Evil Bikes 2020- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil Bikes 2020

mtbr member
    Oct 2019

Evil Bikes 2020

Hi together,
    if anybody has got some top secret news about the 2020 Evil Bikes, updates, pictures and so on, would be cool to sum everything up here in this thread.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Curious to see what they got new, coz their stuff are old as shlt now.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using ****************android_app_mtbr

So Cal Slayin'
    I've got nothin'... Probably happening sooner rather than later though seeing as most of their remaining bikes are sold out. Couldn't help myself and had to get a close out Following MB frame for $1650. Hopefully the new bikes don't make me regret that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I wont be giving up my Offering anytime soon, but love the brand, so was curious to see what they would have this year.
    Losing hope. Guess next year?

I fix choppers
    Evil always rolls out something with or around Bike's Bible. Bike announced all of their test bikes last week with the exception of two which are still under wraps. One of them is rumored to be a new Evil, but we'll see.
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This looks interesting.

https://theradavist.com/2019/09/evil...nds-rowdy-dna/

and yes I think I want one.

The joy of ski is Yours
    Quote Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
    This looks interesting.

and yes I think I want one.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
    this looks interesting.

and yes i think i want one.
    Give me one and take my money!

Seriously, I would sell my titanium gravel bike in a second for this badass-ness.

I would like to see a "Mullet" bike from Evil. Not just an offering with a 27.5 wheel in the back, but a new bike w/ optimized geo for 29er wheel in front, 27.5 rear. 140-150 travel.

It would be sick for them to put out an XC race weapon, too: 29er, 65 degree head angle, 78 degree seat angle, longish reach, short chainstays, 100 front/rear travel, and light as hell.

And new Following, Insurgent (long over due), and Wreckoning with a steep seat angle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I've had my Following v1 for 3 years. The offering is the first new bike from them that I would actually consider purchasing, as I've been soooooo happy with the following and its good for 95% of my riding. I'm going to likely get the Offering next year, but with any release of the bikes I mentioned above, I'd be getting a new Evil sooner.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tatchle1 View Post
    I've had my Following v1 for 3 years. The offering is the first new bike from them that I would actually consider purchasing, as I've been soooooo happy with the following and its good for 95% of my riding. I'm going to likely get the Offering next year, but with any release of the bikes I mentioned above, I'd be getting a new Evil sooner.
    If you like your Following V1, try over-fork/shock and -1.5 angle set before buying a new bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Anyone have news on the new Evil/s?

Hisforever
    sleepy thread....anything

Ibis Ripmo -wifes
    Scout
    Saturn St
    G1
    Yz 250x - no ebikes

mtbr member
    Seeing how most online dealers are sold out of the Calling (except S and XL) frames. I would assume all frames are getting the Offering update??

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Evil is missing the boat big time. The market is flooded with so many good modern bikes being released weekly. Yet they still only have one modern geo offering. If they dont release before christmas they miss a ton of revenue.

Once the bikes are released god knows how long it will take to actually get a frame.

At this point why even bother waiting, they missed the boat and the window. the current geo san Offering is super outdated and the bike changes are a year late.

EVIL wake up and realize the market is super competitive and you cant just sit back and let us all wait wondering!!!!
    Evil Insurgent Yeti SB5.5 Evil Wreckoning Pivot Switchblade Pivot Mach 5.5 Yeti SB150

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Fwiw, if they do get new shlt out people will line up for em esp the fanboys. Im guessing theyll release just in time for spring, chaching.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using ****************android_app_mtbr

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowsed341 View Post
    Evil is missing the boat big time. The market is flooded with so many good modern bikes being released weekly. Yet they still only have one modern geo offering. If they dont release before christmas they miss a ton of revenue.

Once the bikes are released god knows how long it will take to actually get a frame.

At this point why even bother waiting, they missed the boat and the window. the current geo san Offering is super outdated and the bike changes are a year late.

EVIL wake up and realize the market is super competitive and you cant just sit back and let us all wait wondering!!!!
    I have to agree with this and if I'm not a fanboy, I'm close. The Insurgent and Wreckoning are super outdated. I would say closer to two years beyond shelf life now than one.

Insurgent has to be one of the most fun bikes, I'm every ridden, but that seat tube is so slack for those of us with long legs that it's not worth owning around here. I enjoyed that bike so much that I keep having to talk myself out of buying a frame knowing it will be too slack. Ugh.

At this point, I'm starting to worry about the company. When I see discounts on the Offering, it makes me think this might not just be a inventory clear out of discontinued bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mrallen View Post
    I have to agree with this and if I'm not a fanboy, I'm close. The Insurgent and Wreckoning are super outdated. I would say closer to two years beyond shelf life now than one.

Insurgent has to be one of the most fun bikes, I'm every ridden, but that seat tube is so slack for those of us with long legs that it's not worth owning around here. I enjoyed that bike so much that I keep having to talk myself out of buying a frame knowing it will be too slack. Ugh.

At this point, I'm starting to worry about the company. When I see discounts on the Offering, it makes me think this might not just be a inventory clear out of discontinued bikes.
    I have thought the same as you in regards to the last paragraph. For them to have everything on sale with no new bikes as of yet, it makes you wonder if this is to clear all of its inventory. Time will tell what they do but not a lot of new products as of now.

Tree Thumper

If this was a slow or bad economy, I would say, it's possible. However, in this economy, it would be some pretty piss poor management if they went under. It is possible that tariffs are hitting them hard, but I have to think they are just delayed getting new bikes out
    ~JP
    Cannondale CAAD4 Saeco
    Cannondale Prophet
    SC BLT2 27.5
    Moto fly team 29 ti SS
    Vassago Jabberwocky
    Evil FollowingMB

wretch
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbova View Post
    If this was a slow or bad economy, I would say, it's possible. However, in this economy, it would be some pretty piss poor management if they went under. It is possible that tariffs are hitting them hard, but I have to think they are just delayed getting new bikes out
    Small company, small purchase power, probably one factory, multiple bikes in the lineup that could do with re-working, limited engineers and design capacity, just moved headquarters. Seems all pretty normal to me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash View Post
    Small company, small purchase power, probably one factory, multiple bikes in the lineup that could do with re-working, limited engineers and design capacity, just moved headquarters. Seems all pretty normal to me.
    except the consumer does not care about any of that, the market is to competitive. even the die hard's are growing tired of waiting.

The ability to have a strong product cycle is how small companies survive. Evil's timetable is just way off.

I am hoping that the bikes drop in the next few weeks, but im not banking on it. I have talked to 3 or 4 Evil dealers and they are all in the dark as to what is going on.
    Evil Insurgent Yeti SB5.5 Evil Wreckoning Pivot Switchblade Pivot Mach 5.5 Yeti SB150

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Dealers will always be in the dark - they'd be the first to leak new product if that weren't the case. Look at the auto industry. Dealers often know less about what's coming than the common folk simply because it doesn't matter. If it's not on the show room floor they can't sell it.

mtbr member
    Iím curious if this whole super long lasting mega sale is actually just a way for evil to get some capitol for future large expenditures. Seems weird for everything to be on sale for so long, like it was a clearance sale but then perhaps, even with the discounted prices theyíre still making a good enough profit to just make extra shipment orders and ride that as long as possible. Assuming any new bikes have massively different geometry, I would assume that the best people for them to sell to in the future, are people that they sell bikes to right now at a significant discount to get them bought into the brand.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
    Iím curious if this whole super long lasting mega sale is actually just a way for evil to get some capitol for future large expenditures. Seems weird for everything to be on sale for so long, like it was a clearance sale but then perhaps, even with the discounted prices theyíre still making a good enough profit to just make extra shipment orders and ride that as long as possible. Assuming any new bikes have massively different geometry, I would assume that the best people for them to sell to in the future, are people that they sell bikes to right now at a significant discount to get them bought into the brand.
    That's an interesting point about getting people into the brand cheaply. I hadn't thought about that. I think that is probably more of a side benefit for them if they are staying in business though. If they do launch new models, they will most likely have much greater changes than what normally happens between models at other brands that update more frequently. So, the old models might be so outdated, no one will buy them at discount and Evil would be stuck with the inventory. And not just the frames, but the components they have on hand too. Forks and shocks have all changed since they launched the Insurgent and Wreck.

Most companies launch the new bike and then the old frames go on deep discount. Evil seems to be doing it in the opposite order, but at some point you start to wonder about the viability of the company and worry if you need to buy extra part kits and derailleur hangers to keep your bike going for awhile after they go belly up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    I have heard from the horse's mouth that there will be no new announcements in 2019.

I do find it interesting that a 74-75 degree seat angle has become uselessly slack in the last two years though. I'm not sure where you all ride but I'm glad I don't ride there. Seat angle on my Insurgent is actually steeper than my other mountain bikes, but I guess if it doesn't have a 78 degree seat angle these days, it's junk.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by twodownzero View Post
    I have heard from the horse's mouth that there will be no new announcements in 2019.

I do find it interesting that a 74-75 degree seat angle has become uselessly slack in the last two years though. I'm not sure where you all ride but I'm glad I don't ride there. Seat angle on my Insurgent is actually steeper than my other mountain bikes, but I guess if it doesn't have a 78 degree seat angle these days, it's junk.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say it was junk and I prefer a slacker seat angle than what is coming out of most places these days. What I actually said was that I loved the bike, but it just didn't work for me which bummed me out.

Actual seat angle on the Insurgent is 66 degrees. That is the same as on the Calling and Offering which I own. The difference is where the bottom of the seat tube is compared to the BB on those three bikes. For a M frame which is what I ride from Evil, I'm very far over the rear wheel since I have longer legs. Makes it want to wheelie out unless I get out of the saddle. We have a lot of short steep climbs here, so it's very inefficient and harder to hold traction that way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    They recently moved into a larger headquarters which I think they purpose-built (i.e didn't just take over an existing building). As a business owner I would never put up that kind of capital expenditure if my books weren't in good standing and I had a very positive 5-10 year forecast.

As someone who's on their 3rd Evil frame (5th if you count the 2 imperials I owned back in the day) I find it refreshing that Evil doesn't follow the formulaic yearly release of bikes that so many of the big companies do.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by twodownzero View Post

What does no news for 2019 mean? That is only a month. Does this just imply that a new bike will come out in 2020?

I am contemplating a Wreck with Push frame and then building it up over the next year.

How noticeable is the seat angle?

I currently ride a Stumpy coil which has a 74į STA, and Intense sniper with a 73į STA . I also had a Mega with a 75į STA. I never felt that these bikes were horrible climbers. Were the Stumpy and the Mega the best, nope, but they were coil and slacked out. The Sniper climbs fine and has the slackest.

Wreck is either 74/75į

Honestly what is wrong with the current Wreck LB? I can throw on a 170 fork and drop that HTA to 65.5/65.

Reach is in between the stumpy and mega

Talk me out of this?

mtbr member
    I actually moved to Evil because I don't like the new super extra long reach geometries required to make the seat tube very steep. I tested the Offering and even that in my view is not as fun, poppy and flickable as Evil's other bikes. I am sure a lot of people looking for the current trend of ridiculous long reach bikes will see Evil's current line up as outdated, but in my case its the reason I got my first Evil (a Calling last year) and why I picked an Insurgent LB to replace my Yeti SB6. Once the sb165 and sb140 came out with mile long reach numbers and still too long chain stays, I immediately snapped a Insurgent LB.

Now, I do think the seat angle could be a bit steeper, but it better not approach the current long reach trend that makes bikes ride like a cadillac. I just don't think everyone wants a a super stable long race bike that needs 40 miles an hour to come into its own, I don't. I much rather have a bike that is fun and poppy even when riding in a slow pedaly trail.

Quote Originally Posted by matmattmatthew View Post
    They recently moved into a larger headquarters which I think they purpose-built (i.e didn't just take over an existing building). As a business owner I would never put up that kind of capital expenditure if my books weren't in good standing and I had a very positive 5-10 year forecast.

As someone who's on their 3rd Evil frame (5th if you count the 2 imperials I owned back in the day) I find it refreshing that Evil doesn't follow the formulaic yearly release of bikes that so many of the big companies do.
    Last edited by jftoha; 11-12-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    2019 EVIL Insurgent LB
    2018 EVIL Calling
    2018 Commencal Meta HT AM
    2016 YETI sb6c
    2013 YETI sb66c
    2009 YETI DJ

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jftoha View Post
    I actually moved to Evil because I don't like the new super extra long reach geometries required to make the seat tube very steep. I tested the Offering and even that in my view is not as fun, poppy and flickable as Evil's other bikes. I am sure a lot of people looking for the current trend of ridiculous long reach bikes will see Evil's current line up as outdated, but in my case its the reason I got my first Evil (a Calling last year) and why I picked an Insurgent LB to replace my Yeti SB6. Once the sb165 and sb140 came out with mile long reach numbers and still too long chain stays, I immediately snapped a Insurgent LB.

Now, I do thing the seat angle could be a bit steeper, but if it better not approach the current long reach trend that rides like a cadillac. I just don't think everyone wants a a super stable long race bike, I don't. I much rather have a bike that is fun and poppy even when riding in a slow pedaly trail.
    I'm actually with you on that. Calling is a super fun bike. SA is not too slack. Reach is not too long. It's a real goldilocks. With Evil's actual SA very slack the older models were hard for those of us with longer legs. If they take the Insurgent and move the seat tube where it is on the Calling or Offering and leave the rest of the dimension similar to what it is now, I'll be the first in line.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I am 6'1" with 32" actual biking inseam. How is the STA going to work for me?

I also do not like the super long reach. The Mega was good for me, but I am not a huge fan of having to be that far forward to control the front

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yourrealdad View Post

I also do not like the super long reach. The Mega was good for me, but I am not a huge fan of having to be that far forward to control the front
    74Ē tall and 36Ē cycling inseam, XL Following V1 with saddle slammed forward was fine. Your inseam is shorter relative to your height, so I think youíll be totally fine.

Related, I have a L Offering and while I def like the new seat tube angle, I think itís overhyped. And the longer reach changes the ride characteristics, as stated above. Not bad, just different. And pretty obvious what the result will be when you take the geo numbers at face value.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Well since no one could convince me otherwise I had to buy it. $200 off any already heavily discounted frame, with 0% interest for financing. Always wanted an Evil. Always wanted a PUSH. Now just how do I build it up without the wifey finding out? Hmmmmm

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    ya'll be trippin, sit back n relax.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    ya'll be trippin, sit back n relax.

For how long?
    2020 Ibis Ripley (Incoming)

2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 2

mtbr member
    Some crazy conspiracy theories swirling around in here. I think it's pretty obvious they can't turn bikes like a big brand, and their development cycle is fairly clear. Release a model, then tweak. Release another model then tweak.

I am waiting for a wrecker w/ a steep SA...

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I'll tell you who took the new bikes.....

that damn sasquatch

Void Ab Initio
    I had the same thoughts as some of you when I saw the across-the-board discounts. But last week I emailed Evil about getting a small Insurgent LB to replace my Process 153, and despite it being sold out right now, they told me they "will have some more inbound over the next month or so." Maybe that's a delay, maybe not. In any event, it sounds like it may be more of a supply/delivery issue than anything.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I think all this STA talk is funny. You really think that Wrecker STA is 75 degrees, that is a straight lie and it has been outlined in the Wrecker thread many times. The Wrecker was a wheelie machine on steep sustained climbs. The Wrecker is the one bike that needs the Geo tweeks.

If you ride with mellow uphills then great, but for people with long legs and steep uphills the older geo is crap compaired to my SB150, FACT! (climbing)

DH is a different story, was a super fun bike.

mtbr member
    On which bike? On the Calling I think the SA is almost perfect and I am your exact same size riding a Large Calling. The Insurgent is definitely more slack but can still climb everything, just not as planted. I actually do like the fact that the Insurgent willies, manuals and bunny hops so easily though, so the slacker SA is a price I am willing to pay for a fun bike. I am not a racer, or even close to being a very fast rider. I like a bike that feels fast and fun a at moderate speeds, while still able to go fast on the right trail or bike park. This IS the reason I ride Evil after all.

2019 EVIL Insurgent LB
    2018 EVIL Calling
    2016 YETI sb6c
    2013 YETI sb66c
    2009 YETI DJ

mtbr member
    New wreckoning will be released on Thursday

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Along with the ebike?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    On which bike?
    The wreckoning.

Also great to hear the new bike is coming out Thursday. I seem to have a knack for this. Bought a RLT and they updated everything 4 days later.

Anyways I canít afford a new wreckoning with PUSH so I guess I will just have to live with the horrible geometry that makes the bike impossible to ride. J/k

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    source?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Which Thursday is the real question...

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Which Thursday is the real question...
    What year also

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I bet something is due any day now. No inside info but the Wreckoning is prime for an update. I would suspect a new bike by spring or possibly as early as Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Come on guys.. you know they are going to be released at Bike Mags Bible of Bikes.. For now just sit back and collect them pennies.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Two hours until a new wreckoning doesn't come out on a Thursday, of this week, of this year.

P.S. I can't seem to get anyone to comment on this, but can someone help me choose an offset for the fork to go with this frame?

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Two hours until a new wreckoning doesn't come out on a Thursday, of this week, of this year.

P.S. I can't seem to get anyone to comment on this, but can someone help me choose an offset for the fork to go with this frame?
    They built it for standard offset. Seems like the way to go.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Even if I put a -1į angleset on it? Was thinking of running a 46mm MRP 160mm coil

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Even if I put a -1į angleset on it? Was thinking of running a 46mm MRP 160mm coil
    First, put whatever your first instinct is on it. The bike will ride great either way.

For my opinion, with a -1 angleset, I'd probably go with reduced offset. I've noticed a benefit for me when the angle is 65 degrees or less. I actually haven't liked the reduced offset when the HA was greater than 65.5. But that is just my experience, so I'm sure you will have people swear reduced offset is better everywhere and others that say it isn't. I think it's also personal preference and how the bike was designed.

mtbr member
    If youíre taking about an offering I would only run less than a 51 if you are running a 160 fork.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    neither will have a strava time advantage. so go with the cheaper one. if they are both the same price, go with the reduced offset as it will likely have greater resale.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Wait, my Stava doesn't get faster? I thought the smaller the offset the faster you got? Damn.

Just got off the phone with EVIL and the guy I talked to said going lower would be better if you goer lower HTA, so I just bought a 46mm offset MRP Ribbon and will run a 1į angleset.

Should put me at 65į HTA, slightly longer wheelbase that the offset fork can help plant the front wheel with, more reach, slightly steeper STA.

Thanks for the replies

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Come on guys.. you know they are going to be released at Bike Mags Bible of Bikes.. For now just sit back and collect them pennies.
    So we wont actually see frames till Feb, so Evil misses the Holiday period and doesn't cash in on huge revenue sales.

It makes me wonder how companies that operate this way stay in business.

Unless they are just sitting on cash and don't care.

I fix choppers
    Evil Bikes 2020-0.jpg

On Unsprung's IG this morning. Could just be a custom paint job, but maybe something new. Looks pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    So we wont actually see frames till Feb, so Evil misses the Holiday period and doesn't cash in on huge revenue sales.

Honestly it just isnít that easy. Companies release bikes when they are ready and lots goes into that process. From R&D, manufacturing, distribution and delivery, I doubt Evil is wanting to miss out on anything and Iím sure they know how to run a company.

mtbr member
    i have a strong feeling that yellow frame is just a repainted offering.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sosburn View Post
    i have a strong feeling that yellow frame is just a repainted offering.
    Could be the photo, but the SA looks too slack to be an offering. My wager would be repainted wreck.

mtbr member
    I saw that but itís on a trunion shock....
    #bleedblackdieevil

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    funny this thread is trending as I recently began riding my calling more and more because the "old" geo simply makes it a better bike.

I have had a wreck, insurgent, and now a calling. also a nomad 4, norco range, and now a firebird 29.

the wreck was by far the best should have never sold it but damn I keep going back to my calling over the new school geo on the fb 29. the calling with a 140/130 set up, all air, is just so fun. i did 17 miles and 4700 feet on climbing on the calling yesterday on what some would consider really steep dh trails and the bikes just does everything. yeah would a longer travel bike eat it all up a bit more, maybe, but the angles are perfect for almost all types of riding. the steeper and more tech (sharp turns, roots, etc-maybe not huge jumps) the more i want the calling over the fb 29.

anyhow i just wonder how many people complaining about the "old" geo have really ridden all of the bikes back to back. evil has a formula for success so hopefully they dint change it too much as it won't be an evil anymore.....

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by rccp View Post
    Could be the photo, but the SA looks too slack to be an offering. My wager would be repainted wreck.
    In the comments Unpsrung stated it was not Offering. I'd say it's a re-painted Wrecker or something new.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdapilot View Post
    Honestly it just isnít that easy. Companies release bikes when they are ready and lots goes into that process. From R&D, manufacturing, distribution and delivery, I doubt Evil is wanting to miss out on anything and Iím sure they know how to run a company.

The point is that they should have planned and timed everything way better. I understand what you are saying but what i am saying is that they didn't plan the whole release process and timetable well enough and its going to cost them revenue.

They have released how many bikes? They should know by now how long the process takes and should have planned accordingly. The bike should have been ready months ago with plenty of time planned for set backs.

My guess is it will release at Bible, so we can all wait longer. The good news is that the frames are dirt cheap right now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kenwood72 View Post
    funny this thread is trending as I recently began riding my calling more and more because the "old" geo simply makes it a better bike.

I have had a wreck, insurgent, and now a calling. also a nomad 4, norco range, and now a firebird 29.

the wreck was by far the best should have never sold it but damn I keep going back to my calling over the new school geo on the fb 29. the calling with a 140/130 set up, all air, is just so fun. i did 17 miles and 4700 feet on climbing on the calling yesterday on what some would consider really steep dh trails and the bikes just does everything. yeah would a longer travel bike eat it all up a bit more, maybe, but the angles are perfect for almost all types of riding. the steeper and more tech (sharp turns, roots, etc-maybe not huge jumps) the more i want the calling over the fb 29.

anyhow i just wonder how many people complaining about the "old" geo have really ridden all of the bikes back to back. evil has a formula for success so hopefully they dint change it too much as it won't be an evil anymore.....
    I have owned the Following MB, Wreckoning, and Insurgent and they all need updates.

I think i'm complaining about not getting new bikes and the radio silence more than the older bikes. When theses bikes were released they were cutting edge, but like stated bikes have evolved.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLBELLY View Post
    In the comments Unpsrung stated it was not Offering. I'd say it's a re-painted Wrecker or something new.
    Pretty sure that is a Following MB, repainted.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

have they evolved???

I have owned the Following MB, Wreckoning, and Insurgent and they all need updates.

I think i'm complaining about not getting new bikes and the radio silence more than the older bikes. When theses bikes were released they were cutting edge, but like stated bikes have evolved.
    my point is how could a 140/130 bike feel so good, do these bikes need to evolve that much? Maybe put the cables in the tubes but the geometry of a calling is what makes it so great. if you length, slacken, or change any piece it wont be a calling.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    my point is how could a 140/130 bike feel so good, do these bikes need to evolve that much? Maybe put the cables in the tubes but the geometry of a calling is what makes it so great. if you length, slacken, or change any piece it wont be a calling.
    I hear ya, well I am sure we will have our answer at Bible.

mtbr member
    Maybe put the cables in the tubes....
    No thanks. I love that itís easy to swap brakes/cables etc without messing around with internal hoses!
    #bleedblackdieevil

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    100% agreed!!

mtbr member
    Not sure if this means much, but the Mega Sale on their site is valid until December 6th. No new announcements would likely come until after sales are over and it wouldnít make sense to reveal new models that late in the game for holiday sales, IMO. Iím happily stretching my Following v1 lifespan a bit longer with upgrades/mods before I make any impulsive decisions on other brands before I see the new Evil line. I'd love to see them come out swinging with something really bad ass. Alas, winter's coming and I can simply divert my new-bike-itch to snowboarding for the upcoming months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	1293221

On Unsprung's IG this morning. Could just be a custom paint job, but maybe something new. Looks pretty sweet.
    Looks like every other eVIL

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by CHROMAG19 View Post
    Looks like every other eVIL
    Yeah except for the Faction and the Chamois Davis.

Personally, I think it is a good thing that Evil bikes all look similar. It likely simplifies things for them in terms of design, esthetics and sharing of parts to a degree between models. Outside of that, they have an extraordinarily unique look as no one is gonna say they look like another Session.

Paste eater

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	1293221

Looks like a yellow wrecker. SA looks pretty slack so maybe just a paint job?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Looks like a yellow wrecker. SA looks pretty slack so maybe just a paint job?
    With a trunion shock?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It's a Following MB.

Paste eater
    With a trunion shock?
    Good point. That fork looks like a 160mm 🤔.

mtbr member
    Yeah, combo of trunnion shock and 150-160mm fork points to a painted offering.

mtbr member
    They state that it is a Following MB on their instagram.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2017 Kona Private Jake

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    can only guess whats instore, but in the meantime having some fun...wreck/enduro lovechild concept

Evil Bikes 2020-evilconcept.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    or perhaps a high pivot? Evil/Forbidden lovechild? Would be interesting

Evil Bikes 2020-forbiddenevil.jpg

Seems most are talking about little geo tweaks, but maybe a new linkage layout is in the works as well? jus havin sum fun

mtbr member
    Here's a sweet Evil // Lib Tech Travis Rice collaboration: https://www.classy.org/campaign/shre...season/c257964

I already have an Orca, but my ride is a Following, not an Offering. Looks dialed though.

mtbr member

Name:	forbiddenevil.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1293795

Seems most are talking about little geo tweaks, but maybe a new linkage layout is in the works as well? jus havin sum fun
    A high pivot Evil would fantastic. Something like an offering in high pivot would make me get rid of my Following. The Druid or the Offering are my two current next bike ideas.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2017 Kona Private Jake

Tree Thumper

Name:	forbiddenevil.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1293795

someone should make this bike
    ~JP
    Cannondale CAAD4 Saeco
    Cannondale Prophet
    SC BLT2 27.5
    Moto fly team 29 ti SS
    Vassago Jabberwocky
    Evil FollowingMB

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbova View Post
    someone should make this bike
    Needs an idler. And I'm pretty sure the chain would never clear that chainstay, it's already super tight on the current frame design.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Needs an idler. And I'm pretty sure the chain would never clear that chainstay, it's already super tight on the current frame design.
    haha yep, was just kickin around some quick photoshop concepts for fun, was a little bored...obviously not completely ironed out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngspnr View Post
    A high pivot Evil would fantastic. Something like an offering in high pivot would make me get rid of my Following. The Druid or the Offering are my two current next bike ideas.
    Yeah, Iím looking at a Druid, a Pole Stamina 140 or a next gen Evil. Hopefully some reveals from Evil soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Kevin from evil has been riding around on something which looks unlike the evil frame design we know...doesn't appear to be another brand either.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    test

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsnake View Post
    Kevin from evil has been riding around on something which looks unlike the evil frame design we know...doesn't appear to be another brand either.
    Pictures or it didn't happen

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    you don't have to believe me...

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I don't

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Not much I can do, don't really care if you do or don't. I am speaking the truth though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energ8t View Post
    Yeah, Iím looking at a Druid, a Pole Stamina 140 or a next gen Evil. Hopefully some reveals from Evil soon.

You may want to check this out.
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/field-...rail-bike.html
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2017 Kona Private Jake

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Not much I can do, don't really care if you do or don't. I am speaking the truth though.
    Don't care that you don't care.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Living in Seattle Iíve seen just about every Evil on trails or at the Evil headquarters months before they are released. Because all Evils look the same, it is very common to see yet to be released Evils on the trails in the PNW.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Living in Seattle Iíve seen just about every Evil on trails or at the Evil headquarters months before they are released. Because all Evils look the same, it is very common to see yet to be released Evils on the trails in the PNW.

Precisely

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Is the frame design/shock placement totally different or just an evoluiton of the current design ?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The point is that they should have planned and timed everything way better. I understand what you are saying but what i am saying is that they didn't plan the whole release process and timetable well enough and its going to cost them revenue.

They have released how many bikes? They should know by now how long the process takes and should have planned accordingly. The bike should have been ready months ago with plenty of time planned for set backs.

My guess is it will release at Bible, so we can all wait longer. The good news is that the frames are dirt cheap right now.
    Again stuff happens in the process that you should consider. Planning for new bikes begins years in advance, if anything changes during the process, schedules are impacted. This is true for all brands including the big players like Specialized and Santa Cruz. I'm sure Evil would like to drop every new bike at the beginning of Sea Otter or just before Xmas. In reality this isn't possible, especially when you consider production delays and shared services (like carbon manufacturing) with other companies.

mtbr member

A Fall/Winter release makes no sense. Most people are looking for deals around Thanksgiving and Christmas, and a new model certainly won't be discounted.

Plus, most people aren't shopping for bikes in the winter.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    A Fall/Winter release makes no sense. Most people are looking for deals around Thanksgiving and Christmas, and a new model certainly won't be discounted.

Plus, most people aren't shopping for bikes in the winter.
    I was thinking the same thing. Who cares about new bikes in the middle of winter? Maybe if you live in southern CA or AZ? It's ski season for everyone else.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Who cares about new bikes in the middle of winter? Maybe if you live in southern CA or AZ? It's ski season for everyone else.
    You should look up how much of the bike sales come from the warm states, and the rest of the world is not under snow. Its going to take months to get a new frame also.

If the frames drop say March you might not get a new one till July.

I completely disagree with the looking for bargains crap that spewed in a few comments before around Christmas time. That's your opinion and not reality in the high Bike market.

Nat
    mtbr member
    You should look up how much of the bike sales come from the warm states, and the rest of the world is not under snow.
    If you have that data then please tell.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Thread is pointless at this point.
    There are no new bikes coming till 2020.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    If I remember correctly, they released the Following V1 between Xmas and new years.

Nat
    mtbr member
    If I remember correctly, they released the Following V1 between Xmas and new years.
    I didn't buy one back then either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    If you have that data then please tell.
    I have been trying to find details about this but have found nothing.

But lets put it this way, CA population is more than most of the cold weather states combined. I am going to take an educated stab in the dark that population carries over to bike sales.

Now lets add, The southern Hemisphere and most of Europe that is in summer or warm weather and i think you get the drift.

YES you PNW people are in the small minority. I cant help but get annoyed when all people think exists is WHISTLER and the PNW. I for one am about sick and tired of seeing whistler edits this year. We get it you have a great bike park.....

Yes you have great riding but sorry you are a tiny spec compared to rest of the world.

Nat
    mtbr member
    I have been trying to find details about this but have found nothing.

But lets put it this way, CA population is more than most of the cold weather states combined. I am going to take an educated stab in the dark that population carries over to bike sales.

Now lets add, The southern Hemisphere and most of Europe that is in summer or warm weather and i think you get the drift.

YES you PNW people are in the small minority. I cant help but get annoyed when all people think exists is WHISTLER and the PNW. I for one am about sick and tired of seeing whistler edits this year. We get it you have a great bike park.....

Yes you have great riding but sorry you are a tiny spec compared to rest of the world.
    You should call Evil and give 'em a piece of your mind. Here's their phone number: (877) 696-3845.

mtbr member
    Iím sure the Bike Bible will have something from Evil.

Donít fret. Itís not like your ďold and outdatedĒ bikes are miserable to ride, and something new wonít make you any better or faster.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    You should call Evil and give 'em a piece of your mind. Here's their phone number: (877) 696-3845.
    I think were (ME) all just frustrated by the radio silence that's all. I could care less if they are making a stupid business decision or not tbh.

I just wanna see some new bikes.

I just hope the Bible produces something awesome.

Nat
    mtbr member
    I think were (ME) all just frustrated by the radio silence that's all. I could care less if they are making a stupid business decision or not tbh.

I just wanna see some new bikes.

I just hope the Bible produces something awesome.
    Are you actually in the market to buy a new bike or are you just bitching?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Are you actually in the market to buy a new bike or are you just bitching?
    Do you see how many bikes are on my sig man and that is missing about 10. maybe you should shut the hell up and worry about YOU!

Nat
    mtbr member
    Do you see how many bikes are on my sig man and that is missing about 10. maybe you should shut the hell up and worry about YOU!
    Hey, while you're at it, you should call up YouTube and complain about all the Whistler videos they're making you watch.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hey, while you're at it, you should call up YouTube and complain about all the Whistler videos they're making you watch.
    You must work for Evil and were sent here to try and stir up things. Its cool i see what type of person you are now. A person that cant be taken seriously and a person that i wont be responding too after this post.

It's cool man!!! Gluck

Nat
    mtbr member
    You must work for Evil and were sent here to try and stir up things. Its cool i see what type of person you are now. A person that cant be taken seriously and a person that i wont be responding too after this post.

It's cool man!!! Gluck
    WAHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHH! You big baby. Typical.

mtbr member
    And all of a sudden it turns into a willy measuring contest. Good for you, thatís quite the past/present quiver.

I love evil bikes. I might even bleed black.

But Iím with Nat, yíall are ridiculous. Going back like 20 posts +/-.

You should take his advice and call up one of the most successful, best reviewed indy bike brands with a fanatical following and tell them that their marketing and business ops strategies donít work lmao

Go ride your bikes or get a winter hobby.

Nat
    mtbr member
    And all of a sudden it turns into a willy measuring contest. Good for you, thatís quite the past/present quiver.

I love evil bikes. I might even bleed black.

But Iím with Nat, yíall are ridiculous. Going back like 20 posts +/-.

You should take his advice and call up one of the most successful, best reviewed indy bike brands with a fanatical following and tell them that their marketing and business ops strategies donít work lmao

Go ride your bikes or get a winter hobby.
    Maybe Evil is taking their time in hopes that certain potential buyers go away, buy someone else's bike, and become someone else's high maintenance headache.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just went back and checked their site for giggles. A wreckoning with PUSH is about $300 cheaper from when I bought it 2 weeks ago. It is a ridiculous deal right now. I assume any of the cheaper LB frames are the same, but the PUSH makes the most sense on a Wreckoning.

mtbr member
    Also, they are sold out entirely of Following MBs and they don't indicate that they'll be back in stock as they usually do. Maybe this indicates a completely new "following", which makes sense as the geometry is super outdated and short.

mtbr member
    The Following is one bike I hope they don't go full 'duro with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    The Following is one bike I hope they don't go full 'duro with.
    Exactly. But this will be a great excuse to pick up a cheap used FMB frame in the near future...

mtbr member
    I might move to a Banshee Phantom V3 in a bit. The geo looks legit without completely jumping the shark on length. Plus they have 142 rear dropouts that'll let me run the wheels on my FV1.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Also, they are sold out entirely of Following MBs and they don't indicate that they'll be back in stock as they usually do. Maybe this indicates a completely new "following", which makes sense as the geometry is super outdated and short.
    Or maybe this model will simply be abandoned!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose38 View Post
    Or maybe this model will simply be abandoned!
    i doubt it. the following has quite the "following" lmao
    but yeah it is super popular, just needs to be a bit longer imo. 640mm ETT on an XL is just too short

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    All the comments about the geo on evil's being "super outdated" crack me up. I think seeing a steeper STA on the bigger bikes will make sense because they are slacker and bigger and climbing is harder on a bike like that.

I think a bike like the Following works with a 74ļ STA because you're probably seated and pedaling more on a 120 trail bike than you are on an enduro sled that is probably either going up or down, with little in-between. Steepening the STA, even with a long reach, makes the ETT shorter, which is not ideal for seated pedaling on flat, flowy terrain. A 120 bike should not have the same geo as a 160+ bike, the purpose is different.

Us mtb dudes love to get lost in the spreadsheet. Talking about these bikes like they are unridable.... ok.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn_dewd View Post
    All the comments about the geo on evil's being "super outdated" crack me up. I think seeing a steeper STA on the bigger bikes will make sense because they are slacker and bigger and climbing is harder on a bike like that.

I think a bike like the Following works with a 74ļ STA because you're probably seated and pedaling more on a 120 trail bike than you are on an enduro sled that is probably either going up or down, with little in-between. Steepening the STA, even with a long reach, makes the ETT shorter, which is not ideal for seated pedaling on flat, flowy terrain. A 120 bike should not have the same geo as a 160+ bike, the purpose is different.

Us mtb dudes love to get lost in the spreadsheet. Talking about these bikes like they are unridable.... ok.
    Bikes on the internet will pretty much be "unrideable" overnight. A bike up until then that has been universally reviewed as a good bike...will basically become an endo death machine with news of a new longer verision.

I honestly don't want the Following to become the length of a limo. The appeal to me is that it feels like a big BMX. The longer the bikes get...the less agile they feel. The harder they get to pump through turns. Now if people have not noticed...the rear ends are getting longer...along with the front end. That increases stability through chunk at speed...but once the speeds come down...you're just fighting the bike.

mtbr member
    Bikes on the internet will pretty much be "unrideable" overnight. A bike up until then that has been universally reviewed as a good bike...will basically become an endo death machine with news of a new longer verision.

I honestly don't want the Following to become the length of a limo. The appeal to me is that it feels like a big BMX. The longer the bikes get...the less agile they feel. The harder they get to pump through turns. Now if people have not noticed...the rear ends are getting longer...along with the front end. That increases stability through chunk at speed...but once the speeds come down...you're just fighting the bike.
    Precisely the reason I moved to Evil. I don't race, and at this point I look for bikes that give me the most smiles per mile. My Yeti sb6 had to go so fast to be fun, that I wasn't enjoying most of the trails I rode in. On the other hand, my Insurgent LB and Calling are fun even at slow speeds because you can jib, pop and manual so easily in them even with long travel.
    2019 EVIL Insurgent LB
    2018 EVIL Calling
    2016 YETI sb6c
    2013 YETI sb66c
    2009 YETI DJ

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

you^ and mtn-dewd x 10.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    i doubt it. the following has quite the "following" lmao
    but yeah it is super popular, just needs to be a bit longer imo. 640mm ETT on an XL is just too short
    Not sure the Following is still so popular since the Offering is on the game ! Wait and see ;-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose38 View Post
    Not sure the Following is still so popular since the Offering is on the game ! Wait and see ;-)
    I know this might be blasphemous but I would love to see Evil do a 100-110 travel aggressive XC frame. Something 1 -1.5lbs lighter than the Following MB that could rival the SB100, Intense Sniper, Blur etc.

mtbr member
    I know this might be blasphemous but I would love to see Evil do a 100-110 travel aggressive XC frame. Something 1 -1.5lbs lighter than the Following MB that could rival the SB100, Intense Sniper, Blur etc.
    I second this. Otherwise my plan is to make a total weight weenie FMB build to fit this use case.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    With delta system being the same around their entire line I don't know why Evil just doesn't have 3 frames that are basically identical cept for being designed around taking more travel and different carbon layup. That would also help when coming out with a new version of their entire lineup.

Following - not so long and slack 120mm travel
    Offering - kinda long and slack 140mm travel
    Wreckoning - really long and slack 160mm travel

And then also ditch 27.5 altogether as it's basically dead.

mtbr member

Evil Bikes 2020

Whatya think of the Lib Tech/Offering combo? $7400 with GX and "free" T Rice Orca ($600). I can't see the complete parts specs, but looks like "ok" value for the money. I usually see GX specs on 5K build. Seems the LTD edition aspect is a big part of that cost (in addition to the $600 board).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
    With delta system being the same around their entire line I don't know why Evil just doesn't have 3 frames that are basically identical cept for being designed around taking more travel and different carbon layup. That would also help when coming out with a new version of their entire lineup.

Following - not so long and slack 120mm travel
    Offering - kinda long and slack 140mm travel
    Wreckoning - really long and slack 160mm travel

27.5 is far from dead. I don't have a lot of interest, but I have several buddies that are choosing 27.5 bikes over a 29ers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    27.5 is far from dead. I don't have a lot of interest, but I have several buddies that are choosing 27.5 bikes over a 29ers.
    Was purely basing it on sales at one of the 2 largest MTB dealers in my city. They both told me that 95% of their MTB sales are 29ers this year. One of them has stopped carrying 27.5s altogether and will only offer them on a special order basis where you have to pay for the bike upfront.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Around Central Oregon I see mostly 29ers also but when I was at Whistler I was but one of only a few 29ers that I saw. It must be location and use dependent.

mtbr member
    Around Central Oregon I see mostly 29ers also but when I was at Whistler I was but one of only a few 29ers that I saw. It must be location and use dependent.
    In my experience, 27.5 is still way more effective at tight switchbacks and some technical maneuvering (without requiring excess body English or stoppies). 29ers are also still a bit unwieldy for many smaller riders and women. Thereís plenty of DH racers using 27.5 still by choice, or went 29er and then returned to 27.5. So, I think they still hold a necessary place.

mtbr member
    When I was at the Mammoth bike park this Sept...I saw mostly 27.5. I also took my 27.5 up there.

mtbr member
    Most of the bikes Iím seeing on my local trails here in So Cal are on 29rs. I have a couple of buddies who went 29 and went back to 27.5. Iím vertically challenged 5í7Ē 29rs just feel a little big and not as poppy as my Calling
    Four wheels move my body Two wheels move my soul

Nat
    mtbr member
    I think it's safe to declare that 26ers are dead though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Lots of cool stories in this thread.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1965
Size:  39.8 KB

mtbr member
    I second this. Otherwise my plan is to make a total weight weenie FMB build to fit this use case.
    I've got an XL 29lb FMB with a Fox DPS shock and it's great. 74.5 STA with a Fox 34 at 130mm. I sized up and the 'slack' seat tube is not an issue. I think the bike is perfectly adequate, as long as you size up. However if you're over 6'3", the XL becomes a bit small.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    I'll tell you who took the new bikes.....

that damn sasquatch
    Thank you for this, made my morning

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    My EVIL Xmas list:

- Sub 25lb XC bike with DELTA suspension and progressive geo. I would have bought 2 months ago, but got a Cannondale Scalpel cause it actually exists

- An updated insurgent (longer travel 27.5 that's still playful - keep the Wrekoning for monster trucking over stuff). I will buy this in the next year if it comes out.

- A mullet-ed trail bike (29er front, 27.5 rear). And not just "this is an option," but a frame designed/optimized for this wheel setup.

- That weird gravel bike. I would sell my current gravel bike for this if the reviews are good.

My EVIL "I don't care about, so stop it, please" sheet:

- snowboards
    - beer
    - LB park bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I'm not usually into reaffirming bike industry conspiracy theories, butttt, I hate to see everyone regurgitate sentiments like this. Once everyone is on some brawler 29er, the industry will start pushing 27.5 bike again because there will be a desire for something ďmore playfulĒ.

I get that sales for 29ers are beating out 27.5 like crazy right now. But how much of that is because bike sites and sales reps are pushing ideas like "you'll be slower on 27.5"

I ride with a couple dudes on big travel 29ers and I will beat them downhill on any type of terrain on my Calling 100% of the time. I also ride with a guy on an old 26" Yeti who can put the hurting on me. It pains me to see that some people may be sacrificing an enjoyable ride for a wheel size that is "faster" on paper.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'm not usually into reaffirming bike industry conspiracy theories, butttt, I hate to see everyone regurgitate sentiments like this. Once everyone is on some brawler 29er, the industry will start pushing 27.5 bike again because there will be a desire for something ďmore playfulĒ.

I get that sales for 29ers are beating out 27.5 like crazy right now. But how much of that is because bike sites and sales reps are pushing ideas like "you'll be slower on 27.5"

I ride with a couple dudes on big travel 29ers and I will beat them downhill on any type of terrain on my Calling 100% of the time. I also ride with a guy on an old 26" Yeti who can put the hurting on me. It pains me to see that some people may be sacrificing an enjoyable ride for a wheel size that is "faster" on paper.
    Funny since you seem to be regurgitating sentiments as well. A 27.5 is not automatically more playful than a 29er. I bought into the whole 27.5 fad and bought 2 of them and sold them within the first two months of ownership because I hated riding them.

As for my 27.5 being comment it's solely based from a manufacturer financial perspective. Why is a company going to spend money designing and building a platform that encompasses 10% of their sales? They are not breaking even with those sales figures. Why would a bike shop stock a bike that has very high odds of sitting there all year long and then having to sell at cost or less at the end of the year to just get rid of it?

A product lives and dies by it's sales figures. Whether it's better or not is absolutely irrelevant. Hell look at all the fire sale prices on forks. They are all 27.5. I did not see a single 29er fork during Black Friday at deep discount while everyone was unloading 27.5 forks.

Consumers have decided that 27.5 is dead and not the manufacturers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Personally I think 27.5 has a place but manufacturers are beholden only to what sells. Telling how most of the online deals are for 27.5 bikes, frames, wheels and forks while 29er items are hardly marked down.

Nat
    mtbr member

Comparing you on your bike to your friends on their bikes doesn't really mean much though, since it doesn't take into account individual skills and fitness. The better comparison would be each of you on three similar bikes of different wheel size, then you see which one you're fastest on. This comparison also assumes that getting to the bottom fastest is the goal, which holds true in DH racing but for recreational riding maybe not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatchle1 View Post
    My EVIL Xmas list:

- Sub 25lb XC bike with DELTA suspension and progressive geo. I would have bought 2 months ago, but got a Cannondale Scalpel cause it actually exists

- An updated insurgent (longer travel 27.5 that's still playful - keep the Wrekoning for monster trucking over stuff). I will buy this in the next year if it comes out.

- A mullet-ed trail bike (29er front, 27.5 rear). And not just "this is an option," but a frame designed/optimized for this wheel setup.

- That weird gravel bike. I would sell my current gravel bike for this if the reviews are good.

My EVIL "I don't care about, so stop it, please" sheet:

- snowboards
    - beer
    - LB park bikes
    Me personally, I'd add mullet bikes and that weird gravel bike to the "I don't care about, so stop it, please" list. I enjoy a good gravel ride, but that Evil gravel bike is fugly.

But in reality, Evil is in this to make money, if mullet bikes and fugly gravel bikes are the latest hot trend, they should do it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    To me it sort of looks like Evil is going out of business again. Everything on sale and no new models or significant updates in quite a long time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by uberstein View Post
    To me it sort of looks like Evil is going out of business again. Everything on sale and no new models or significant updates in quite a long time.
    Lol wut? The offering is brand new and a hot seller. Also following and wreckoning are on sale because new ones are coming. They also just moved to a much bigger warehouse. New bikes launch in the spring before mtb season starts.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by uberstein View Post
    I heard this the other day too...I guess time will tell

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwren00 View Post
    Lots of cool stories in this thread.
    Iíll just leave this here. Again.

mtbr member
    Evil just had a huge party at the new facility. I doubt they're going out of business.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2017 Kona Private Jake

mtbr member
    Maybe it was a going out of business again party.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Lol wut? The offering is brand new and a hot seller. Also following and wreckoning are on sale because new ones are coming. They also just moved to a much bigger warehouse. New bikes launch in the spring before mtb season starts.
    RE Brand New: I ordered my Offering on December 20th, 2018....the design is over a year old. It was released and tested in the 2019 Bible of Bikes.
    RE New bikes launch in spring: See above. My 2020 Spesh Enduro was released in August, hit showroom floors in September. Not all of the world lives in the N Hemisphere, nor at 6k feet above see level.

mtbr member
    The offering being a year old is not a big deal at all. SC/Yeti/Ibis/etc boutique bike brands keep models around for at LEAST 3 years.
    Im sure there will be updated Insurgent/Wreckonings in 2020. Which sucks since i just bought a wreckoning but whatever.

Also @ that guy who wants a designated mullet bike; Why?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The offering being a year old is not a big deal at all. SC/Yeti/Ibis/etc boutique bike brands keep models around for at LEAST 3 years.
    Im sure there will be updated Insurgent/Wreckonings in 2020. Which sucks since i just bought a wreckoning but whatever.

Also @ that guy who wants a designated mullet bike; Why?
    Why? Cause some pro won a few EWS races on a mullet so now everyone wants one. Not me, Iíll stick with my 29er.

mtbr member
    Why? Cause some pro won a few EWS races on a mullet so now everyone wants one. Not me, Iíll stick with my 29er.

The paradox to that is Isabelle Courderier won every single EWS race last year and sheís about 5í0 in height. Does that make people want to be 5í0 as well??

Also look at Intense with their Primer S or whatever. Bad reviews on the mullet

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    A new wreckoning is now guaranteed as evil has cleared out every single push shock they had for it with no restocking. At this point the new following and wreckoning are basically going to be short and long travel offerings with metric shocks which is not a bad thing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    The paradox to that is Isabelle Courderier won every single EWS race last year and sheís about 5í0 in height. Does that make people want to be 5í0 as well??

Also look at Intense with their Primer S or whatever. Bad reviews on the mullet
    You're saying she beat all the men? I don't follow professional cycling so I don't know one way or the other, but I find that hard to believe.

mtbr member
    People need to simply be patient. Having worked for one of the three biggest bike companies in the world its easier to see and understand warehouse space. The spot I worked for had two mega warehouses in two different parts of the country, followed by a mega warehouse for global hq, and an ancillary warehouse for extra fun stuff. Don't forget the multiple warehouses and distro centers around the world. IE- they had the storage capacity to accept AND sell current or last year product while collecting/ advertising/selling the next model year.

Evil is a miniscule player. Think Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada compared to Budweiser. They aren't going to start showing or talking about new stuff until either 1- all the old stuff is sold, or 2- an agreed upon deadline is met. They simply don't have the capacity to hold old model year product while trying to show off and push new stuff. Old stuff would simply sit and cost $ in terms of space for new stuff that could not be housed there.

Carbon molds take time and cost several hundreds of thousands of dollars per size per frame. So a bike company is going to get every last penny out of those molds before they move on to a re-design.

Don't read too much into things. Evil did this the other year with the Offering release. Many "knew" something cool was coming, and many more were butthurt about not being in the cool kids club and not knowing what and when something would drop. Then it came out and even XC riders on non-technical flat terrain in Nebraska had to have one.

When and if something comes, it will probably be cool. Does that mean what currently exists sucks? According to some of you guys the bikes you ride are "un-rideable and outdated" because they don't match a current trend. I say screw it. Ride your bike. Have fun. There are plenty of old crusty dudes riding old Evil's that will gladly take you to school while you ride the latest and greatest. If you don't want to wait, then don't. There is a stupid amount of good bikes these days and you really can't go wrong with the top 10-20 brands out there. So if you have money screaming to get spent, then buy something. Brand loyalty is relatively stupid these days when you consider the cars you own and have owned.
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    New rollouts have started.

Chamois Hagar gravel bike
    https://www.evil-bikes.com/a/bikes/chamois-hagar

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    haha evil is going out of business...what's going on in her

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Evil Bikes 2020-evil.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Evil Bikes 2020-evil2.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Gotta love how Evil rolls out new bikes. No big announcements, they just appear in the site one day. I'll bet they have something coming and it'll be in the new Bike Bible. Now if only I needed a new Gravel bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    lol @ the people complaining. Everyone knows a new Following and Wreckoning are coming but they have to clear out the remaining inventory first. At this rate the Following will probably be announced first since that is completely sold out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    new frame design coming...chill folks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    new frame design coming...chill folks.
    No more Delta?

mtbr member
    Genuinely curious about Following and Wreckoning updates. I owned V1 versions of both, currently don't have an Evil in the stable.

Evil is really tied to and identified with the DELTA layout, and it does work really well! So seems odd they'd abandon it.

Counterpoint: Every bike they've made in the last 5 years looks identical from a distance, and also rides similarly albeit with differences in travel and wheel size.

I didn't upgrade my Following V1 to the MB because it didn't seem like enough of a change to justify the cost. If they just make a Following and Wreckoning with slight geometry tweaks, I'd think many current owners would be in the same situation.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Genuinely curious about Following and Wreckoning updates. I owned V1 versions of both, currently don't have an Evil in the stable.

Evil is really tied to and identified with the DELTA layout, and it does work really well! So seems odd they'd abandon it.

Counterpoint: Every bike they've made in the last 5 years looks identical from a distance, and also rides similarly albeit with differences in travel and wheel size.

I didn't upgrade my Following V1 to the MB because it didn't seem like enough of a change to justify the cost. If they just make a Following and Wreckoning with slight geometry tweaks, I'd think many current owners would be in the same situation.
    Don't see the need to change the delta system or look of the frame imo. Just take the offering, reduce and increase the travel and that's it. Evils don't look like anything else so why change that.

mtbr member
    High pivot Delta bike!
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2017 Kona Private Jake

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I am really excited about that gravel bike....

mtbr member
    Don't see the need to change the delta system or look of the frame imo. Just take the offering, reduce and increase the travel and that's it. Evils don't look like anything else so why change that.

Don't disagree, though if I had a tricked out Following MB and the new one is identical plus 15mm of reach and +2 degree STA I don't think I'm upgrading.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    The new gravel bike is sweet but I want a new updated Sovereign!

A 29 hardtail with Following like geometry would be perfect in my book. Make it out of steel for a nod to the OG Sov or I'd even take a carbon one to keep with the modern Evil line up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Evil is really creates outside of the box. The new Hagar gravel bike is way more aggressive than anything else out there.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanda View Post
    Evil is really creates outside of the box. The new Hagar gravel bike is way more aggressive than anything else out there.
    Itís the slow dudeís gravel bike.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Itís the slow dudeís gravel bike.

LOL - looks fast going slow - I like it! :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    new gravel bike looks good!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NM Frontier View Post
    The new gravel bike is sweet but I want a new updated Sovereign!

A 29 hardtail with Following like geometry would be perfect in my book. Make it out of steel for a nod to the OG Sov or I'd even take a carbon one to keep with the modern Evil line up.
    Hell yeah, I'd only add 3" tire clearance. I'd also love to see a 2020 take on the Imperial - I had a red one back in the day - but that's a bike that is so thoroughly out of fashion it'd be tough to bring up to modern standards and still be recognizable... That seat angle was a bad idea back then, but it'd never fly now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    hoping the new evil fatbike is out by christmas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanda View Post
    looks like it would only really be fun on really rough stuff but not that great for actual road riding, aka might as well have just made a hardtail haha. Looks really low slung

mtbr member
    Isnít Dave Weagle invested in Evil - hence the exclusive use of Delta? Sure I read that in an article somewhere..

#bleedblackdieevil

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by philstone View Post
    Isnít Dave Weagle invested in Evil - hence the exclusive use of Delta? Sure I read that in an article somewhere..

So Dave Weagle started Evil along with E-13 at the same time. The Delta system was something Dave created to test different shock tunes. During this time e-13 blew up and he decided to concentrate more on that so he sold evil. Then sometime later he sold e-13 as well. I think orion on eskers was his last rear suspension design before he started trust and moved on to front suspension.

I am pretty sure Evil has exclusive use of Delta.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I like the idea of Hagar, but 29x2.25 max for a ht/gravel mix seems a bit tight when bikes like the Salsa Fargo & Kona Sutra LTD can do 29x2.6(or 2.8 with the later Fargo models), which are very popular among the tour divide crowd.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngspnr View Post
    High pivot Delta bike!
    It already exists, but is masquerading as Forbidden Druid.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Now, I do think the seat angle could be a bit steeper, but it better not approach the current long reach trend that makes bikes ride like a cadillac. I just don't think everyone wants a a super stable long race bike that needs 40 miles an hour to come into its own, I don't. I much rather have a bike that is fun and poppy even when riding in a slow pedaly trail.
    Great comment, I bought a wreckoning for the same reason, and that was after demoing all the latest and greatest at outer bike.

aka bOb
    hoping the new evil fatbike is out by christmas
    I really doubt it will ever happen but...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    So Dave Weagle started Evil along with E-13 at the same time. The Delta system was something Dave created to test different shock tunes. During this time e-13 blew up and he decided to concentrate more on that so he sold evil. Then sometime later he sold e-13 as well. I think orion on eskers was his last rear suspension design before he started trust and moved on to front suspension.

I am pretty sure Evil has exclusive use of Delta.
    E.13 was actually created after Evil. The original E.13 chain guides were Evil branded (I still have one). The word on the street was that they renamed their component line E.13 because Mountain Bike Action wouldn't review or allow advertising with the name Evil. (Their publisher was uber Christian and didn't like anything even mildly "bad") Some older riders might remember a few bikes from Iron horse and Cov whose names were "bleeped" out in advertisements.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    yup, yup... bonus points if you know what E.13 stands for.

Also... why is my join date 2015. I haven't been on here in years, but definitely joined before 2001...and have a lot more posts than 1... especially on old HCOR, ridemonkey etc etc. bummer!

E.13 was actually created after Evil. The original E.13 chain guides were Evil branded (I still have one). The word on the street was that they renamed their component line E.13 because Mountain Bike Action wouldn't review or allow advertising with the name Evil. (Their publisher was uber Christian and didn't like anything even mildly "bad") Some older riders might remember a few bikes from Iron horse and Cov whose names were "bleeped" out in advertisements.

mtbr member
    As long as we're on a history tangent, I'm curious if anyone knows why Pinkbike seems to give Evil the silent treatment?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Anyone get their hands on the 2020 print of Bike Mag's Bible?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    As long as we're on a history tangent, I'm curious if anyone knows why Pinkbike seems to give Evil the silent treatment?
    They reviewed the Insurgent when it first came out, but i think that Evil does not send them bikes to review at their own discretion. Probably due to the idiots in the comments. Even though the Insurgent review was pretty fantastic...

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    Anyone get their hands on the 2020 print of Bike Mag's Bible?
    Yeah no mention of any new Evils or any new bikes that I haven't seen before for that matter. I'm guessing maybe they will wait for the video series, I hope......??

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    Yeah no mention of any new Evils or any new bikes that I haven't seen before for that matter. I'm guessing maybe they will wait for the video series, I hope......??
    So the print version doesnt have everything that's on the Bible tests?

aka bOb
    So the print version doesnt have everything that's on the Bible tests?

Don't know if they will have more bikes on the video series and from what I read it doesn't mention any secret bikes? Not saying I didn't miss something in the small print about more bikes showing up but they have a write up on what seems to be like all the bikes they are testing in the Bible and no mention of Evil.

wretch
    Iíd bet my Offering that Evil receives little to no love because they donít advertise with them. One way or another thatís how that stuff works out...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast