Evil green touch up paint- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Evil green touch up paint

Does Evil sell any touch up paint, particularly for the green Following? If not, has anybody found a good paint color match? Kawasaki has some green colors that approximate the Evil's green.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Following this thread.. as I need some too!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I emailed Evil directly. I'll update if they respond.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    The response: Kawi green is pretty close, and you can actually get a pretty close match with nail polish as well. We are working on touch up paint but because of chemical shipping regulations and other factors, it's on the slow boat right now. Hopefully we'll have it available soon!

I went ahead and ordered the Kawasaki 777 New Lime Green touch up paint. It won't be an exact match, but since I only have a small area that needs a touch up, it should be close enough until Evil has some that is a match.

LCW
    mtbr member
    I got a response from Evil that the color is Pantone 375c. But paint aren't usually spec'd with Pantone... Usually RAL... So not sure how much that helps...

Santa Cruz Hightower LT

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That's super helpful - just picked up a green Following, and based on my experience with painted bikes in the past, it won't take long to look a big haggard.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I'll report back on the 777 Kawasaki paint. Mine has some minor scratches on the non-drive side chainstay from a high speed "failure to keep the rubber side down" incident last weekend, so just narrow scratch lines to fill in. I think the Kawasaki green is slightly darker than the Pantone 375, but I really don't care if it's not a perfect match. (Then again, this is why I usually go with black or gray frames - easier to fix scratches.) Photos to come when I do the paint.

otb club member
    Lot's of promises to report on touch up paint results, but not too many actual reports. It's understandable since the bike is so fun to ride, but did anyone ever come up with the good touch up paint? I just had a large paint chip removed by a rock (just outside of the down tube protector, of course). Wish that thing wrapped around a little bit further...

mtbr member
    I suggest going to a body shop with a good reputation and seeing if you can get the painter to mix up some touch up for you. When I painted in body shops I would get requests like this from time to time.

otb club member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngspnr View Post
    I suggest going to a body shop with a good reputation and seeing if you can get the painter to mix up some touch up for you. When I painted in body shops I would get requests like this from time to time.
    No doubt that is the way to go if someone hasn't already found an existing match.

mtbr member
    Did anyone ever get a colour match for the don't shoot me orange?

LCW
    mtbr member
    Paint on Evils is unfortunately their weakness... chips like a mofo (I have a green following)... I have it Invisiframe'd and anywhere it's not has some form of chip... couldn't imagine if I didn't have Invisiframe on it!!

Santa Cruz Hightower LT