mtbr member

New England enduro races

Thinking about getting into enduro racing on the east coast next season. I know nothing about the venues or if Iíll be able to hang so any info on the season would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Start here:

Enduro Series Info ‚Äď MAXXIS Eastern States Cup presented by CLIF

Highland also does a less organized beer league Enduro on Wednesday nights that's a great time.
    Trail: Scalpel-Si / Sherpa / Fatboy
    Gravity: Nomad / Wilson
    Road: Stigmata / Slate

"Aah the great indoors - No One Ever"

MTB Dad
    Jun 2018
    I hear good things about this series: Enduro Series Info ‚Äď MAXXIS Eastern States Cup presented by CLIF

Iíll be doing it with my son in 2019.

Edit: I just realized someone else posted this already. I canít see the links on my phone for some reason. Oops!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Eastern States Cup

Great racing with great people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    There is the Mid Atlantic Super Series as well. Some races in upstate NY, but most in PA. might still be interesting for you. i hope to race in a couple of these this year.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I am also going to hit this up. Anyone know any good spots that would serve as good 'training' areas for this in southern NE? I'm in the Metro Boston area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tedmasta View Post
    I am also going to hit this up. Anyone know any good spots that would serve as good 'training' areas for this in southern NE? I'm in the Metro Boston area.
    Stuff like hill repeats? Distance? Tech downhills? Tech? Try Lynn Woods and do some loops at HP and Ward Hill.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    sustained short dh runs, which seem to make up most of these courses? Preferably with berms, big rock gardens, drops, etc. types of features you'd see at Thunder Mountain and the courses listed for the previous races.

All of the riding in the metro area is xc/trail, all the 'dh terrain' i know is either closed or for skiing until May!

mtbr member
    Diamond Hill in RI is probably your best bet for enduro style runs and climbs. They used to have an event there called Rhodeduro that was awesome but I think they stopped doing it for permitting reasons. (Not 100% sure why, don't quote me on that.)

https://www.rootsandrain.com/race472...ll-ri/results/

It's a pretty damn gnarly place to ride, big drops, gaps, you name it. I wrecked HARD on stage 6 back in 2016, somehow managed to not break any bones but my bike was a mess and I was covered in cuts and bruises. If you go there, take your time and scope things out first - if you just send it, you'll be in for some surprises. It's great riding.

Check this video out to give you an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9umxqwSuZ8

A place that's more local to Metro Boston is Lowell-Dracut-Tyngsboro (LDT). 99% of the place is rocky XC but if you're just looking for training, you can do the Hellevator loop there. It's a good switchback climb with a couple of routes down that the locals have made some dubious-but-fun features on.
    Trail: Scalpel-Si / Sherpa / Fatboy
    Gravity: Nomad / Wilson
    Road: Stigmata / Slate

"Aah the great indoors - No One Ever"

mdc
    mtbr member
    Diamond Hill is great, but you should also check out Lincoln Woods in RI. They ran an enduro race there this fall that was pretty well attended. Lots of FAST flowey downhill runs, with drops, berms etc. Hell I saw Richie Rude riding there this past fall- pretty rad!