The Evil OFFERING.... - Page 11- Mtbr.com
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 2,001 to 2,032 of 2032
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Too many posts to read them all. Anyone rode both the Stumpjumper 29 and the Offering mind sharing their impression of both? On paper the Small Offering is closest to the medium SJ.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    It's a complicated picture.

The reach on the small Offering is similar to the large Stumpy.

However, the ETT is a bit way shorter than the large Stumpy.

So - it'll feel much longer stood up, and a bit shorter seated.

The ETT is a bit shorter on the small Offering, than the medium Stumpy. But the reach is way bigger.

All the other numbers are pretty different. Which means, if you're worried - get a test ride.

Evil's height recommendations are OK, but if you're within a couple of inches at the top end, I'd size up. E.g. 5'10 I'd be going large.

On paper, it would be easy to say a medium Stumpy should climb worse with the slack seat angle, be less stable with the shorter wheelbase and reach figures, and even be a little less nimble in the corners with the longer chainstays.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by rossp View Post
    This may be little use but who knows..... I ride a med Offering (Iím 5í9Ē), and have compared to a 2017(?) Stumpy and my friendís new Stumpy (med). havenít ridden the new Stumpy on a trail, but size wise itís still a bit shorter than the Offering. And now I re-read that, yeah itís not very useful. The Offering is longer than the Stumpy - but I guess you knew that LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok, and about they ride?

Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

aka bOb
    Ok, and about they ride?

There is a dood that just made the switch from a SJ to an Offering and for the life of me I can't remember who

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    There is a dood that just made the switch from a SJ to an Offering and for the life of me I can't remember who
    Looks like maybe punisher911 was the most recent. Went from M SJ to S Offering.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ok, and about they ride?

I would PM punisher911, looks like the most recent convert per a search of this thread

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by rccp View Post
    I would PM punisher911, looks like the most recent convert per a search of this thread
    Thanks will do

Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Just picked up an Offering frame and stoked to build it up! Hopefully will have it built and ready to rip by this weekend.

Evil Offering - My Boy Blue - M (5'9")
    Fox DPX2
    Rockshox Lyrik RC2 - 160mm (will probably get a 150 airspring at some point)
    i9 Enduro S wheelset w/ 101 hubs
    Maxxis DHF 2.5" WT 3C/EXO/MT
    Maxxis DHR II 2.4" WT EXO/DC
    Shimano SLX 12spd groupo w/ XT shifter
    Shimano SLX 4-pot brakes
    Oneup V2 150mm dropper w/ PNW Loam lever
    Revin E35 Carbon bars - 15mm rise
    Stem - tbd (testing between 35mm and 50mm)
    Ergon SM Sport saddle
    DMR Deathgrip - flanged

mtbr member
    Has anyone switched from an og Hightower to an offering? I enjoy the Hightower but want just a bit more travel for the park day here and there. I also donít want to struggle pedaling on the flatter XC style trails. I was thinking a dpx2 and a 160 fox 36 with some carbon hoops might get me in the ballpark?
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower C
    2017 Specialized Epic Hardtail
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan366 View Post
    Has anyone switched from an og Hightower to an offering? I enjoy the Hightower but want just a bit more travel for the park day here and there. I also donít want to struggle pedaling on the flatter XC style trails. I was thinking a dpx2 and a 160 fox 36 with some carbon hoops might get me in the ballpark?
    This is the exact setup my mate just switched from and to.

mtbr member
    Is he happy with the move??
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Is he happy with the move??
    It's a complicated picture!

There are six of us friends that moved to Offerings in the last 12 months. Five love them. Two saying they're the best bikes they've ridden.

The only one on the fence, is my mate who came from the Hightower.

He's finding it hard to pinpoint what it is I think, he's used to riding shorter bikes, and went from a large Hightower to a large Offering - which is a big step-up in reach.

What do you like about the Hightower, and what do you want the Offering to be better at?

mtbr member
    I enjoy how the Hightower pedals. It is a pretty firm platform and it isnít a ton of bike to lug around. That being said I do wish I had a bit more bike when I go to the bike park or see a bigger drop on the trails. I am a big guy 6í3 260lbs and I can use up all the travel if Iím not paying attention.
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I enjoy how the Hightower pedals. It is a pretty firm platform and it isnít a ton of bike to lug around. That being said I do wish I had a bit more bike when I go to the bike park or see a bigger drop on the trails. I am a big guy 6í3 260lbs and I can use up all the travel if Iím not paying attention.
    The Offering isn't a heavy frame. The seat angle is very good for getting your weight over the BB. It's not like an XC bike, but it's a pretty decent climber for a 160/140 bike.

The delta link is pretty amazing for climbing over difficult trails, it just glues the bike to the ground if you leave it open.

The frame is also very progressive, so works brilliantly for heavier riders - which is why so many run a coil shock on their, as it doesn't need the progression on the air spring to hold it up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    My buddy went from a Hightower to a Yeti SB55 to an Offering. He was just telling me how much happier he is with the Offering. Evil kind of nailed the Offering in a lot of ways. It can be built as a pure trail bike up to a pretty capable Park bike or something in between. The Delta suspension is pretty amazing as kerpoise has said. It has great small bump and traction, but ramps up so well that you don't even feel the bottom.

The frame is also bullet proof. in other words, it's a great option for a heavier rider wanting something more capable than the original Hightower. I would say that you're probably a size smaller on the Evil than the SC. Evil's size guidelines are pretty good.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mrallen View Post
    The Delta suspension is pretty amazing as kerpoise has said. It has great small bump and traction, but ramps up so well that you don't even feel the bottom.
    I will second that... I know I've bottomed my Small Offering (videos and sag ring evidence), but I have never felt it. I'm 5'7" and 210lbs. My previous bike, (yes I'm the one who sold his Medium 2019 alloy Stumpjumper) I bottomed often and immediately knew each and every time I did. Add in the fact that the Offering easily outpedals the SJ too. Huge difference in climbing ability. I can even stand to pedal the Offering without spinning the rear, as opposed to previous said bikes ability to unload the rear and instantly break free if I attempted to stand while climbing. Not that the SJ was all bad. It just wasn't for me and how I wanted to ride, but on steep technical descents it was amazing. Super plush and the tires just stuck to the ground like glue. It never wanted to leave the earth.

mtbr member
    I did some reading an can't find an answer about size XL dropper insertion. Can you fit a 175mm fox transfer slammed? or should I got oneup 180 and adjust the travel down if needed.
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

wretch
    I did some reading an can't find an answer about size XL dropper insertion. Can you fit a 175mm fox transfer slammed? or should I got oneup 180 and adjust the travel down if needed.
    The XL has 250mm of available insertion you should be able to plug that number in with the dimensions of the Transfer and your saddle height to see if it fits.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What kind of cockpit setup is everyone running on their Offering?

I'm on a large, with a -1 angleset and a 160 fork in x-low. Which is the same geometry as a 150 fork in x-low.

I've got a 20mm rise 800mm Raceface Next R, on a Hope 50mm stem. Running 20mm of spacers under the stem.

mtbr member
    35mm rise Renthalís cut down to 785mm, 40mm Next R stem with 15mm spacers. 150mm 36 in xlow. Feels about perfect but have considered an angle set and bumping travel back to 160mm. 5í11Ē on a medium.

Weapon of Choice
    20mm rise race face carbon bar, 800 mmm wide, 35 mm Easton stem, 15 mm spacer. 160mm Dvo diamond fork 51mm offset in xtra low setting using a -1 degree works angleset. 5'10" on a medium

Super Unknown

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    15mm rise Revin E35 carbon bars, cut to 760mm. 35mm OneUp stem, no spacers (I like a lower front end). 160mm Lyrik w/ 51mm offset, standard headset, low setting. 5'9" on a medium. Took it on the maiden voyage yesterday and it felt amazing. Quicker then expected, poppy, playful, stable hitting jumps, pretty much everything I was looking for in a bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    What kind of cockpit setup is everyone running on their Offering?

I'm on a large, with a -1 angleset and a 160 fork in x-low. Which is the same geometry as a 150 fork in x-low.

I've got a 20mm rise 800mm Raceface Next R, on a Hope 50mm stem. Running 20mm of spacers under the stem.
    Just to add, I'm 5'11.5 / 180cm. 32" leg.

mtbr member
    Well this group is a bad influence. After browsing all the glowing reports I finally pulled the trigger on a Push 11:6 for my Offering with their sale yesterday. Now the wait ....

Is it here yet?

banned
    Oct 2019
    EVIL is an interesting name for MTB brand. If they had XC HTs, I would have been tempted by the dark side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hisforever
    M Offering 5'10 32"
    800mm renthals / 35mm stem
    great ride.
    trying 29/27.5 now, too much ass brapage on the downs with 29 rear. Basically felt 29/27.5 combo in xlow chip- didnt climb as well in geo wise, some pedal strikes(too low), ripped down.
    just flipped chip to 'low'..... we will see
    150mm fork

PipedreamMoxie
    M 5.5
    Yeti
    Evil
    Yz 250x braap

mtbr member
    Finally pulled the trigger through Fanatik. XL, DPX2, Fox Factory 160mm grip 2, 180mm one up dropper, XO1 with GX cassette, Turbine Cranks, absolute black gold 32t, Shimano XT8120 brakes, Gold i9 Hydra hubs laces to Flow MK3s, DHF/DHR WTs, Renthal stem and 35mm carbon bars. Gold decals. Pumped.
    Last edited by Trojan366; 1 Week Ago at 09:22 PM.
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'll chime in on cockpit setup.

I'm 5'10.5" on a medium in x-low with 150mm fork. Chromag BZA bars at 800mm wide and 35mm rise; Chroma BZA stem at 50mm; and 15mm of spacers. I find that the overall length is perfect for aggressive riding. I feel very balanced on the bike in all situations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
    I'll chime in on cockpit setup.

I'm 5'10.5" on a medium in x-low with 150mm fork. Chromag BZA bars at 800mm wide and 35mm rise; Chroma BZA stem at 50mm; and 15mm of spacers. I find that the overall length is perfect for aggressive riding. I feel very balanced on the bike in all situations.
    I am very close to this^^^. 5'11" on a medium in LOW with 150mm Lyrik. 780 bars with 35mm rise; Enve 55mm stem and 13mm of spacers.

I need to try X-LOW again but moved it back to LOW for the enduro races I did this year. Too paranoid of pedal strikes and not as worried about cornering. I find the bike to handle quite well and is very balanced with a 150mm fork in LOW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I am very close to this^^^. 5'11" on a medium in LOW with 150mm Lyrik. 780 bars with 35mm rise; Enve 55mm stem and 13mm of spacers.

I need to try X-LOW again but moved it back to LOW for the enduro races I did this year. Too paranoid of pedal strikes and not as worried about cornering. I find the bike to handle quite well and is very balanced with a 150mm fork in LOW.
    Likewise. 5'9" on a Medium, with 780mm Renthal zero rise bars, 50mm stem and 150mm Pike, and Low. Feels very balanced (started with 140mm) - first ride on the Push 11:6 today and wow - really looking forward to riding that more without freaking leaves everywhere!!!

mtbr member
    I'm 6'3. Opted for the XL with a Fox 160. 33mm stem. 800 wide 20mm rise bars. Starting with a 25mm spacers under the stem. Figured this was a good starting point. Will report back.
    2018 Chromag Rootdown

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyval View Post
    These work great for the rub.
    https://jagwire.com/files/product/CHA108.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anyone have any luck finding a source for these in the US? Iíve tracked down some Taiwan based sources on eBay but would be nice to have some quicker so I can ditch the ugly zip ties I have keeping the cables off my Push shock....

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm 6'3. Opted for the XL with a Fox 160. 33mm stem. 800 wide 20mm rise bars. Starting with a 25mm spacers under the stem. Figured this was a good starting point. Will report back.
    I'm same height. Running a Fox 150mm, Deity 800mm 25 rise bars, Nukeproof 35mm stem with 5 degree rise. Feels a little off. Going to go with the same stem only in 50mm and try that.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011