How do the different enduro series rank?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

How do the different enduro series rank?

I'm new to the whole sport, and my son is wanting to get into enduro racing. Out of curiosity, how do the different race series rank? I'm guessing that EWS is at the top of the heap as the premier series, but what about the others? BME vs. Scott vs. Revolution, etc....

Just wondering.....

shy of 60
    Aug 2014
    Well, as the mechanic and banker for my son in the sport 12-15 division California Enduro Series (CES), it is competitive. This is our second year. Year one he finished 2 races out of 5. This year, while he had mechanical issues, he finished the 1st race. There are typically 30 to 35 riders in his division.

He is a 13 yo and while a good rider, there are lots of good riders out there even in his sport category (lowest).

As far as what is the best, yea EWS is probably the top dog. Start with what is available near you and see how it goes/where he or she finishes! If you know someone racing in your local series, maybe they can recommend a division to start. If he or she is too low, they can always move up, but in CES if you move up you forfeit your prior race results.

At CES events, you have quite a mix of racers....some race NICA xc in high school, some are bike shop groups, other super serious semi pro / amateurs.

Jump in. It is fun, but also frustrating when sh_t happens.

Not sure that helps. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018

How do the different enduro series rank?

Youth racing is so much fun.

I too am the financier and mechanic for my kids racing and love to be a part of it.

Where are you at?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I am located in New Mexico. My son's getting started late, as he's already 16. I have no intentions of doing any more than just testing himself locally. There do seem to be small local races in most regions.

I was more asking about the bigger series that draw factory riders.....EWS seems to stand out as the "bigger" series, in terms of scope, venues, as well as recognition. But BME vs. Scott Enduro Cup......which is considered the "bigger series?" Where does Revolution Enduro fit in? Etc.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Is “revolution” a renaming of “rocky mountain”?

mtbr member
    In terms of competitiveness and size I would rank them BME then Scott Cup then Revolution since it's new. The smaller series can be really fun though. All will draw some top pros and all have different classes. BME and Scott are doing an Expert Open this year, Scott has Vet Expert at 35+ but BME is 40+. Scott also has U15 and U18. Revolution does age brackets by decade and then Pro.
    Denver, CO