race day/weekend tools/spare, what to bring and how to get organized!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

race day/weekend tools/spare, what to bring and how to get organized!

Trying to figure out if there is a better way to be ready for a race day than what Iím currently doing

I will fully check my bike the day before or a couple of days before the race, depends on if Iím riding or not, then I will grab a bunch of stuff from my workbench and put in the trunk of my car, no checklist or anything like a race day bag/tool box

L hex keys, shock pump, floor pump, rd hanger, 3 sets of shifter cables for rd/droper + spare, sealant, gorilla tape, electrical tape, zip ties, spare chain, chain tool

itís basically a mess and Iíd always have to redo at home if anything goes wrong during the race

I will no attempt to bleed brakes or rebuild a wheel during a race, simply wouldnít have time for things like that, but for the basic stuff Iíve survived with this kit so far!

I will also have with me on the bike a spare tube, multitool, levers, co2, spare shifter cable, dynaplug, gorilla tape, a diy first aid kit, chain master link, very similkar to this

https://instagram.com/p/BXJ7RwmFnxO/

Iím curious to what others do, carry, bring for the race day/weekend, Iím considering building a race day tool box or maybe a big toolbox to put all my stuff and bring with me for the race but I feel like not everything is needed but at least I wouldnít need duplicates or having to grab stuff to put on the race box.
    Last edited by mfa81; 12-29-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Robertson
    I have one of these: Lezyne - Engineered Design - Products - OrganizerRoad Caddys - Road Caddy

In it I have multi tool, spare quick link, spare hanger, spare cable, tire lever, tubeless plugs, patch kit, small first aid kit, 4 small zip ties, some tape. Pump on my water bottle cage, tube on the bike. The case goes under my saddle. I have a toolbox I take with me to races along with work stand, truing stand. Always have a floor pump in my car. If I remember to, I bring a spare set of wheels with me to a race weekend in case I break one during practice

mtbr member
    do you have a single toolbox with all your tools or do you have a travel/race toolbox you take with you?

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    do you have a single toolbox with all your tools or do you have a travel/race toolbox you take with you?
    Just one toolbox. It's not overly large but has everything I need in it. I have another box that has my brake/suspension fluid, bleed kit etc. in it that I bring to races also