PLANNING STARTS NOW: The 2020 Big Mountain Enduro Schedule- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

PLANNING STARTS NOW: The 2020 Big Mountain Enduro Schedule

PLANNING STARTS NOW: The 2020 Big Mountain Enduro Schedule-295172a46e67c0b91ccb4cc4b70def39_xl.jpg

Diverse racing in multiple states across the Intermountain West for the Big Mountain Enduro Series in 2020. Take a look at what events you will get to as well as new additions to the series.

https://mtbparks.com/Mountain-Bike-P...-Schedule.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Does anyone have any insider intel on the Angel Fire stop this year? I'm curious how technical and demanding the course will be and what the split looks like for backcountry vs bike park stages. The only other BME race I've done is Santa Fe which was super ideal for me, so I'm curious how this one compares for reference.

Debating on putting this one on my calendar this year but I'm not a huge fan of riding on the lift and racing bike park stages.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by zzzogas413 View Post
    Does anyone have any insider intel on the Angel Fire stop this year? I'm curious how technical and demanding the course will be and what the split looks like for backcountry vs bike park stages. The only other BME race I've done is Santa Fe which was super ideal for me, so I'm curious how this one compares for reference.

Debating on putting this one on my calendar this year but I'm not a huge fan of riding on the lift and racing bike park stages.
    Disclaimer: I don't know anyone involved in planning at Angel of Fire but I'm familiar with the area, live in Santa Fe. Santa Fe and Angel Fire are going to be very different. AF will probably be 100% bike park. It's a badass bike park but still a bike park. There's some legit chunky steep tech and a whole lot of fast flow with big jumps and built features. It's all alpine whereas Santa Fe is high desert sub alpine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo the clown View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't know anyone involved in planning at Angel of Fire but I'm familiar with the area, live in Santa Fe. Santa Fe and Angel Fire are going to be very different. AF will probably be 100% bike park. It's a badass bike park but still a bike park. There's some legit chunky steep tech and a whole lot of fast flow with big jumps and built features. It's all alpine whereas Santa Fe is high desert sub alpine.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Angel Fire when I fee like just crushing laps all day and the bike park is world class, just not what I want from an Enduro. I raced the Scott Enduro Cup there in 2016 was it? Actually I think that picture in this thread was from that race lol. There was one backcountry day and one park day. It was great and all, I just wish the backcountry was more technical. I'm fairly optimistic with course expectations from a BME, just am more of an earn my turns kind of a person that relies more on fitness rather than skill to place well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by zzzogas413 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Angel Fire when I fee like just crushing laps all day and the bike park is world class, just not what I want from an Enduro. I raced the Scott Enduro Cup there in 2016 was it? Actually I think that picture in this thread was from that race lol. There was one backcountry day and one park day. It was great and all, I just wish the backcountry was more technical. I'm fairly optimistic with course expectations from a BME, just am more of an earn my turns kind of a person that relies more on fitness rather than skill to place well.
    I checked the BME site after I posted and it says there will indeed be a BC stage or two. There is nothing technical there that I know of. Elliot Barker trail is pretty tech if you're riding up it but my guess is y'all will be descending it, lol.