Bottle Cage with Tool- Mtbr.com
    enjoys skidding

Bottle Cage with Tool

Does anyone know of an alternative to the SWAT Zee Cage with tool?

Are Specialized the only ones making them?

mtbr member

Bottle Cage with Tool

Duct tape?

Kidding, I would like to know too.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

enjoys skidding
    FYI, I couldn't find anything comparable. I would have thought the "endurification" of the industry would have brought alternatives. I have a SWAT Cage in the mail.

meow meow
    i think that i it. but the tool and case is removable from the cage, i broke it and replaced it with a standard metal cage fyi.

mtbr member
    Specialized is the only one make them now, i'm sure others will follow. Doesn't seem like a diversified enough tool to me though.

There's always next year.
    The tool's perfect (in my view) for racing and short rides. Its not enough for backcountry rides, but I've needed to use mine 2 or 3 times, and it did everything I needed it too. Its not perfect (price...and no 8mm for my RF cranks being one of the issues) but its good piece of mind for me. Its very secure, so you won't lose it either. I'm a big fan of Specialized SWAT concept (love the bibs, and have the headset chain breaker as well)

It is #enduro enough? I have no idea, but I've done 30 and 50 mile XC races with mine multiple times (with a strap on the saddle rails for tire and CO2) and always felt confident I had what I would need to limp to a aid station.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It has an 8MM. The super flat bit is an 8 with the sides shaved off- try it out.

There's always next year.
    So it does-- just went and checked in the garage. I don't know if I could get enough leverage to remove the RF bolt with the SWAT tool in the 'wild.' But good to know its there--if it got loose on a ride, it would be enough to tighten it up to get home I believe. The other multi-tool I carry in the bag has an 8mm, but isn't deep enough for the cranks.

+1 rep to you, Steve

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    i think that i it. but the tool and case is removable from the cage, i broke it and replaced it with a standard metal cage fyi.
    This is interesting. I''ve got a set of king ti cages (for life!)-- I use them because hard riding has broken carbon cages and ejected bottles from cheap plastic cages.

If this swat item mounts up under any cage, securely, I'm in. Can you send a pic of your setup?

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    This is interesting. I''ve got a set of king ti cages (for life!)-- I use them because hard riding has broken carbon cages and ejected bottles from cheap plastic cages.

If this swat item mounts up under any cage, securely, I'm in. Can you send a pic of your setup?
    the tool portion just bolts under the cage on the bolt hole closest to the bb. not as snug as with the spec cage but no way it will go anywhere or even move.