Evil E bike?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Evil E bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Evil E bike?

Let me preface this by stating I do not personally have anything against E bikes. If it gets people on a bike and out in nature, more power to them.

That being said, definitely not something I would be interested in. I am on my 5th Evil and enjoy the somewhat...."ride with total abandonment"......philosophy that they have come to represent.

With the advent of YT, Pivot, and now Santa Cruz designing and implementing E bikes in their lineups, do you think it's only a matter of time before Evil follows suit?

Or are we unlikely to see them enter that realm of bikes for the foreseeable future?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I think they are no doubt working on one. I hear Yeti is close too with one pretty far in development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    If I were to guess, I would say: Yes.

Mostly b/c (and I'll sound like a Evil hater, but that's "ok") I think Evil has manufactured their image more than anyone. As much as Yeti has cultivated the "Tribe" and their "performance first" image, Evil has mfg'd their "outlaw ethos" image.

I'd really be shocked if Transition came out with an e-bike...then again: nothing's really all that shocking.

mtbr member
    If companies want to sell...especially in Europe...they have to make an e bike. I'm noticing more and more e bikes at the trails I frequent. Like electric cars...electric bikes are the future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    If companies want to sell...especially in Europe...they have to make an e bike. I'm noticing more and more e bikes at the trails I frequent. Like electric cars...electric bikes are the future.
    Not sure that analogy is appropriate. Electric cars are to reduce the carbon footprint. An ebike actually adds to the footprint over a regular bike, by adding a battery, motor and accompanying wires and extra lube products necessary for said motor to function as well as the draw from the energy system to "fuel" it.

But in strict numbers, I agree. Ebikes will increase, though I doubt they'll replace regular bikes; just supplement. And maybe even replace cars. I can see an e-cargo bike replacing runs to the grocery store, depending on distance and environment.

mtbr member
    The clue is in the names, which were secretly planned out years in advance. Evil, yEti, spEcialized.....but somehow santa cruz messed it up. ;-)

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Santa CruzE
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!