question- Mtbr.com

Thread: question

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

question

i have a giant stance 27.5" bike and was wondering if there was any things i should change on the bike to make it a better for enduro riding

mtbr member
    It's tough to say what you should change without knowing your build. A chainguide is a good idea if you don't have one. Other than that, just make sure all the bolts and pivots are torqued and your bike is in good mechanical shape.

Biggest factor, IMO? Your body. Be in good shape and sprint often.

mtbr member
    What makes you think your bike isn't good for enduro riding, or what do you think is holding it back? You could always throw parts at it to lighten the weight, but that doesn't really solve anything. Grips, seat, and pedals are personal preference, so no use recommending changes to those. Tires have to be for the trail type. After that: brakes, drivetrain, wheelset, and suspension setup. Everything is acceptable for enduro unless you want to just throw money at it.
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I don't know much about the technical stuff with the parts but that's why I joined this forum and was wondering what brand do you recommend for getting louder hubs?

mtbr member
    If you want a louder hub, DT Swiss, HOPE, BHS all make noisy good hubs. I'm sure there are many more, but those are a starting point at least.

really, the bike is good. Ride it till you find something you want to change. changing parts because the hub isn't loud enough? Why bother.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    im asking because i need to replace it. and instead of getting the same one i wanted to get a different one that louder

mtbr member
    In that case. For the cheapest high quality hub, can't beat the BHS. high points of engagment, strong, ratcheting sound, lightweight, multiple colors available. If you are OK spending more money and want a bomb proof hub that will last forever, can't beat the DT Swiss 350 (or 240 for more $ at a lighter weight).

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    so like i said earlier i dont know much about the technical stuff but when buying a hub how do i get the correct hubs for my bike?

mtbr member
    Make sure the axle is the same type (135QR, thru-axle, or boost thru-axle). Spoke count is the same as your current one (probably 28H). You'll most likely end up needing new spokes too because the new hub will not have the same physical dimensions as your old one.