SOC's new dates conflict with CES finale in Ashland.- Mtbr.com
    bad reputation

SOC's new dates conflict with CES finale in Ashland.

One of my favorite racing events every year is the Ashland Mountain Challenge, which has been a California Enduro Series event for the past 4 or so years. This year it's scheduled to be on October 3, 2020.

Corona Virus fears caused Sea Otter organizers to reschedule the world-attended event. So far I have personally registered for two races this year. Yes, you guessed it, the SOC and the CES Ashland Challenge

Sea Otter just put out this press release:

"Dear Sea Otter Classic Supporter,

The new dates for the 2020 Sea Otter Classic will be October 1- 4, 2020.

Other than the date changes, the location and racing schedules for Sea Otter will remain essentially the same. Modifications and updates will be posted on our FAQ page.

All race registrations, camping reservations, festival purchases, and so forth will be shifted to the October dates. If you are unable to attend that event, check the FAQ page for details regarding refunds and rollovers......"

If the SOC Enduro is on 10/1 (usually on Thursday,) I suppose I could bail right after the Enduro and skip the other events, book it up to Ashland on the 2'nd and maybe get a practice run in, the race the next day. I think not, bummer Sea Otter for not checking the local race scene before finalizing the revised dates.

Up In Smoke
    I'd be willing to bet they didn't pick these dates to intentionally sabotage another event. It was most likely these dates or no SOC20 at all.
    Kind of like playing an electric drum kit

bad reputation
    No of course not, but I wonder how thoroughly they reviewed the local race scene. Pick up a free copy of Adventure Sports Journal in a lot of local bike & coffee shops, liquor stores, etc, and they have a pretty extensive list of adventure related race schedules.

Maybe they tried, but it was the only date that worked with Laguna Seca, I just think it sucks that it's the only two races that I already registered and paid for!