Scott Enduro Cup Angelfire- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Scott Enduro Cup Angelfire

Who has raced it before and who has an idea of the course? If they don't release details until a day or two before again i'm not going to get to do much pre-riding. Probably won't get there until around 1 on friday. I'm planning on using those few hours to preride the bike park stuff.

I'm probably going to get down there opening weekend though to try and get an overall idea of the terrain, I've never been there before. Any advice is appreciated.
    Denver, CO

Fragilie
    I'd spend that Friday riding the backcountry, you should have enough time on Saturday after the first four stages to ride the park stuff. I know that's what a lot of my buddies did last year.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

mtbr member
    Awesome thanks man. I found this from last year too for anyone else wondering-

https://www.angelfireresort.com/event/scott-enduro-cup/
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thanks for digging up and posting last years map, it good to get an idea what they've done.

I really hope they mix up the stages on the second day, or at least add that pro stage to the amateurs. While fun to ride with buddies those trails are not that challenging or all that great at race pace.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by babesquatch View Post
    Thanks for digging up and posting last years map, it good to get an idea what they've done.

I really hope they mix up the stages on the second day, or at least add that pro stage to the amateurs. While fun to ride with buddies those trails are not that challenging or all that great at race pace.
    They added the pro stage in moab last year to everyones race this year. Hopefully they follow that trend at Angelfire.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Well, they posted the courses. Anyone hoping for some gnar on the resort day might be a little disappointed.

Fragilie
    Well, they posted the courses. Anyone hoping for some gnar on the resort day might be a little disappointed.
    Did you race it last year?
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Did you race it last year?
    No I was out of town that weekend, I live in the area and regularly ride the resort though. I can't speak to the backcountry stages, but I think stages 1 and 2 will be a good mix of flow on 1 and tech on 2. With all of the great trails at Angel Fire I am at a loss to why they have us going down stage 3, but if you like pedaling it'll be your jam. And Angel's Plunge is a good trail for stage 4. But there is a bunch of really challenging and fun trails there that I think they are ignoring.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    But there is a bunch of really challenging and fun trails there that I think they are ignoring.
    Thats the Enduro Cup M.O.