Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

BME Vail 2017

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Tips-Up 
#1 ·
Anyone have any Beta on this race? Like what trails it might be? Where to stay? ANYTHING? :madman: Im trying to find a place to throw up a tent and most everything is booked. Plus do I need to take even more time off work to preride this stuff or can I pretty much race it blind since the stupid race is on a friday? There is not even a mention of where the BME will be setting up their "village". Any info will be great.

#2 · (Edited)
Set up will be downtown Eagle park, can't miss it the town is tiny. Expect stages to be on "Pool and Ice Rink", "******* Ridge" (you should smash that), "Mayer's Gulch" and 4th stage more than likely "Dirt Surfer".
Yes, you could easily race blind, nothing tech at all. Camping is everywhere in Eagle, even right up top on Bellyache Rd near the start of ******* and Pool & Ice....like 50ft away.
Good luck!

#8 ·
I live in Eagle. You can camp in my backyard for a 6-pack.

Trails are (timed stages are numbered):
up Abrams Ridge, down World's Greatest / Elmer's (1), up and down Schoolhouse Rock (not timed), across town
up Boneyard, down ******* Ridge (2)
up Boneyard again, down Pool & Ice (3) (looks like stage ends where P&I first intersects w Haymaker)
across Haymaker, down the final Haymaker hill (4)

It'll be a big day! Lots of fun trails. Lots of XC pedaling and climbing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.