2018 Evil Wreckoning Ride Review & Impressions Video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2018 Evil Wreckoning Ride Review & Impressions Video

Hello Everyone!

I got a change to do a ride review on one of my bucket list bikes in the Evil Wreckoning. Man is this a DH monster. I could honestly see myself slapping a DH fork on this and just having it by my DH bike. It was that good. Anyways, check it out and let me know what you think. If you have a Wreckoning, let me know if my thoughts mirror yours or if you have any advice on set up to make climbing a little better. Considering this as my next bike.

https://youtu.be/4IKaXwtuYMw

EAT MORE GRIME
    why three threads
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    why three threads
    Oh sorry. Do they all show up in the same place? I post in related threads.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    2018 Wreckoning? I Haven't even been able to get a 2017 in my size, let alone the rumored (unlikely) 2018 update.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    2018 Wreckoning? I Haven't even been able to get a 2017 in my size, let alone the rumored (unlikely) 2018 update.
    That's what he said it was. I wasn't gonna argue. I would imagine a update is coming soon since the following just got it's treatment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TamiJean View Post
    That's what he said it was. I wasn't gonna argue. I would imagine a update is coming soon since the following just got it's treatment.

Well 1/2 way through the '17s, they started having water bottle mounts. Just fyi.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    Well 1/2 way through the '17s, they started having water bottle mounts. Just fyi.
    Good information. I updated it on the channel!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    The ohlins custom stx22 really helps with climbing and gives almost coil like traction on climbs. It's noticeably better than my monarch+ and dhx2. I let my buddy try it on his wreckoning who is a die hard 11-6 fan and ordered one immediately. The wreckoning with a stx and a coil shock gives you such a capable all around bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goride4 View Post
    The ohlins custom stx22 really helps with climbing and gives almost coil like traction on climbs. It's noticeably better than my monarch+ and dhx2. I let my buddy try it on his wreckoning who is a die hard 11-6 fan and ordered one immediately. The wreckoning with a stx and a coil shock gives you such a capable all around bike
    Can that only be sourced through specialized?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Can that only be sourced through specialized?

No you can order it at fanatik, best part is it's custom tuned from the factory for the wreckoning and has the mounting hardware.

mtbr member
    No you can order it at fanatik, best part is it's custom tuned from the factory for the wreckoning and has the mounting hardware.
    Interesting. Thank you for the feedback. I'll talk to fanatik

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    For the uninitiated, who services Ohlins shocks in the US?

I'm running a Fox DHX2 on my Wreck and never, and I mean never, switch to climb mode. There is virtually zero bob while seated climbing on my bike. I've done 5k, 30 mi. rides in Tahoe with zero complaints and came away super impressed on how universal the Wreck is and especially how the 161mm rear end worked on this type of varied terrain ride. Actually notice more seated petal bob on my FMB with the RS Super Delux.

I've not tried an air shock on this bike so can't compare but I can say with confidence that a good coil shock on the Wreck works freakin awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-o View Post
    I'm running a Fox DHX2 on my Wreck and never, and I mean never, switch to climb mode. There is virtually zero bob while seated climbing on my bike. I've done 5k, 30 mi. rides in Tahoe with zero complaints and came away super impressed on how universal the Wreck is and especially how the 161mm rear end worked on this type of varied terrain ride. Actually notice more seated petal bob on my FMB with the RS Super Delux.

I've not tried an air shock on this bike so can't compare but I can say with confidence that a good coil shock on the Wreck works freakin awesome.
    What kind of setting do you use? Close to stock? Your own?

What kind of setting do you use? Close to stock? Your own?
    I bought the DHX2 shock separate from the frame and set it up myself; spring rate, settings, etc. Not aware of a stock setting for this frame/shock.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bob-o View Post

My feelings as well. I have an X2 and do tons of climbing and have never used the climb switch (other than the 1st day I put it on). This bike climbs very well, the only way you'll notice any bob is if you look down while climbing. Also it isn't a DH only bike many believe.
    Last edited by chowdapilot; 12-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdapilot View Post
    My feelings as well. I have an X2 do tons of climbing and have never used the climb switch (other than the 1st day I put it on). This bike climbs very well, the only way you'll notice any bob is if you look down while climbing. Also it isn't a DH only bike many believe.
    Overrated as a downhill bike (it is only 161mm of travel and just a 66 deg head angle).

Vastly underrated as a trail bike (it pedals and handles extremely well regardless of its travel).