear. The problem is that I like colors, i just canít pick the right ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  66. #1166
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobull1 View Post




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Evil Following

  67. #1167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SikeMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    430
    When trying to sort out colors, I just consult the color wheel. Just look for a color opposite the frame color and that's your standard match, which is why orange looks so good with blue. A bit boring, but it works.

  68. #1168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by SikeMo View Post
    When trying to sort out colors, I just consult the color wheel. Just look for a color opposite the frame color and that's your standard match, which is why orange looks so good with blue. A bit boring, but it works.
    Yep, I totally agree

    Some of my baby blue and orange after a razz.

    The Burgtec orange, iron bro, is the same as the hope orange. Ideal.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  69. #1169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Chamfered some dowel, drifted and superglued it into the end of a connectamajig nut that I took from a broken reverb and cut in half, drilled out the dowel inside with a 6.5, and then screwed it into the barb in the frame. #winning

    Managed to use a 35tpi blade to saw a decent cut into the internal hose, so it just snapped clean.

    I'm going to frame the wee tool that I made. That was tough to fix.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  70. #1170
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Chamfered some dowel, drifted and superglued it into the end of a connectamajig nut that I took from a broken reverb and cut in half, drilled out the dowel inside with a 6.5, and then screwed it into the barb in the frame.
    You win the Mcgyver award. Itís great that you could fix it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Evil Following

  71. #1171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AaronJobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    845
    The Evil OFFERING....-02af34fb-9b4b-48f8-a21c-c05c5007113a.jpgThe Evil OFFERING....-03d08d03-9128-4791-b29c-a0d9cc343372.jpgThe Evil OFFERING....-69a388ed-884a-460a-b1c2-2b9f49663888.jpg

    Offering build is complete.. for now.. I also picked up this Rocky Mountain Suzi Q.

  72. #1172
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97

    Color Wheel results

    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Yep, I totally agree

    Some of my baby blue and orange after a razz.

    The Burgtec orange, iron bro, is the same as the hope orange. Ideal.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

    I tried the color wheel and here are the results:

    https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/

    The Evil OFFERING....-capture_1.jpg

    Seems like you guys are spot on. So finally, the Lyrik in red is a no-go. Maybe some orange pedals, grips and fork decals?
    2015 Evil Following

  73. #1173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    I tried the color wheel and here are the results:

    https://www.sessions.edu/color-calculator/

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_1.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	1233238

    Seems like you guys are spot on. So finally, the Lyrik in red is a no-go. Maybe some orange pedals, grips and fork decals?
    I don't really like coloured grips, as they end up brown. Black grips with orange collars would work though!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  74. #1174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post

    Seems like you guys are spot on. So finally, the Lyrik in red is a no-go. Maybe some orange pedals, grips and fork decals?
    I reckon the red lyrik works https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountai...-the-offering/

  75. #1175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    Seems like you guys are spot on. So finally, the Lyrik in red is a no-go. Maybe some orange pedals, grips and fork decals?

    Why a no go? It's in stock at various online retailers. 160 anyway which can easily be lowered to 150mm with a $40 air shaft.

  76. #1176
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Why a no go? It's in stock at various online retailers. 160 anyway which can easily be lowered to 150mm with a $40 air shaft.
    It was purely on the color wheel theory. There was a link posted just after with the blue frame and red fork combo that was looking fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Evil Following

  77. #1177
    mtbr member
    Reputation: railntrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    368
    Has anyone built up a offering with 27.5 plus tires as opposed to 29s ?
    Iím really interested in going that route, any input from someone who has built one would be appreciated


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  78. #1178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC Kingsting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Kingsting View Post
    The bike is home and have had her out for her first couple of miles. First impressions are that itís an incredibly composed bike at low speed that will wheelie and bunny hop like my 24Ē bmx cruiser.

    BTW, the suspension is AWESOME. First bike where I will be able to back off air pressure a bit off the max. At 170 lbs Iím at 25% sag. Rode over a 50 yard section of trail with 12 - 24Ē roots and didnít have to do a thing other than pedal. Scary thing is that it handles tight corners better than my 2016 Fuel Ex with a 130 mm fork. The potential of this bike is huge. Only down side is weight, (33 lbs) but I built her with Saint components so I knew that was going to be the case.

    As promised here are some photos of the bike on the trail behind my house. Iím plan to ride a 25 mile race on Saturday and will share what I learn from that afterwards.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    Well I got the first real ride on the bike yesterday. 23 Miles of mud, leaves and rocks. Trail ridden was the US National White Water Center which consists of lots of repetitive short punchy climbs and drops, several nice 3í rock drops, and more roots than you would ever want to count. Really enjoyed the ride and the bike rode just perfect in the low setting. For this type of US East Coast trail I donít see changing to the 150 fork / x-tra low settings but Iím looking forward to a business trip to Portland, OR in late spring to give that a try. While the bike did all the things the reviews have said, I think my favorite unanticipated benefit was how comfortable the ride was. The steeper seat tube allowed me to set the bike up with a more upright riding position which took a lot of the pressure off my hands and wrists. I degloved my left hand bmx racing a few years ago so this is typically the limiting factor for distance rides in my world. Think this is going to open up some longer back country rides that I have been wanting to do so itís really good news for me. Overall I love the bike and find that itís very confidence inspiring.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    6í 1Ē with 32Ē cycling inseam - size large frame
    Last edited by NC Kingsting; 3 Days Ago at 02:37 PM.

  79. #1179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Kingsting View Post
    Well I got the first real ride on the bike yesterday. 23 Miles of mud, leaves and rocks. Trail ridden was the US National White Water Center which consists of lots of repetitive short punchy climbs and drops, several nice 3í rock drops, and more roots than you would ever want to count. Really enjoyed the ride and the bike rode just perfect in the low setting. For this type of US East Coast trail I donít see changing to the 150 fork / x-tra low settings but Iím looking forward to a business trip to Portland, OR in late spring to give that a try. While the bike did all the things the reviews have said, I think my favorite unanticipated benefit was how comfortable the ride was. The steeper seat tube allowed me to set the bike up with a more upright riding position which took a lot of the pressure off my hands and wrists. I degloved my right hand bmx racing a few years ago so this is typically the limiting factor for distance rides in my world. Think this is going to open up some longer back country rides that I have been wanting to do so itís really good news for me. Overall I love the bike and find that itís very confidence inspiring.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    6í 1Ē with 32Ē cycling inseam - size large frame
    Are you riding in the High setting with a 150mm fork? This bike has now been put on my short list. I ride East Coast. PA to WNC and a 29er, sub 17" chainstays and 13.5" BB

  80. #1180
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    It was purely on the color wheel theory. There was a link posted just after with the blue frame and red fork combo that was looking fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotcha. I like the looks of the boxer red with the blue. My frame is on order but I might go with silver as an accent color. Half the fun is building up a new bike right? Who cares how it rides. No, not really but might as well have some fun with it for the cheddar that's being eaten.

  81. #1181
    Learning to jump
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    97

    With the red Lyrik

    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Gotcha. I like the looks of the boxer red with the blue. My frame is on order but I might go with silver as an accent color. Half the fun is building up a new bike right? Who cares how it rides. No, not really but might as well have some fun with it for the cheddar that's being eaten.
    I used Fanatik's bike builder app to see what the Red Lyrik would look like.

    The Evil OFFERING....-red_lyrik.jpg
    2015 Evil Following

  82. #1182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SikeMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    I used Fanatik's bike builder app to see what the Red Lyrik would look like.
    Looks pretty sweet. I did the same with the bike builder before I built mine. Not saying that you have to use the color wheel, but if you're lost for ideas, it's a good place to start.

  83. #1183
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by CHsurfer View Post
    I used Fanatik's bike builder app to see what the Red Lyrik would look like.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red_lyrik.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	1233304
    Will Ritchie from bike mag built his blue offering with a red Lyrik. Itís on their website if you wanna see real photos.

  84. #1184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NC Kingsting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus75 View Post
    Are you riding in the High setting with a 150mm fork? This bike has now been put on my short list. I ride East Coast. PA to WNC and a 29er, sub 17" chainstays and 13.5" BB
    No Iím riding it with a DVO Diamond at 140 in the low setting. Itís more than stable enough in that configuration in my opinion. In fact, the first day I had it I was riding over everything I could find with a big grin on my face. While I really like the stability you get with a low bottom bracket I donít feel like I need to go any lower for trails around here and the likelihood of pedal strikes would go way up. Think the xtra low / 150 fork would be the ticket for fast, steep flow trails or jump lines where the incremental stability would pay off. You might want to check out the article in Enduro MTB Magazine referenced earlier in this thread as they do a better job of describing this than I am doing. Generally speaking this is a great bike for east and west coast US trails based on how you set it up.

  85. #1185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Kingsting View Post
    No Iím riding it with a DVO Diamond at 140 in the low setting. Itís more than stable enough in that configuration in my opinion. In fact, the first day I had it I was riding over everything I could find with a big grin on my face. While I really like the stability you get with a low bottom bracket I donít feel like I need to go any lower for trails around here and the likelihood of pedal strikes would go way up. Think the xtra low / 150 fork would be the ticket for fast, steep flow trails or jump lines where the incremental stability would pay off. You might want to check out the article in Enduro MTB Magazine referenced earlier in this thread as they do a better job of describing this than I am doing. Generally speaking this is a great bike for east and west coast US trails based on how you set it up.
    Thanks for the reply. My home trails are slower so a higher BB is preferable. And could drop it for faster trails. Thanks for your feed back. I read the reviews but i like first hand experience from someone who paid for the bike.

  86. #1186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    40
    Any idea if the new Fox 175mm dropper will fit on a medium for a person with long legs (for that size frame) 33.5" inseam?

  87. #1187
    Salida, CO
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by mts595 View Post
    Any idea if the new Fox 175mm dropper will fit on a medium for a person with long legs (for that size frame) 33.5" inseam?
    I talked to Fanatik about this today and they said it would be cutting it close on the large I ordered. I'm a 34" inseam. They pointed me to the Revive 185

  88. #1188
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    351
    After a couple of months on this bad boy I'm noticing some creaking when standing up and pedaling. Any tips on the evils where the creaks usually are found?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  89. #1189
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Fitzgerald View Post
    After a couple of months on this bad boy I'm noticing some creaking when standing up and pedaling. Any tips on the evils where the creaks usually are found?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Hi
    Ditto
    Mine was creaking at the stem
    Some carbon grit paste on stem and bolts
    Problm solved
    Renthal fatbars should be tightened/torq at the bottom first I see
    I Don't know it that is crucial



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  90. #1190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobull1 View Post
    Hi
    Ditto
    Mine was creaking at the stem
    Some carbon grit paste on stem and bolts
    Problm solved
    Renthal fatbars should be tightened/torq at the bottom first I see
    I Don't know it that is crucial



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carbon grit paste?

  91. #1191
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,639
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    carbon grit paste?
    Fiber Grip-carbon fiber assembly gel. Good for where you don't want to over torque things like bars and dropper posts.

  92. #1192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    Usually called Carbon Assembly Paste... Like this from Park.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  93. #1193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Fitzgerald View Post
    After a couple of months on this bad boy I'm noticing some creaking when standing up and pedaling. Any tips on the evils where the creaks usually are found?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Bottom shock bolt (use grease!) or the chain guide.

  94. #1194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Fitzgerald View Post
    After a couple of months on this bad boy I'm noticing some creaking when standing up and pedaling. Any tips on the evils where the creaks usually are found?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    There's quite a bit of pedal kick-back on Evils. I've had issues with derailleur clutches making noise on all of my Evils. Mostly when mashing on the suspension.

  95. #1195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by PaullyD View Post
    There's quite a bit of pedal kick-back on Evils. I've had issues with derailleur clutches making noise on all of my Evils. Mostly when mashing on the suspension.
    I'm currently on my 3rd Evil and have not experienced this.

  96. #1196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21
    Almost all the parts
    invisiframe installed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Evil OFFERING....-f786d629-b305-4f35-ad8d-2d6c9c1104c4.jpg  


  97. #1197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperfox114 View Post
    Almost all the parts
    invisiframe installed
    Nice

    Size and height?

  98. #1198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104
    I've gone to a 50mm stem, on my 51mm offset Lyrik at 150mm.

    With 35mm stem, with 780mm bars, 9 backsweep felt very twitchy. I think the 35mm stem would be fine with a lower offset fork, but it just felt washy and like it wanted to tuck all the time.

    Anyone else gone 50mm on their 51mm offset fork?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  99. #1199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    21
    Size small frame. Iím 5í8
    Last edited by hyperfox114; 3 Days Ago at 04:22 PM.

  100. #1200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stupordave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    I've gone to a 50mm stem, on my 51mm offset Lyrik at 150mm.

    With 35mm stem, with 780mm bars, 9 backsweep felt very twitchy. I think the 35mm stem would be fine with a lower offset fork, but it just felt washy and like it wanted to tuck all the time.

    Anyone else gone 50mm on their 51mm offset fork?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Yep. Switched from 40mm to 50mm just to get a bit more weight on the front running in extra low.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Stolen Evil Bikes - Need Evil Nation Help
    By GFreak in forum Evil Bikes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-26-2018, 07:45 PM
  2. Evil D.O.C vs Evil Sovereign
    By woodc in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
  3. contours latest offering
    By delirian in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 04:41 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1127

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.