https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjxm4kcAdRT/

Evil Insurgent Little Better-screen-shot-2018-06-08-12.37.57-pm.jpg

Evil Insurgent Little Better-screen-shot-2018-06-08-12.37.50-pm.jpg
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I'll be curious to see this color in person. Hoping they have a few at the Evergreen festival this weekend

mtbr member
    I emailed them today. Theyíll have a few at the festival.

mtbr member
    different. I like them all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Underwhelming. Boost, water bottle bosses and new colours? I feel like the insurgent is their least popular selling bike, and it seems they might be relying on paint schemes to create renewed interest.

I just sold mine, and while it was a fun bike, I canít help but think that with some minor tweaks this could be the best all-rounder on the market. Slightly steeper seat tube producing more wheelbase and reach for the top tube measurement, trunnion metric shock to eliminate the need for needle bearing upper shock hardware, and youíd have a bike that would comfortably pedal up anything and offer more stability going down. It already pedals hard, and I donít think it would lose any playfulness with length. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I think its a testament to just how damn good/spot on these bikes are...why change a good thing. Glad I can keep my insurgent for a while longer without new bike envy these bikes rip, get one!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    I think its a testament to just how damn good/spot on these bikes are...why change a good thing. Glad I can keep my insurgent for a while longer without new bike envy these bikes rip, get one!
    Yep. I talked to them at the Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival yesterday and they all think the bikes are fine the way they are. Literally none of them think the seat tube angles need to change like many keyboard experts on the forums. (I'm also making fun of myself, here. )

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I like mine, I can't see why you'd change it. I just think it's funny to even call it a new bike. It's just a new run of the old bike with minor updates and new colors.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JNKER View Post
    Yep. I talked to them at the Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival yesterday and they all think the bikes are fine the way they are. Literally none of them think the seat tube angles need to change like many keyboard experts on the forums. (I'm also making fun of myself, here. )
    The only thing Iíve ever heard of is some Wreckoning and Following owners having issues with the back tire rubbing the seat tube on bottom outs while they are in X-LOW. Seems like most people donít have that issue though, and most people run these bikes in LOW anyway from what Iíve read.
    Last edited by wilbersk; 06-10-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Misspelled ďrubbingĒ

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    What works for some might not work for others.. I loved my insurgent and thought it was perfect before I got on a different bike with modern geo numbers. For those that pedal up, it couldíve used a more centred seating position for steep climbs. If i was shuttling all the time Iíd have kept it in a heartbeat, in x-low with coil front and rear. Now that would be fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Looks like the frame is up for sale on their site now. https://www.evil-bikes.com/products/insurgent-lb

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Personally, I was expecting a full update, longer reach, metric shock and steeper seat tube, and whilst maybe this isn't the bike for it, longer travel.

However the water bottle mount is a step in the right direction.

But that aside, I can't see this spurring new sales on much.