Evil Bikes Tube/co2 Storage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Evil Bikes Tube/co2 Storage

Hi! Didn't see a thread on this topic. How do you all store a tube and co2 on your Evil's? Anybody cram them in the triangle between the top tube and seat tube?

Thanks

Bodhisattva
    On my Calling, I wrap two tire levers inside a tube strapped to my seat rails with a backcounty strap

Race Strap - MTB Saddle Mount

I mount a OneUp pump to the frame using their mounting bracket and I hide a mini tool, CO2 and tire plugs inside the pump.

Anything longer than an 60-90 minute ride and I'm more apt to ride with my backpack which is loaded with all kinds of gear.

I fix choppers
    I employ the OneUp EDC in my steertube. It is really damn awesome. It has every tool you'd need for pretty much any trailside adjustment and I also keep dynaplugs, zip ties and velcro ties in it. The only thing else I carry is a tube, spare chain links, and a CO2 inflater with a Mutherload strap. This is secured for me in front of the seat tube on the top tube. Simple idea that works really well. 22 oz bottle and I'm good for anything under a couple of hours.
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I use a Speedsleev saddle bag and Topeak Ninja TC water bottle cage on my Following.

Speedsleev Ranger | Speedsleev

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ja-tc-mountain

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmoondogg View Post
    I use a Speedsleev saddle bag and Topeak Ninja TC water bottle cage on my Following.

Speedsleev Ranger | Speedsleev

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ja-tc-mountain
    These mostly will not work on the Wreckoning. They might fly with an XL, but iffy with a large and forget it on a medium. The seat storage will get clipped by the wheel at full compression if you have the post all the way down in the frame. The bottle mount tool holder is too long to clear the shock link and the top insertion is really unwieldy. Side entry bottle cages are much more manageable with the Wrecker.

Now if anyone from Evil is listening, copy the SWAT down tube system when the next redesigns come out. Give it a more snarky acronym though.
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    I use a backcountry research strap that holds a tube, levers and co2 beneath the down tube; like a yeti's water bottle cage location. I use the oneup edc tool and have stuffed tire boots and zipties into the handle bars.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLBELLY View Post
    These mostly will not work on the Wreckoning. They might fly with an XL, but iffy with a large and forget it on a medium. The seat storage will get clipped by the wheel at full compression if you have the post all the way down in the frame. The bottle mount tool holder is too long to clear the shock link and the top insertion is really unwieldy. Side entry bottle cages are much more manageable with the Wrecker.

Now if anyone from Evil is listening, copy the SWAT down tube system when the next redesigns come out. Give it a more snarky acronym though.
    I agree! I am coming off a Stumpjumper, so adjusting to not being able to throw everything in the down tube isn't going to be easy. Don't forget about the handy multitool above the rear shock! The Oneup Edc looks like a really good option. Does it have any effect on the front end at all? They claim its pretty light.

I'm looking at solutions for a large calling. Could somebody post a pic of their calling bottomed out?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I am using the EDC tool on my Following and there is no negative effect at all. You have to put a thread in the fork steerer tube, though. A caveat is that you can store a CO2 canister in there but not the adapter. Having a Enduro as second bike I am also struggling with the lack of the SWAT down tube on my Following.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Evil Bikes Tube/co2 Storage-p4pb15551179.jpg

Using a blackburn framebag, fits everything I normally had in my evoc backback. Drink and food in my specialized swat pants, and good to go.

Not the most beautiful solution, but it works and it was a cheap solution for now.

Next bike (wreckoning ) probably the oneup steerertube system and then riding with Mr. Wolf smartmousse for not needing a tube anymore, or just mounting the tube on the frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    My Wrecker setup:

---One up EDC in the headtube, using screw on storage tube for small parts (additional links, spare shifter cable, etc.
    ---C02 cartridges in my left hip on my Source Hipster, with inflator head lightly screwed on. Dynaplug Racer with mega and regular plug in right hip pocket. Spare plugs, der hanger, zip ties, and cleats in back compartments of Source Hipster....which you can actually force close to 2L of water into.
    ---CushCore front and rear. I don't carry tubes or tire levers for most rides anymore. I haven't seen many (or any?) punctures that a DynaPlug cannot seal. Removing the CC on the trail would be an exercise in futility. Worst case scenario, you can runflat out even on a carbon hoop and be fine

Dynaplug® Online Store | Dynaplug® Megaplug Tubeless Tire Repair Plugs

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel View Post
    I mount a OneUp pump to the frame using their mounting bracket and I hide a mini tool, CO2 and tire plugs inside the pump.
    What size is your Calling and does the 100cc pump fit without interfering with the suspension link? A photo of your setup would be appreciated, I couldnt find any on the interweb.
    Last edited by ek33; 07-01-2018 at 12:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have a medium following V1 and run the same set up, backcountry research strap on the frame and 100cc oneup pump with no issues
    Evil Bikes Tube/co2 Storage-img_20180701_164537%5B3807%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for sharing your setup. With the pump strapped down off-center like that, does the front of the pump rattle into the frame at all?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The possibility is there, but I haven't seen or heard anything on my bike. The clip is pretty tight also has the little bungee to help secure it

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Cool, thanks! Im getting it along with their new plug and pliers kit. Its so nice riding without a backpack!