The Evil OFFERING.... - Page 10- Mtbr.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 1,801 to 1,870 of 1870
    mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    i'm 5'8" and have a medium and beat most of my PB's in the first month or two over my Transition Patrol. I had no opportunity to demo in NZ but did demo a yeti SB130 Medium which is almost the same geometry so was reasonably confident the medium was the correct size.

However I'm really not sure I would want to be any shorter

I Had a OneUp 150mm dropper in but found when it was fully compressed that it was still getting in my way on jumps/drops so I switched to a OneUp 170mm which just about works for me but if I move it even slightly lower in the seat tube the cable must be squashed as the dropper doesn't hold at full height. Note also my mechanic observed a different design in the seat rube between my medium and a later build small it is unclear if this was a difference between small and medium or older frames and newer frames.

Also I've been toying with the idea of cutting the bars down from 780 to 760

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I was looking at the Insurgent originally, as I do like the 27.5 tires. Have yet to try a 29 bike. However, the Offering appears to be a better all around bike and supposedly a better climber than the Insurgent. Here in SE Michigan, we have mostly short punchy climbs, followed by similar downs with a few trails offering some decent flow. I am planning on some park trips though. (Boyne, Blue Mountain, maybe even 7 Springs and Windrock). I'm not a huge "hucker", but I do like to pop off things and drop to flat from 2-3 probably too much. lol No stair case is safe with me around as I love a good urban assault. If it matters, I'm a tad under 5'7"....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Ok, in 5 rides I've already got 3 PRs in my neck of the woods including a top 3 and a top 7 in a town loaded with pro riders. Not bad and I'm a young 57. On trails I've been riding for nearly 4 decades. So, bike is fast and fun for sure and exactly what I was looking for in a medium travel 29r. 11-6 is amazingly grounded and the Push HC97 the ticket at high speed.

Only downside is my feet hurt and go numb. I'm going to try moving my cleats back more underfoot but it's a buzzkill. Not sure what else to do except find a shoe with a stiffer sole or go back to Sidis? Or try flats. Current clogs are Giro Terraduras. Heavy but good for HAB.
    Certainly cleat position have a big impact on foot comfort. Have you tried any new insoles by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny0_3 View Post
    i'm 5'8" and have a medium and beat most of my PB's in the first month or two over my Transition Patrol. I had no opportunity to demo in NZ but did demo a yeti SB130 Medium which is almost the same geometry so was reasonably confident the medium was the correct size.

However I'm really not sure I would want to be any shorter

I Had a OneUp 150mm dropper in but found when it was fully compressed that it was still getting in my way on jumps/drops so I switched to a OneUp 170mm which just about works for me but if I move it even slightly lower in the seat tube the cable must be squashed as the dropper doesn't hold at full height. Note also my mechanic observed a different design in the seat rube between my medium and a later build small it is unclear if this was a difference between small and medium or older frames and newer frames.
    I've had a few people tell me that the One up dropper and the way the outer housing is used to activate it doesn't play well with the Offering with the internal routing tube. Now One up came out with the v2 that has a different add on actuator for Santa Cruz bikes that I believe would work on the Offering?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideon View Post
    Certainly cleat position have a big impact on foot comfort. Have you tried any new insoles by chance?

That's my next step. Replace the packed out Superfeet and maybe move the cleats toward the heel and more underfoot. Maybe more arch support will also help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Anyone do a spring upgrade on the 140mm Pike to make it a 150mm? Seems like that is a pretty reasonable upgrade that is not too expensive. Plus now Evil is only selling the bike with 150mm and higher...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Ok, in 5 rides I've already got 3 PRs in my neck of the woods including a top 3 and a top 7 in a town loaded with pro riders. Not bad and I'm a young 57. On trails I've been riding for nearly 4 decades. So, bike is fast and fun for sure and exactly what I was looking for in a medium travel 29r. 11-6 is amazingly grounded and the Push HC97 the ticket at high speed.

Only downside is my feet hurt and go numb. I'm going to try moving my cleats back more underfoot but it's a buzzkill. Not sure what else to do except find a shoe with a stiffer sole or go back to Sidis? Or try flats. Current clogs are Giro Terraduras. Heavy but good for HAB.
    Howís the Offering handle the tech and climbing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideon View Post
    Howís the Offering handle the tech and climbing?
    Well, it's kinda odd. No problem with repeated hits on the down and I don't notice much brake jake or other downsides, It accelerates out of turns and is lively and responsive. Tons of fun. It's while climbing technical trails that it's hanging up on successive hits and I'll stall out unless I've really got the hammer down. I'm running an 11-6 and haven't played with the settings so might start fiddling with that. In short, it's not that efficient a climber but I'm also used to dw link bikes.

aka bOb
    I was having a few issues on technical trails and square edge hits running a dpx2 with suggested settings from Evil. Hooked up a Shockwiz which had me run a little higher psi, low speed compression wide open, and rebound quit a bit faster and now it seems a lot better on the ups and downs. Before the change it almost felt like I was getting too deep into the travel on square edged hits and not coming out of it fast enough so I suppose the changes made sense.

mtbr member
    Has anyone not been completely won over by the 11-6 and went back to air?

mtbr member
    I find the 11.6 much more supple, controlled in the chunk and even believe it climbs better when the valves are set-up right...but I had trouble adjusting to the lack of pop that I was used to from air shocks. I am running really light rebound (4 clicks from open) and itís dialed for me but it took some time to adjust how I launched and pumped terrain. Now that Iíve adjusted, Iím again hooked on coils.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupordave View Post
    I find the 11.6 much more supple, controlled in the chunk and even believe it climbs better when the valves are set-up right...but I had trouble adjusting to the lack of pop that I was used to from air shocks. I am running really light rebound (4 clicks from open) and itís dialed for me but it took some time to adjust how I launched and pumped terrain. Now that Iíve adjusted, Iím again hooked on coils.
    Thanks for the feed back! So it didnít come dialed from Push the way you wanted it? Mind sharing the settings how it showed up vs what you have settle on?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfurn View Post
    Thanks for the feed back! So it didnít come dialed from Push the way you wanted it? Mind sharing the settings how it showed up vs what you have settle on?
    Came set pretty close for 200lb. DH settings were lsc 12, hsc 14 and climb lsc 2, hsc 10. Added .5 turn of preload, 1 click more of lsc (11) and hsc (13) for DH and running about half the rebound damping.
    Last edited by Stupordave; 1 Week Ago at 04:07 AM.

Ank
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    has anyone tried cane creek db coil on offering?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Rode a small Offering yesterday. Digging it. Feels similar to my medium stumpjumper, but a bit smaller yes. A small Specialized is too small for me, but this felt great. I'm 5'6.5". Waiting on pricing and if the shop can get me the Fox suspended model. Feels much stiffer than my alloy SJ (probably carbon vs alloy as well as the bike itself) Unfortunately it was a city/pavement test ride. I did bomb a small staircase though

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupordave View Post
    Came set pretty close for 200lb. DH settings were lsc 12, hsc 14 and climb lsc 2, hsc 10. Added .5 turn of preload, 1 click more of lsc (11) and hsc (13) for DH and running about half the rebound damping.
    Which spring are you running?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Anyone running a OneUp dropper post?

Thinking of switching to this, but want to know if I can fit the entire thing in (thats what he said).

I have a large Offering.
    Was thinking of the 180mm post

According to their site insert length is 267.
    Will this post fit all the way down?

Let me add, My reverb 170mm is shoved all the way down. I want to do the same with the OneUp, but can't find what the insertion length is for the reverb to compare.

mtbr member
    Selling my Push 11/6. Shock only has about 5 rides on it. Decided to get a megatower and turn the offering into more of an xc bike. $1000.00. I am 180lbs so not sure what spring they set me up with

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Selling my Push 11/6. Shock only has about 5 rides on it. Decided to get a megatower and turn the offering into more of an xc bike. $1000.00. I am 180lbs so not sure what spring they set me up with
    The spring weight is labeled on the outside. It'll be the number between 138x___x250

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    The OneUp has one of the lowest stack heights. I am on a medium (5'8") and managed to get the 170 in it, just. Below is what i posted a few posts ago. Post 1804 in reply mentioned the new new OneUp has an option for a Megatower specific actuator, but looking at the images the V1 and V2 posts looks like it may have a slightly different actuator.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    Anyone running a OneUp dropper post?

Thinking of switching to this, but want to know if I can fit the entire thing in (thats what he said).

I have a large Offering.
    Was thinking of the 180mm post

According to their site insert length is 267.
    Will this post fit all the way down?

Let me add, My reverb 170mm is shoved all the way down. I want to do the same with the OneUp, but can't find what the insertion length is for the reverb to compare.
    I couldn't get the 180mm OneUp all the way in and still work. I could only get it to work at 150mm. The internal routing was too long, I did try to cut it, as per Evils instructions, but it was really really difficult to do, so gave up.

Silly initial design, but looks like the V2 fixes it.

The good thing was, OneUp refunded me the whole cost, even though the dropper had been inserted into the frame and used a bit at 150mm. Top chaps, just didn't do enough testing on different frames it seems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny0_3 View Post
    The OneUp has one of the lowest stack heights. I am on a medium (5'8") and managed to get the 170 in it, just. Below is what i posted a few posts ago. Post 1804 in reply mentioned the new new OneUp has an option for a Megatower specific actuator, but looking at the images the V1 and V2 posts looks like it may have a slightly different actuator.

That's impressive - I am a similar height to you, but guessing much shorter legs. I could barely fit a 150mm ONEUP lowered to 140mm on a medium frame without squashing the cable or causing random dropper engagements. This was a bummer for me and my leg height as I do appreciate the longer droppers, and these days 150mm drop is minimum for comfort and fun. Like you said, get the seat out of the way for jumps and drops!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    If its 475 and the buyer needs a bigger spring I'd buy it from you....

mtbr member
    Got a few weeks on my (blue) Offering and things are settling in well as I get it dialed. One question on the paint... I have invisiframe on it, but it seems that the matte paint holds dirt/grease and won't clean up well - for example, under the brake calipers on the rear is already pretty black, and a regular bike wash (pedros) didn't do much on that. Is this normal? Seems odd that it would take something a lot stronger than that to clean it - it's definitely a contrast with the matte invisiframe which has a little more sheen and just wipes clean.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by taythecoug View Post
    Anyone do a spring upgrade on the 140mm Pike to make it a 150mm? Seems like that is a pretty reasonable upgrade that is not too expensive. Plus now Evil is only selling the bike with 150mm and higher...
    Just FYI - did this upgrade this weekend. So now I have a 150mm Pike up front. Feels really good.

I was going to do the airspring upgrade myself, but ended up having a bike mechanical do it. Boy I am glad I did. Upon disassembly we discovered that the seal/clip on the damper had come apart and all damper fluid was in the lower leg. No idea when or how it happened, but I noticed the fork was acting kind of funky the day prior. Nonetheless we put it back together and re-bled the damper. Has anyone ever seen this? I just wonder if it wasn't properly assembled at the factory.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1078 View Post
    Which spring are you running?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottay View Post
    If its 475 and the buyer needs a bigger spring I'd buy it from you....
    Mine showed up today with a 475 but was supposed to be a 450. Iím calling them tomorrow to see what the confusion was. If I get stuck with it I will sell it.

mtbr member
    Cool, let me know!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Been having a hell of a time riding my offering all around the PNW lately. Leavenworth, Bellingham, Vedder, Whistler. This bike feels like it belongs in this kind of terrain. Still fully in love with the Avalanche Bomber CR. Feels so composed in the rough and it jumps really well too, got in a couple of A line laps on it the other day. Still running at 160mm up front, -1 angleset and x-low, don't think I'll change any of that, bike feels perfect for the kind of riding I'm doing.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Ordered my Offering w/Fox suspension yesterday. Every where I've searched, only seems to show people buying the Rockshox or 11-6 suspension. Is that because Evil ships out a majority of them to the dealers with the RS? Am I an anomaly by getting the Fox 36/DPX2 for mine? Side note, can't wait to get it.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher911 View Post
    Ordered my Offering w/Fox suspension yesterday. Every where I've searched, only seems to show people buying the Rockshox or 11-6 suspension. Is that because Evil ships out a majority of them to the dealers with the RS? Am I an anomaly by getting the Fox 36/DPX2 for mine? Side note, can't wait to get it.
    I've been on an Offering with a dpx2 for awhile now.

mtbr member
    I've got the dpx2 and have been super happy.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirttrackin280h View Post
    I've got the dpx2 and have been super happy.
    Share your settings and weight???

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Swapping out my dropper on my Offering for a shorter dropper. So I will be removing my Reverb, most likely grabbing a OneUp v2.

Any tips on removing and installing this thing? I have never ran cables through a frame before. I am assuming there is a housing inside?

Any tricks to make this as easy as possible?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Swapping out my dropper on my Offering for a shorter dropper. So I will be removing my Reverb, most likely grabbing a OneUp v2.

Any tips on removing and installing this thing? I have never ran cables through a frame before. I am assuming there is a housing inside?

Any tricks to make this as easy as possible?
    Yep. Dead easy.

1. Remove the reverb remote lever
    2. Screw in the reverb hose connector to your new cable housing for the oneUp and the open end of the reverb hose
    3. Pull the reverb hose out of the seat tube, while pushing from the head tube.

The new housing will pull through, then remove the reverb hose and connector.

Easy.

This is the connector:

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've also done that with an old spoke, I cut off the threads from the unthreaded part of the spoke and just threaded both hoses (old and new) on half of the removed portion of spoke.

Old Reverb will need to be re-bled by whomever installs on next bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kerpoise View Post
    Yep. Dead easy.

1. Remove the reverb remote lever
    2. Screw in the reverb hose connector to your new cable housing for the oneUp and the open end of the reverb hose
    3. Pull the reverb hose out of the seat tube, while pushing from the head tube.

The new housing will pull through, then remove the reverb hose and connector.

Easy.

This is the connector:

dude, awesome, thanks!
    Dumb question, is that connector already connected somewhere or do I need to buy that?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    dude, awesome, thanks!
    Dumb question, is that connector already connected somewhere or do I need to buy that?
    It comes with any OEM reverb, or you can buy it for pennies.

On a pinch, you can cut the thread off a spoke, and do the same

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Is anyone running 2.4 wide tires on the rear of their Offering? Specifically the WTB brand? I know tire width varies by brand I'm looking to mount some WTB Trail Boss 29 2.4 on the rear.

Ank
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    WTB Trail Boss 29 2.4 on the rear.
    That's what I have.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ank View Post
    That's what I have.
    No clearance issues? Any complaints? Are you running a Vigilante front?

wretch
    Is anyone running 2.4 wide tires on the rear of their Offering? Specifically the WTB brand? I know tire width varies by brand I'm looking to mount some WTB Trail Boss 29 2.4 on the rear.
    I just grabbed a set of Verdict / Judge 2.5 / 2.4 and no issues. I had a 2.6 Damf in the back that cleared and rode fine w/o any rub - just sucked up a decent amount of pebbles and rocks.

Ank
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    No clearance issues? Any complaints? Are you running a Vigilante front?
    yes, 2.5 Vigilante front. Clearance wise I don't see any problems going all the way to 2.6

mtbr member
    Has anyone gone from an Insurgent to an Offering?

I had an Insurgent but sold it for a RipMo, now Iím missing the suspension design of the Delta and wondering about jumping back onto an Evil.. Ideally Iíd like a Wrecker with steeper seat angle, but I reckon I can get an Offering to work, raising it to 160 when I go to the Alps etc.

So, what was it like for those who switched from the Insurgent to the Offering?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    #bleedblackdieevil

Ank
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by philstone View Post
    So, what was it like for those who switched from the Insurgent to the Offering?
    first offering I tried was demo with 150mm fork in low. Was cool on climbs though didn't enjoy that much on the downhill.

I decided to get Offering anyway, but went with 160mm fork and put in xlow. Now I am enjoying the bike, and it is not much different from Insurgent

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The insurgent felt more linear and a little more plush. On the flip side, the offering suspension helps it feel playful. Climbing is a lot easier on the offering, thanks to the wheels and STA. It also feels a little more stable since it's got a longer wheelbase and reach.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Picked up my Offering yesterday. Pretty excited. Took it for a short ride at the shop to make sure shifting/the tune was good enough for now. Bedded the brakes a bit. So far, not loving the RE brakes. Keep in mind I'm used to and coming from Shimano SLX brakes, which grab much quicker and feel stronger, even though they're low end. That's definitely something I've noticed so far. I just don't care to pull the lever to my knuckles to feel stopping power. My wife's Stumpjumper has the Guide R and I feel the same about them. Too much lever travel and not enough power. Will the RE bed in more and feel stronger, or am I just a Shimano brake guy and need to swap them out? Keep in mind, even with the "supposedly grabby-on/off" Shimano brakes, I don't lock up the tires. Not even on steep tech at our lift serviced bike park here in Michigan.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Picked up my Offering yesterday. Pretty excited. Took it for a short ride at the shop to make sure shifting/the tune was good enough for now. Bedded the brakes a bit. So far, not loving the RE brakes. Keep in mind I'm used to and coming from Shimano SLX brakes, which grab much quicker and feel stronger, even though they're low end. That's definitely something I've noticed so far. I just don't care to pull the lever to my knuckles to feel stopping power. My wife's Stumpjumper has the Guide R and I feel the same about them. Too much lever travel and not enough power. Will the RE bed in more and feel stronger, or am I just a Shimano brake guy and need to swap them out? Keep in mind, even with the "supposedly grabby-on/off" Shimano brakes, I don't lock up the tires. Not even on steep tech at our lift serviced bike park here in Michigan.
    I went with the same thing on the brakes. They may get a little better.

That being said, I too came from Shimano brakes, now I can never use them again.
    I learned to love the modulation of the SRAM brakes. I just adjust my levers out as far as possible, and one finger brake. I have one of the early builds with the Guide R's and I love them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Picked up my Offering yesterday. Pretty excited. Took it for a short ride at the shop to make sure shifting/the tune was good enough for now. Bedded the brakes a bit. So far, not loving the RE brakes. Keep in mind I'm used to and coming from Shimano SLX brakes which grab much quicker and feel stronger. That's definitely something I've noticed so far. I just don't care to pull the lever to my knuckles to feel stopping power. My wife's Stumpjumper has the Guide R and I feel the same about them. Too much lever travel vs power. Will the RE bed in more and feel stronger, or am I just a Shimano brake guy and need to swap them out? Keep in mind, even with the "supposedly grabby-on/off" Shimano brakes, I don't lock up the tires. Even on steep tech at our lift serviced bike park here in Michigan.
    That sounds about right for Guides. You either get used to it or end up switching back. I can't ride with them. I'm also a shimano guy though. The shimano 4 piston calipers offer a little more modulation than the 2 piston btw.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I went with the same thing on the brakes. They may get a little better.

That being said, I too came from Shimano brakes, now I can never use them again.
    I learned to love the modulation of the SRAM brakes. I just adjust my levers out as far as possible, and one finger brake. I have one of the early builds with the Guide R's and I love them.
    So you're happy on the Rs and not looking to upgrade to the RSC, or something like that? Do you run the organic or metal pads?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    So you're happy on the Rs and not looking to upgrade to the RSC, or something like that? Do you run the organic or metal pads?
    I think I will upgrade to RE or RSC in the next year or so. Just because I am a gear nerd. But my wife will believe it is so I have "safer" brakes

I am using metal pads (Northwest riding with lots of moisture).

But in short yes - I am very happy with the R's.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1078 View Post
    That sounds about right for Guides. You either get used to it or end up switching back. I can't ride with them. I'm also a shimano guy though. The shimano 4 piston calipers offer a little more modulation than the 2 piston btw.
    Good to know. I was looking at Saints if I couldn't gel with the REs and went back to Shimano. I figured if I didn't like the RE, upgrading to SRAM RSC wouldn't have done the trick either.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I think I will upgrade to RE or RSC in the next year or so. Just because I am a gear nerd. But my wife will believe it is so I have "safer" brakes

I am using metal pads (Northwest riding with lots of moisture).

But in short yes - I am very happy with the R's.
    I will say, my wife absolutely will not ride my Stumpjumper with Shimano. She tried once and grabbed too much brake after riding her Specialized Fuze hardtail for a while. She has no complaints at all with her R brakes on her Stumpjumper though.

aka bOb
    I have found the Formula Cura 4's to be a good happy medium between Shimano and Sram. They have the power of Shimanos but better modulation like the Sram without the lever to the grip feel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Good to know. I was looking at Saints if I couldn't gel with the REs and went back to Shimano. I figured if I didn't like the RE, upgrading to SRAM RSC wouldn't have done the trick either.
    Unless you're flying and need ultimate power, I'd opt for something like the SLX or XT 4 pots (if you wanted shimano) over saints. The codes are similar, but the first 50% of the lever has modulation before you hit the brick wall. Another option would be the Hope tech 3 e4 brakes. They have amazing modulation and good power, without the sponge feel.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty happy with Codes and a 203 and 180 Formula rotors. The modulation is good and the stopping power insane. XTs are way too grabby for me.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Go Codes. Modulation + insane stopping power. The RSCs have the lever throw adjust so you can set it to engage as far out as you want.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ank View Post
    first offering I tried was demo with 150mm fork in low. Was cool on climbs though didn't enjoy that much on the downhill.

I decided to get Offering anyway, but went with 160mm fork and put in xlow. Now I am enjoying the bike, and it is not much different from Insurgent
    Exactly the same as me. But I've got a -1 headset.

Feels very similar to the Insurgent , but so much better at climbing with the steeper seat tube angle.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hereís something I didnít think about... tire pressure in these 29s... lol Iím used to running 22f/25r in my 27.5 2.6Ē tires with tubes.. I donít have a clue where to put these 29s....

Thinking about starting at 26psi in the front and 30 in the rear. Still have the factory DHF/DHRII tires in 2.5/2.3 for now. Will be switching over the WTB 2.6 Vigilante/2.4 Trail Boss soon.
    Last edited by punisher911; 1 Day Ago at 04:29 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Last night after work, I got the controls all dialed in and adjusted for reach/comfort. Suspension pressure adjusted. Will get the tires today after work. Going for my first trail ride. Really had to move the brake levers to get them over enough to be able to fully squeeze them and not crush my knuckles. lol We will see how this travel/modulation works for me out on our fast/flowy DTE trails tonight. Also to note, I dislike my Bontrager shock pump. I need to get a better pump. Seems to let out as much air as I put in. lol

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Last night after work, I got the controls all dialed in and adjusted for reach/comfort. Suspension pressure adjusted. Will get the tires today after work. Going for my first trail ride. Really had to move the brake levers to get them over enough to be able to fully squeeze them and not crush my knuckles. lol We will see how this travel/modulation works for me out on our fast/flowy DTE trails tonight. Also to note, I dislike my Bontrager shock pump. I need to get a better pump. Seems to let out as much air as I put in. lol
    The Rockshox or Fox shock pumps are pretty good.

wretch
    Hereís something I didnít think about... tire pressure in these 29s... lol Iím used to running 22f/25r in my 27.5 2.6Ē tires with tubes.. I donít have a clue where to put these 29s....

Thinking about starting at 26psi in the front and 30 in the rear. Still have the factory DHF/DHRII tires in 2.5/2.3 for now. Will be switching over the WTB 2.6 Vigilante/2.4 Trail Boss soon.
    I'm 200lb - riding in rocky chunky terrain - 22 front 26-28 rear w/ Cushcore. 2.6 front, 2.35 rear.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post
    I'm 200lb - riding in rocky chunky terrain - 22 front 26-28 rear w/ Cushcore. 2.6 front, 2.35 rear.
    I assume then you are tubeless. I will still be running tubes for now. Maybe I will stay on the higher side for now and do 30front and 35rear

wretch
    I assume then you are tubeless. I will still be running tubes for now. Maybe I will stay on the higher side for now and do 30front and 35rear
    Why no tubeless? That's like not having a dropper IMO.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post
    Why no tubeless? That's like not having a dropper IMO.
    Lazy? I just havenít delved into tubeless yet. I know I need to. Probably will when I switch to my WTB tires..

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Ok. Back from first 9 mile trail ride on the Offering... definitely a bike that needs to be dialed in and fine tuned. Much stiffer than my Stumpjumper. Out of the box, the Stumpjumper was dialed to my liking and didnít require any adjustments..

now, that being said.. the Stumpjumper is super plush comparatively and absorbs everything the trails throws at it. Tires are just glued to the ground and just claws away and traction is never an issue. Also much more pedal bob.

The Offering is much stiffer. Pedals better, specially when standing, and I feel like I really need to delve into suspension settings to get it dialed. The Offering was definitely more ďpoppyĒ and I could catch air off big roots in the trail. I know a lot of the feel difference is carbon vs alloy frame and the SJ linear suspension vs the progressive Delta of Evil. But small bump compliance just wasnít there today. I definitely felt more of the trail on the Evil. I will chalk some of that up to higher air pressure in the 29ers vs the much lower pressure I ran in the 2.6Ē 27.5s. Iím still trying to get the pressure sorted and will probably go tubeless very soon with some WTB tires.

Also to note, these darn Sram brakes. Lol. Iím used to the quick biting Shimano SLX on my SJ. I did start to get used to the lever travel on the RE brakes towards the end.

ASAP upgrades include a 150 or 170 dropper, WTB 2.6 Vig/2.4 Trail Boss tubeless, and suspension tweaks. Overall very pleased though.

aka bOb
    Ok. Back from first 9 mile trail ride on the Offering... definitely a bike that needs to be dialed in and fine tuned. Much stiffer than my Stumpjumper. Out of the box, the Stumpjumper was dialed to my liking and didnít require any adjustments..
    Yeah it took me a couple of weeks to find the sweet spot on mine and now it's pretty plush yet very poppy.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I've been on a Canfield Riot for three years, with CCDB could and 150mm MRP Ribbon air. The longer fork and general abuse have finally done in the head tube.

I wanted to retain the descending capabilities and playfulness of the Riot in my next bike without giving up too much in climbing ability. I also wanted the new bike to be stiffer and a bit more stable at Mach Chicken speeds. I ultimately chose the Offering because it was very similar in geo to the Riot but had longer chain stays and was meant to take a 150mm fork. Anecdotally, people seemed to indicate that it was more playful than the SB130 and GG Smash, which I was also considering. I also have a few friends that ride Wreckonings and they have lots of good things to say.

Anyways, I moved (almost) all the shit over from the Riot to my fancy new carbon wonderbike, got out for a ride, and yeah I think this was a success. I didn't fiddle with any knobs on the 11-6, but it's easily a better descender than the Riot, and a better technical climber, too! It's not quite as playful, though. It takes a bit more body english to get air off of all the small stuff I'd be used to popping on the Riot. It also doesn't lean into the turns as easily. But it it feels so much more comfortable with it when you commit. I was always a little sketched out when pushing the Riot real hard, but no problems on the Offering.

I'm looking forward to getting it to Georgetown and Downieville for a proper shakedown.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Agreed. Had to add bottomless tokens to the fork, and the Super Delux I never could get dialed. So I got an elevensix, now it feels amazing and plush.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
    I've been on a Canfield Riot for three years, with CCDB could and 150mm MRP Ribbon air. The longer fork and general abuse have finally done in the head tube.

I wanted to retain the descending capabilities and playfulness of the Riot in my next bike without giving up too much in climbing ability. I also wanted the new bike to be stiffer and a bit more stable at Mach Chicken speeds. I ultimately chose the Offering because it was very similar in geo to the Riot but had longer chain stays and was meant to take a 150mm fork. Anecdotally, people seemed to indicate that it was more playful than the SB130 and GG Smash, which I was also considering. I also have a few friends that ride Wreckonings and they have lots of good things to say.

Anyways, I moved (almost) all the shit over from the Riot to my fancy new carbon wonderbike, got out for a ride, and yeah I think this was a success. I didn't fiddle with any knobs on the 11-6, but it's easily a better descender than the Riot, and a better technical climber, too! It's not quite as playful, though. It takes a bit more body english to get air off of all the small stuff I'd be used to popping on the Riot. It also doesn't lean into the turns as easily. But it it feels so much more comfortable with it when you commit. I was always a little sketched out when pushing the Riot real hard, but no problems on the Offering.

I'm looking forward to getting it to Georgetown and Downieville for a proper shakedown.

Cool. Sadly I too sold my Riot, last week. Im kinda having sellers remorse. Glad to hear you like your new sled. Im on the hunt. Evil/Ripmo/Fugitive dilemma.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910