Who is wearing prescription goggles?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who is wearing prescription goggles?

I have a light prescription (-1.5) and have just dealt with it in the past. Not interested in contacts or glasses under my goggles though. What goggles are you running and where do you get them? Iím wearing a Fox Proframe and a 100% aircraft this year. It looks like sportrx.com sells Oakleyís but Iím looking for first hand experience before dropping $400
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Don't want to throw a wet-blanket on your plans, but i've tried inserts and goggles and for the life of me could not get used to the effects they had--fishbowl.

I ended up running some larger coverage smiths for a long time and finally committed this year to Lasik since I spent that much over the past 3 years on goggles/glasses experiments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Don't want to throw a wet-blanket on your plans, but i've tried inserts and goggles and for the life of me could not get used to the effects they had--fishbowl.

I ended up running some larger coverage smiths for a long time and finally committed this year to Lasik since I spent that much over the past 3 years on goggles/glasses experiments.
    Ya definitely. It looks like you can get actual prescription lenses though? Lasik is this fall! I picked up a Fox Proframe this year and it seems like sunglasses fit real well inside it so I think I'm just going to rock my prescription sun glasses if no one has used actual prescription goggles.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    i donít think there is a prescription lenses for goggles only inserts, even some large lenses oakleys have inserts, I saw youtube video feom sportsrx showing the inserts for the jawbreaker

definitely get in touch with sportsrx to figure out all the options, I still prefer to ride and ski with no prescription since I can still do without much trouble given that there isnít really a perfect solution

flailer
    Sep 2012
    I recently purchased the Oakley flak 2.0 with my prescription from sport rx and friggen love them. While not full goggles they work great for me.
    '20 Banshee Titan 29er
    '16 Banshee Rune (sold)
    '91 Spec Allez Epic Carbon (wall art)

mtbr member
    If I had to do it all over again, I'd stick with Oakley. Not only are their prescriptions spot on, but they're warranty department is way better than Smiths. My Smith Backdrop RX glasses got this unremovable spotting on the lenses in the first few months and Smith said I used some sort of chemical on them and wouldn't warranty (total BS, only sweat and water, guarantee it) and the rubber pieces where they contact the ears kept sliding off and i had to glue them. You'd expect more for a $550 pair of glasses! Oakley, on the other hand, has been awesome for years.

mtbr member
    ive been wearing prescription carbon shifts and pitchman's since they came out. Love Oakley glasses.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I wear my Oakley glasses under my 100% Accuri's they are not the OTG ones but they work very well.

mtbr member
    Any updates on what you chose to do streetdoctor? I'm needing to look for something myself.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I use Pro-Vue inserts, they work really well for me motocross and downhill (7 yrs now). They do fog up easy with east coast humidity, if you are not moving is the only issue. Depending on your prescription, he may not recommend.

Pro-Vue Prescription Goggle Lens System, MotoCross, ATV, Snowmobile, Skiing, Snap Lens

mtbr member
    Revisting this. Anyone use other options or have other input on this?

I need to figure out something better than what I did last race which was glasses under OTG goggles.

Contacts are okay but with all the dust of a race I worry they'll get dry and pop out. Has happened to me just doing laps at Keystone.

mtbr member
    I just got a pair of 100% goggles with inserts but havenít tried them yet. They do look super dorky with clear lenses lol.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    I just got a pair of 100% goggles with inserts but havenít tried them yet. They do look super dorky with clear lenses lol.
    Let me know what you think of them once you use them. I assume you can change goggle lenses still, yes? Where did you purchase?

Also I'm sure they look better than the whole OTG setup.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    Let me know what you think of them once you use them. I assume you can change goggle lenses still, yes? Where did you purchase?

Also I'm sure they look better than the whole OTG setup.
    Way better than the OTG setup. I got them from sportRX. It'll probably be a month or so before I get to use them but I'll let ya know. You can still change lenses and it looks like they would work in any goggles.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Cool. My prescription sunglasses are from SportRx. They are great.