EWS Footwear- Mtbr.com

Thread: EWS Footwear

Keyboard Warrior SuperModerator
    Apr 2016

EWS Footwear

EWS Footwear-shoe-collage-1024x759.jpg

So our Features Editor Jason was at the EWS race and Aspen and started snapping shoe pictures. I thought it was a little weird at first, but it's pretty interesting to see what everyone was wearing.

What's your favorite shoe?

I run flats and my go to right now is the Women's Freeride Contact by Five Ten. I've put them through hell and they're still kicking, although it sounds like a lot of people have had issues with delamination.

mtbr member
    I've owned four of those shoes and my favorite is the Giro Terradura. Although I've had issues with the sole delaminating, but their customer support is great and immediately got replacement shoes. I'll stick with the Terraduros for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I really like the white/orange scott shoes! Do anyone have any experience with them?

mtbr member
    Giro Terradurra FTW- love that shoe

mtbr member
    I can agree with sole delam on Five Ten shoes. I went through 2 pairs in just a few months. I can attest to Five Ten's excellent customer service, though. They took back both pairs with no questions and were very quick to answer my questions. I'm working on a pair of Adidas Terrex Cross Trail SLs right now but I won't ever count out Five Ten.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    A little on the heavy side but no other complaints about my Crossmax.

mtbr member
    BOA and ratchet closures on the sides make no sense. Especially if you ride in rocky areas. I think the velcro and BOA on the top (like the Pearls) will prove to have a more durable closure. I have the Mavic Alpine XL (cheaper version similar to the Crossmax) and I love it. It's tons more breathable and lighter than my 510 Maltese.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by hunrugger View Post
    BOA and ratchet closures on the sides make no sense. Especially if you ride in rocky areas. I think the velcro and BOA on the top (like the Pearls) will prove to have a more durable closure. I have the Mavic Alpine XL (cheaper version similar to the Crossmax) and I love it. It's tons more breathable and lighter than my 510 Maltese.
    I crashed a pair of LG shoes with side-mounted BOAs, and they survived much better than expected. Scratched up, but no real damage to speak of. One of my dogs used my very expensive PI shoes for chew toys, and I was able to rebuild the closures pretty easily with free replacement parts from BOA. TL;DR - They're a lot tougher than people think.

GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Ive got the Alpine XL also. If I had boas or buckles on the sides they would have been long gone as I have rock scrapes on the sides of both shoes

I'm with stupid
    I have been wearing the mavic crossmax shoes for the last few years. I really like them, I have had quite a few shoes over the years and these are the ones I like the most.