Evil Following MB sizing down from a Large V1 or sticking with a Large MB?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Evil Following MB sizing down from a Large V1 or sticking with a Large MB?

Fellow Evil doers,

Has anyone on the cusp of sizing, downsized to a Medium MB from a Large V1?

I'm coming from a Large V1 Following with 40mm stem (5'9" bare foot) and I'm interested to know if anyone can tell me if a Medium MB with a 50mm stem would feel the same in both Seated Reach and Standing Reach, given the ETT dimensions are shorter on the MB frames and noticeably smaller on the Medium frames.

Essentially, will I feel the benefit of the increased reach while seated and climbing or only when standing out of the saddle?

Large V1 Reach: 439mm + ETT: 626mm
    Medium MB Rech: 435mm + ETT: 605mm

Perhaps another way of looking at it is, would fitting a 70mm stem to a medium V1 Following give me the same seated reach as a 50mm stem on a medium MB frame?

Or will the Medium MB feel 21mm shorter in seated (climbing) reach than the Large V1?

Unable to access a Medium MB for a test ride, hence posting the question here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konaben View Post
    Fellow Evil doers,

Has anyone on the cusp of sizing, downsized to a Medium MB from a Large V1?

I'm coming from a Large V1 Following with 40mm stem (5'9" bare foot) and I'm interested to know if anyone can tell me if a Medium MB with a 50mm stem would feel the same in both Seated Reach and Standing Reach, given the ETT dimensions are shorter on the MB frames and noticeably smaller on the Medium frames.

Essentially, will I feel the benefit of the increased reach while seated and climbing or only when standing out of the saddle?

Large V1 Reach: 439mm + ETT: 626mm
    Medium MB Rech: 435mm + ETT: 605mm

Perhaps another way of looking at it is, would fitting a 70mm stem to a medium V1 Following give me the same seated reach as a 50mm stem on a medium MB frame?

Or will the Medium MB feel 21mm shorter in seated (climbing) reach than the Large V1?

Unable to access a Medium MB for a test ride, hence posting the question here.
    Top tube measurements you will feel while seated. Reach measurements you will feel while standing, as they are a measurement of the bottom bracket to the head tube. So yes, the MB should feel shorter than the V1 while seated.

Personally, at 5'10" there is no way i would have ridden a size medium MB. The size large felt good with a 40mm stem and I considered putting a 50mm stem on as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk