Chocolate Bunny Whole Enchilada! Whos going??- Mtbr.com
    STRAVA!!!!!!

Chocolate Bunny Whole Enchilada! Whos going??

Who has signed up and which one are u ridding?? Looks sick!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'll be there! I signed up for the traditional, should be a blast!

mtbr member
    I'm in for the double. Whole Ench the first weekend then over to Salida for Monarch Crest. Going to be an awesome week. I'm going to be pre-riding the Monarch Crest stages on my way home from the Leadville 100 in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    I'm thinking about this one for sure, theres also the Vail Outlier fest on the same weekend and quite a bit closer.

Side note-If i do go, it means my brother in law and his NYC film production company are coming out for a fun weekend of filming. They typically do stuff for films and MTV, but they want to have some fun, do some outdoors stuff and test out their new drones.

mtbr member
    Oh word! They should be able to get some really cool footage. The Whole E is such an awesome variety of trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm in for the Supreme. Stoked!

STRAVA!!!!!!
    In for the traditional. Cant wait to finally do an Enduro nonstop, climbs and all, start to finish!!

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Dang, just 4 of us? There doesn't seam to be a whole lot of interest in this race, I hope it happens.....

mtbr member
    Everyone wants a chairlift to the top and to avoid the climbs. Lol! In my opinion, this is what enduro really should be. Long, techy, up and down. Best all-around riders win. That's not to say I don't enjoy the shorter staged enduros too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    If it stays like this, I'm almost guaranteed to podium! ;-)

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jason300b View Post
    If it stays like this, I'm almost guaranteed to podium! ;-)
    NO WAY! I got third locked up!

mtbr member
    I'm doing the veggie!

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller

mtbr member
    Super bummed this got cancelled due to lack of interest. I'm surprised more people didn't want to get in on this. This is the kind of riding I enjoy the most. Big all-moutain days. Too much pedaling scared people off? :-(

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    Super bummed this got cancelled due to lack of interest. I'm surprised more people didn't want to get in on this. This is the kind of riding I enjoy the most. Big all-moutain days. Too much pedaling scared people off? :-(
    Seriously!!??? Where are u seeing this?? Nothing on the website?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I got an email from Keith (the race director) this afternoon that said the same...cancelled.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Well that sucks! I saw this coming! Im about over the whole enduro race gig. Cant get into "the big" races that everyone wants to do because there are only like 10 spots open to nonpro subhuman peps that sell out instantaneously. Then real "enduro" races like this get canceled because there is too much pedaling! Lame.....

mtbr member
    Agreed. Just my opinion but back country stuff like this should be how most enduros are. I still feel like the bike park stuff with chair lifts, while fun in their own way, are DH races with multiple runs.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    Agreed. Just my opinion but back country stuff like this should be how most enduros are. I still feel like the bike park stuff with chair lifts, while fun in their own way, are DH races with multiple runs.
    Enduros don't have to be one or the other. I love the back country stuff, but there are some damn fun races at bike parks as well. In my opinion, what doomed this race was the price and the weird format. The half, full, and one and half enchilada thing was weird. And the price was pretty steep for a one day race. I understand there are shuttle costs, permits, etc, but I just did an enduro at Brian Head that was $65. They had to shuttle us from one of the stages. That race was a great mix of back country stages, pedal transitions, and resort/lift stages.

mtbr member
    I don't disagree. I'm not saying the park versions shouldn't exist. I just personally feel the non lift service back country stuff better fits what I feel the spirit of enduro racing is about. Good old mountain biking high in the mountains pedalling up and ripping down. I think of the races like Trans Provence and Megavalanche, etc. A run down Top Of The World in Whistler does look amazing though.

The race was pricey but the logistics for the WE aren't simple or a short distance. I think Keith just wanted to give people options for distance and ability. I signed up mostly because I want to support races of this format because it is what I prefer and with EWS and BME I feel the trend is towards the bike parks. I'm really hoping the weather holds out so we can get the Monarch Crest event off.

mtbr member
    Yeah. Too bad. I was signed up for the veggie. I can't imagine the logistics of this race. What's weird is, didn't it sell out in like 45 min. when they held it a couple years ago? I still have lodging booked so I'm going to go and ride anyway!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jason300b View Post
    I got an email from Keith (the race director) this afternoon that said the same...cancelled.
    The website and FB page still does not mention anything about cancellation. I sure hope the monarch crest enduro is still on!

mtbr member
    Anyone else doing the whole enchilada at Outerbike Moab next Thursday?