BME Sante Fe- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 127 of 127

Thread: BME Sante Fe

  1. #1
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886

    BME Sante Fe

    Sounds pretty cool, think I will bust out the big bike again. Who's going?

  2. #2
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    I'm going! I can't wait. Need to get back into fighting shape after taking last year off.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Waaahooo! Cool man! Lets get in some training rides. Hopefully pipeline will be rideable before then

  4. #4
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Sweet I'm game! Which class are you going in? I'm doing the Vet "expert" over 30 class. Was thinking about doing open so I could have good starting times. But my ego will have a hard time not being in shape yet and getting smoked by 99% of the field

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Im in masters 40+ again. I have a hunch that the waits wont be to bad at this venue if its all what they say. Really like one day events......especially at my age, lol. Hope for warm weather and lets start some serious training, I want a Gdamn podium this time.lol

  6. #6
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Cool. Let me know when you want to start getting out on some rides.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,351
    I'm in, and probably racing 30+ vet. The amateur class is too full of ambition. HA! Now all I need to do is get fast.

  8. #8
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Yes I need to that getting fast thing also

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2
    Enduro newbie here.
    I was looking at this race to start the season. I have some downhill experience (10 or so days last season at Crested Butte and Winter Park) and have been racing xc for 10+ years and upgraded to a BMC speedfox trailcrew 03 last fall.

    Would this race be a good first Enduro experience?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Just signed up!!! Masters 40+ here. I've been doing some skiing and picking up heavy things this winter. So far no dry ground to ride on though. Should be an abrupt transition to get race ready in the next 3 months. I've never done a one day enduro, should be a nice change, and it will be fun to get in some practice runs.

    Anyone care to share interpretations of the 2 statements on the BME site:
    1. All pedal transfers
    2. 7500' decending

    If that means also 7500' ascending then...ouch!!! I assume there is some free elevation in the day, but it is not super clear. Anyhow I'm stoked to have such an early race; get the season started right. see y'all in Santa Fe.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebear View Post
    Would this race be a good first Enduro experience?
    yeah, sure. why not? One day format, relatively cheap price, plenty of time to practice. I think it would be great. I'm not a good resource though. I could come up with reasons why any non EWS race would be a good first enduro.

  12. #12
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Yes it would be a good one. You do not want your first one to be like keystone unless you are a park rat with your trail bike all the time. Keystone is scary fast rough and steep and if you jump into something like that on a trail bike for the first time you do not want it to be at race pace. Best to start on a natural trail style race since that is what most of us ride on daily. That will give you a idea of what aspects of your racing you need to work on in order of priority.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Defiantly not 7500 feet of ascending, this should be a pretty chill race, defiantly lots of fast peps in the BME (especially in the vet 30+ class guys, STUPID FAST). Its a one day event so dont worry, come out, peddle and lets hope for some sick new trails and no long waits!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to it. Curious how there is going to be 7500' of descending but not ascending with pedal transfers... Is this just because it starts at higher elevation than it finishes?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    I'm assuming that we start way up in the mountains and finish in a valley somewhere. Likely a shuttle to start the day or finish the day.

    This will be a ton 'o fun and it will be a great kick off for the season.

    What do the locals have to say about the trails in the region? I had assumed we would be racing closer to the ski area, but it sounds like we will be south of there by a fair bit.

  16. #16
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    I hope we start way up and come down, I hate the shuttle at the end of they day when you are tired and smoked. I'm pretty excited for this. I would love to hear about trail conditions, style of trails and such. There is about a 99% chance I will be racing blind (no preride). So really hoping that someone can chime in.

  17. #17
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Well the website says all pedal transfers so I guess there could be some big climbing but I kinda doubt 7500. My first thought was the Winsor trail (start at 10,290 feet, 3341 of decent) but they say they are all new trail on private property so??? Possibly Glorieta, thats all new and private I think and they just had an enduro down there so I bet thats in the mix.
    The trails down there are very similar to here HTR, u can only get in so much preriding but I should have a driver and the Burb with a northshore rack so Saturday we should be able to get a few stages in.
    Check out the New Mexico Enduro series for Glorieta, that has to be the place...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    If it is at Glorietta, which is what I am understanding, then I raced two of the trails in the small enduro they put on there last May. Got a bunch of rain and snow right up to the day before so things were sloppy. They chose to cancel one of the stages because they thought it would handle the moister the worst. Rode stage 1 (Chili Dog)/twice. Transfers are dirt road climbs. Not horrible but have some steep punches. The longest stage had a roughly 4 mile climb to get up to. All the climbing was mostly complicated but thick sticky mud. Without that they weren't bad. Overall we did three stages that weekend, repeating stage 1 for stage 3. It was almost a 5.5 hour day and 3,500ft of climbing and descending according to my Garmin.

  19. #19
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    If it is at Glorietta, which is what I am understanding, then I raced two of the trails in the small enduro they put on there last May. Got a bunch of rain and snow right up to the day before so things were sloppy. They chose to cancel one of the stages because they thought it would handle the moister the worst. Rode stage 1 (Chili Dog)/twice. Transfers are dirt road climbs. Not horrible but have some steep punches. The longest stage had a roughly 4 mile climb to get up to. All the climbing was mostly complicated but thick sticky mud. Without that they weren't bad. Overall we did three stages that weekend, repeating stage 1 for stage 3. It was almost a 5.5 hour day and 3,500ft of climbing and descending according to my Garmin.
    Sounds cool, I really really hope they can time more than two stages at once now and don't have to move timing after the first two, that lets everybody get to the start of the next and wait 3 hours to start again. If they had all the stages ready to time there would be one wait at the start and then u just flow into the next with everybody spreading out into their own pace during the transfers.
    Anyone know if this is the case from last years BMEs??

  20. #20
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Waafoo View Post
    Sounds cool, I really really hope they can time more than two stages at once now and don't have to move timing after the first two, that lets everybody get to the start of the next and wait 3 hours to start again. If they had all the stages ready to time there would be one wait at the start and then u just flow into the next with everybody spreading out into their own pace during the transfers.
    Anyone know if this is the case from last years BMEs??
    Let's sure hope so, those long ass wait times between stages kill my legs and really screw with when I think I need to be eating and drinking beer. Haha

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,351
    I am pretty sure they can time more than one now. The second day of the WP BME I remember getting to the top of stages with people still racing the stage I just completed, and they were already sending people.

  22. #22
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    I am pretty sure they can time more than one now. The second day of the WP BME I remember getting to the top of stages with people still racing the stage I just completed, and they were already sending people.
    They could time two at once, Im hopping they can time all at once. If they have to move timing once its a 3 hour wait...

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    761
    Last year they weren't part of the BME and did their own timing.
    I'm sure BME has a far higher dollar timing system.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    I'm planning to race Santa Fe in the masters 40+ class as well. I will be going through the area in about four weeks. Does anyone know if you can ride the Glorietta trails without a race being on or something with them being on private land and all?

    I know these might not be the trails we're racing, but I plan on riding something when traveling through Santa Fe next month and it would be nice to get some trail beta. I couldn't seem to find these trails on MTBProject or TrailForks, but I found some segments on Strava, so I now know where they are.

    Anyway, does anyone know if it's ok to ride these trails generally? Any more beta on where to go/what to ride there? Maybe info on a local bike shop that can help out as well?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper. View Post
    I'm planning to race Santa Fe in the masters 40+ class as well. I will be going through the area in about four weeks. Does anyone know if you can ride the Glorietta trails without a race being on or something with them being on private land and all?

    I know these might not be the trails we're racing, but I plan on riding something when traveling through Santa Fe next month and it would be nice to get some trail beta. I couldn't seem to find these trails on MTBProject or TrailForks, but I found some segments on Strava, so I now know where they are.

    Anyway, does anyone know if it's ok to ride these trails generally? Any more beta on where to go/what to ride there? Maybe info on a local bike shop that can help out as well?
    They are likely under snow right now to some degree I think. They are inside the Glorietta Camps property. Not sure how open they are to the general public on a non-event basis. I can tell you the stage called Chilidog is a rocky stage. Some boulder action and several imbedded rock fields. Very fun run but not particularly long. The only other stage we got to do last year due to the rain was a fairly long one after a long transfer climb. It is pretty wide open where you can go as fast as your cornering confidence will allow. Several short rolling power pedaling spots. The bottom starts to get some rocky more techy sections but not to the save level as Chilidog. One big boulder move near the bottom where you need to boost yourself on top of a roughly 4ft boulder to go through smooth otherwise you have to dismount the bike and climb over. There is at least one other stage and maybe more this year but I didn't get to ride those due the rain prior to race day.

  26. #26
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Got conformation today from BME that timing multiple stages at once is now protocol!SWEET!
    Come on warm weather and bring on spring!

  27. #27
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Great news! Hopefully this helps with waiting

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Hi guys,

    Local here to Santa Fe. I haven't heard word yet on what's happening trail wise other than a stage at Glorieta. There's been talk of some stuff higher up near the ski basin, and if it's the two trails I think they are referencing, you're in for a great, rocky and rooty time. More I find out, the more I'll post.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Hi guys,

    Local here to Santa Fe. I haven't heard word yet on what's happening trail wise other than a stage at Glorieta. There's been talk of some stuff higher up near the ski basin, and if it's the two trails I think they are referencing, you're in for a great, rocky and rooty time. More I find out, the more I'll post.
    So they haven't settled completely on Glorietta? Nice! Glorietta was fun but I would love some stuff higher up.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Not the rumors I keep hearing. I mean, if they could do a descent down the Meadow Trail or REM, holy balls it would be quite the race. The logistics of going all the way down REM kinda makes that impossible, but otherwise, there's a handful of pretty technical and fast trails up high.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Oh, and it's Bike N Brew that weekend, so there'll be lots of beer and fun other events happening. This is looking promising!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    761
    99% sure it's all at Glorietta.
    They had two trails last year and I hear they're working on a 3rd.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by roxtar View Post
    99% sure it's all at Glorietta.
    They had two trails last year and I hear they're working on a 3rd.
    Yeah, I know that some of the organizers were trying to diversify, but if it's all Glorieta I won't be surprised. I am just scratching my head at how they're going to get 7500 of vert over there given that when we built Chili Dog, I think it only accounted for '800 of descending?

    Maybe we will be dropping off the shoulder of Baldy into Apache Canyon. Oh man, now that would be a race!

  34. #34
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    How rough is this area?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    It's a mix of techy rock, some loose over hard and loam. Good, pure mountain biking!

    Chili Dog is great on a 5" trail bike

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Actually they intended to have 3 trails at Glorietta last year but cancelled one stage due to mud. We rode Chili Dog twice (first and last stages) and the longest trail once. Stage two was supposed to be a shorter run that ended about half way up the climb to the long stage 3.

  37. #37
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Lots of punchy sprinting or mostly pin it to win it speed down trails?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Not sure, Chili dog has a few pedalling sections but overall pure gravity.

    Found this info, if this hasn't been posted already: Glorieta Camps: Big Mountain Enduro & Bike and Brew

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Found this info, if this hasn't been posted already: Glorieta Camps: Big Mountain Enduro & Bike and Brew
    Nice, I haven't seen that website before. I contacted them to reserve an RV site for the weekend. If any of you want accommodations for the weekend, check out this site. It looks like you can set up motel/cabin/camp/RV reservations on-site!

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Not sure, Chili dog has a few pedalling sections but overall pure gravity.

    Found this info, if this hasn't been posted already: Glorieta Camps: Big Mountain Enduro & Bike and Brew
    Sounds like it will be exactly the same as the race there last year just with the backing of BME. We'll probably end up with stages 1 and 4 on Chili Dog, stage 2 will be a another sort of short stage about half way up on the same side as the long stage 3. Stage 3 will be off the longest climb of the weekend.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Not sure about the actual trails, but I know that if they tie in two of the longer USFS trails, those could be a riot to descend.

  42. #42
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Hmmmm, BME's name isn't mentioned anywhere on that link or race flyer? the dudes I talked to said they had multiple possibilities and hadn't nailed down exactly what the trails were....We may not be racing with this group?? Strange its on the same day...

  43. #43
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    I was wondering about that also. Thought I had just missed it somewhere.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Actually, I was out on a ride with some folks yesterday and they also were confused. Not sure why they are being so secretive. I think it doesn't help that the NM Enduro series is in the same race, somehow. So maybe the Glorieta is all NME and BME will have other options?

  45. #45
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Any news on this in the last 3 weeks? Im finding I am still fat and out of shape so I do not expect that to change before this race, but I am excited!

  46. #46
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,351
    I just checked the Glorietta link again and their register link takes you to the BME registration. So it looks like they are the same race.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    237
    When is the deadline to register for this race?

    Edit: Found it. Looking forward to this if work doesnt find someway to give me the green weenie
    Last edited by INF216; 03-25-2016 at 06:49 PM.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    175
    THE Green Weenie? hashtaggruntlyfe?
    '16 Yeti SB6c - spruced up a bit
    (on the way: Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead)

  49. #49
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    The name should give it away also.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    237
    Yes lol the next time I will ride will be the weekend of this event because training.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    237
    Well I had to cancel due to conflicting dates and had to receive a credit towards another race. Not surewhich other race I could do. Maybe steamboat or crested butte but that one is $$$

  52. #52
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    That sucks! Hopefully you get all squared away.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    237
    If anyone would like to purchase a $106 discount code from me for any of the BME series let me know, I cant make any of the races besides Crested Butte but 300 bucks entry is steep. Price would be best offer. Thanks

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    FYI, details I keep hearing is Chili Dog for one stage, two stages that start at or near the towers, and a new trail none of us have ridden before. Given that, climbing will break 5k indeed...

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    FYI, details I keep hearing is Chili Dog for one stage, two stages that start at or near the towers, and a new trail none of us have ridden before. Given that, climbing will break 5k indeed...
    Sweet. Thanks for the intel. Chili Dog was fun and the longest stage off the top was good too.

  56. #56
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    FYI, details I keep hearing is Chili Dog for one stage, two stages that start at or near the towers, and a new trail none of us have ridden before. Given that, climbing will break 5k indeed...
    Is there a way to shuttle these trails ahead of time? I really do not want to have a 10k worth of climbing weekend trying to pre ride once and race.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Is there a way to shuttle these trails ahead of time? I really do not want to have a 10k worth of climbing weekend trying to pre ride once and race.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    The trails are on private land so I'm not sure what their rules are. If they allowed it you could drive to the top of Chili Dog and the majority of the way to the high point with only I think a couple miles of climbing to the top off the dirt road. I'm not thinking the public is allowed to just go ride there though. It's on the Glorietta Camp property.

  58. #58
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Hmmm. Sounds like I will be racing blind like old school enduros. How chunky is it? Better to bring a faster down steeps enduro plow or a faster turning better rolling 5" 29er?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    I'm bringing a 5" 29 over a 6.5" 27.5 personally, but still debating. Chili Dog has a road and there's a forest road to the top where the towers are (Trail being Broken Arrow). Kinda on them, though, if they will allow us to use them. I would hope so, though, because I'm not sure I want to put down that mileage and elevation the weekend prior either!

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bodhizafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    dumb noob first timer question. Buddy and I signed up for this race and have no idea what to be looking forward to Was really hoping to shuttle some practice runs too.

    Anyways, to the question. Is there usually some type of pit area to keep some food etc for the day or are you expected to carry everything at all times? Guess a PB sammich wouldn't be too heavy but would be nice not carry everything all day.
    :thumbsup:

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Usually there are some aid stations that have water and snacks. I have found these to be unreliable for all but the first few folks that roll through. Maybe they have upper their game, but I have been SOL in the past when I really needed a sip. Now I just pack for the day. 100oz bladder and enough food for an army.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bodhizafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    Usually there are some aid stations that have water and snacks. I have found these to be unreliable for all but the first few folks that roll through. Maybe they have upper their game, but I have been SOL in the past when I really needed a sip. Now I just pack for the day. 100oz bladder and enough food for an army.
    Ok, sounds like i'll be packing my lunch then
    :thumbsup:

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhizafa View Post
    dumb noob first timer question. Buddy and I signed up for this race and have no idea what to be looking forward to Was really hoping to shuttle some practice runs too.

    Anyways, to the question. Is there usually some type of pit area to keep some food etc for the day or are you expected to carry everything at all times? Guess a PB sammich wouldn't be too heavy but would be nice not carry everything all day.
    If it is setup like last year then two of the stages will dump right back into the parking lot area. Last year I rolled with just a bottle of water and a hip pack to carry some flat repair stuff. Stopped at the car to refill the bottle after the 1st and 2nd stages. We only did 3 stages last year because one got cancelled due to mud.

  64. #64
    Fragilie
    Reputation: Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    864
    Bring your climbing legs lol. The email I received shows climbing to the top for the first two stages, fun times.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    BME just provided some updates on this race! The Glorieta site was stating about a 4100 foot elevation change, while the BME site stated upwards of 7500 foot descents.

    The just-released update shows a tiny map from which (by searching Strava segments) appears to be right around 7000' climbing and descending.

    This is going to be burly for a one-day race! I guess I had better pack my big-boy pants!

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    The long climb itself isn't that bad if you are just cruising it. Doing it twice will definitely be some work however. From what I remember the climb up to Chili Dog (stage #4) was shorter but steeper.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    4100 sounds about right for an Enduro. 7000+ seems excessive. But at least anyone who makes it to stage 4 gets to ride this:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVzZaZtNNc
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    It's not the climb, it's the multiple hike-a-bike sections as well as tons of downed trees. Took us nearly 2 hours to go from RV to Towers over the weekend.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    It's not the climb, it's the multiple hike-a-bike sections as well as tons of downed trees. Took us nearly 2 hours to go from RV to Towers over the weekend.
    Really? It appears that RV to towers segment is 6 miles. That's three miles an hour? You should be able to hike it that quickly. Downed trees and hike-a-bike or no. Is it really as bad as you are saying or are you exaggerating maybe a little?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Sorry, bit misleading by my mistake. It was 2 hours round trip from the car, so that's including the downs. We were playing hop-scotch with some of the yeti guys and they were definitely at the same pace. I've ridden that section before and forgot how much pushing the bike there is. It gets old.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Sorry, bit misleading by my mistake. It was 2 hours round trip from the car, so that's including the downs. We were playing hop-scotch with some of the yeti guys and they were definitely at the same pace. I've ridden that section before and forgot how much pushing the bike there is. It gets old.
    Cool. Yeah I bet it gets old! 6 miles of climbing with about 2500 vert even without downed trees and hiking I'd bad enough!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Funny, snow overnight up top. As long as we get a full day of sun in between now and then (highly likely), looking like good conditions.

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    As of now I can only find the low resolution map on the BME site. Anyone know the stats like elevation and mileage on the climbs and stages?
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    As of now I can only find the low resolution map on the BME site. Anyone know the stats like elevation and mileage on the climbs and stages?
    Looking at the tiny map from yesterday (the full map should be released today), I found Strava segments to help guess at mileage and elevation for each of the stages.

    Stage 1 Transition: 6 mi, 2500ft gain
    Stage 1 Descent: 4.4 mi, 2400ft loss

    Stage 2 Transition: 6 mi, 2500ft gain
    Stage 2 Descent: 4.7 mi, 2500ft loss

    Stage 3 Transition: 2.5 mi, 950ft gain
    Stage 3 Descent: 1.5 mi, 900ft loss

    Stage 4 Transition: ?? mi, 850ft gain
    Stage 4 Descent: 1.2 mi, 719ft loss

    For a total guess of around 30 miles and around 7000' climbing and descending

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Good thing I like riding because that is a lot of riding!
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    55
    Anybody out there interested in meeting up for some pre-riding? I'd love to get some shuttles in if it's able to be shuttled. I'm arriving in town tomorrow.

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    I'm getting in tomorrow as well. plan to shuttle Friday and Saturday. Black Tundra with North Shore Rack.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Just a warning, the shuttle to the top of Baldy is near 45m-1h via car. You leave the camp, go up a forest road (which requires 4x4) for the drop off. Doing a shuttle becomes quite the chore. The other two are pretty quick and easy. Plan accordingly!

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Just a warning, the shuttle to the top of Baldy is near 45m-1h via car. You leave the camp, go up a forest road (which requires 4x4) for the drop off. Doing a shuttle becomes quite the chore. The other two are pretty quick and easy. Plan accordingly!
    Thanks! Good to know. What's the road like? Is it sketchy at all? Is it narrow where trucks passing up and down have to search for a spot wide enough?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    It gets steep, rutted in a few spots that required 4 lo in Xterra (granted, i had an illegal 7 people in the car and 4 bikes hanging off the back...normally no problem for 4-hi), so a decent 4x4 should work. It is often quite narrow towards the last 5-6 miles, so yes, passing becomes quite difficult.

  81. #81
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Couple question for people that have been there before.
    Looks like all stages finish relatively in the same area? I want to leave a cooler at the bottom and grab what I need for each stage and not be loaded down.
    What is the easiest stage to shuttle? Either in a suburban with my wife driving or riding up on the bike?
    How tech are these sections? If its supper peadly can I get away with my light fs xc bike?
    If there are long sustained rocky and rough sections then I rather my 5" bike.
    Thanks for any info

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Waafoo View Post
    Couple question for people that have been there before.
    Looks like all stages finish relatively in the same area? I want to leave a cooler at the bottom and grab what I need for each stage and not be loaded down.
    What is the easiest stage to shuttle? Either in a suburban with my wife driving or riding up on the bike?
    How tech are these sections? If its supper peadly can I get away with my light fs xc bike?
    If there are long sustained rocky and rough sections then I rather my 5" bike.
    Thanks for any info
    I raced last year but we only did what are now stages 2 and 4 last year. They are not super pedally but have a few spots. They both have some chunky rock gardens. Also some rock roller line options. Personally I would bring more travel.

    Stages 2 and 4 essentially drop into what was the parking lot last year. The area isn't huge so the other stages don't end too far from the parking. Last year I just ran a water bottle and waist pack for tools and spare tube on each stage. Refilled the bottle real quick before heading up to the next stage.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bodhizafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by alewi11 View Post
    Anybody out there interested in meeting up for some pre-riding? I'd love to get some shuttles in if it's able to be shuttled. I'm arriving in town tomorrow.
    A buddy and I will be there Friday and hope to shuttle a bit Fri & Sat. Especially since we have never done an enduro before it would be nice to scout as much as possible.

    Look for two avg Joes on a black Nomad and a BRIGHT green Knolly.
    :thumbsup:

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    666
    Anyone got a spare set of legs I can leave in a car so I can swap after the first two stages?

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    I just got some new ones so you can use my old set. I think they may have rickets though. 
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  86. #86
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Does anybody know if we can shuttle those road in a Razor that's not street legal??

  87. #87
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Here is an Idea, if someone is willing to shuttle me up the longer stages I can shuttle 3 people up the shorter stages. I have a suburban with a north shore rack, sounds like it can do the shorter stage roads but not the one up the longer ones.

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Got to ride stages 1-3 today. Mostly super fun riding. Stages one and two seem like tough trails to find any real speed on and tons of opportunities to go off trail or use a lot of energy to make speed. Stage 3 was a blast. Definitely will be a highlite.

    Expecting a high rate of attrition in the amature ranks Even if time cuts are generous, at some point it just gets dark... Enjoy and happy racing.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  89. #89
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,351
    Tear it up tomorrow guys! Bumming I couldn't make it.

  90. #90
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Hard to find any real speed on 1 and 2??!! Man I must be getting old....

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    I sure wish they could have worked out their timing issues. I'm pretty sure I ended up in 2nd but no Podium ceremony for my category. Frowny face. They said they will mail the awards to Podium winners

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    9 hr journey time. What a race. Awesome variety of stages. As was said above, speed was not always easy to find. But looking at the results someone found some. Anyhow, I am anxiously awaiting results. Hope to see them soon.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    Long ass day. I was out there for 10:41 but only 6:40 was moving time. That's how much time we spent sitting at the tops of the stages. I was letting a lot of faster guys go in front of me though. Brutal day but I was determined to finish. Will be interesting to see how many DNFs there are.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Yeah, I was 6:18 moving, 9:29 Journey. I know a lot of people skipped stage 2, then joined in for 3/4. Of the 4 people in my group we had 2 DNF. I consider them to be much smarted and more well rounded people than I am.

    It would be really cool to hear an account from the BME folks on running a race like this. I'm sure the challenges are beyond comprehension.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  95. #95
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Oh wowzers batman. I would have given up well before a 10hr day. Good on you guys for being that patient.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bodhizafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    116
    .....that was a long day. Man am I beat down.
    :thumbsup:

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    761
    I wasn't aware of any timing issues. When I finished I got my results immediately. Everything seemed hunky dory but I did head home pretty quickly afterward (12 hrs was a long enough day)
    Where are the results posted?
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: roxtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Oh wowzers batman. I would have given up well before a 10hr day. Good on you guys for being that patient.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    10 hrs?
    1st wave went off at 7:00AM. I got down stage 4 at about 6:30PM and there were about 50 riders in line behind me.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed sheep, contesting the vote.

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    431
    That was a solid race !

    I did stage 1-2-3 but bailed on stage 4 because I had a meeting this morning and needed to head back to Denver before 11pm. That was too tight of a schedule for the day.

    I'm very surprised, I did not struggled that much on the climbs and "Hiking". We were almost the first amateurs to drop in on 1, and were quickly up on 2 too !

    Honestly, that was a tough day but I would definitely do it again. Next time I'll take Monday off.

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Does anyone know what the problem is with results? When I finished I dipped my chip, got my printout and left. Apparently there was no or limited awards ceremony and results still not posted. It was a great event, brutal hard and tons of fun. But it was a race and I would like to see how I stack up with my peers and vs the pros. Sometimes a little info is nice.

  101. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    9 hr journey time. What a race. Awesome variety of stages. As was said above, speed was not always easy to find. But looking at the results someone found some. Anyhow, I am anxiously awaiting results. Hope to see them soon.
    Thanks for being a solid shuttle buddy. Was good to meet you man. That was a rough first race! Glad to have finished. Looks like I was out and about for 10hrs.

    Edit: I read my printout wrong. What a noob.
    '16 Yeti SB6c - spruced up a bit
    (on the way: Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead)

  102. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by MisledYouth View Post
    Thanks for being a solid shuttle buddy. Was good to meet you man. That was a rough first race! Glad to have finished. Looks like I was out and about for 9 hrs 14 min.
    Congrats on your first Enduro. Hope you have some great memories and mental pics from your molments of greatness!!! Hope to see you in Steamboat.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  103. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    I was in the huge 21-39 male amateur cat that went off at 8:00am. I rolled through the finish about 6:45 as one of the last amateurs to drop before the pro women followed by the men. When we got to the top of stage 1 it was a mess. Then they decided to send the pros down stage 2 first to alleviate some of the back up. Dropping on stage 2 the next time up wasn't an issue. At that time we were 6+ hours in. They had talked about a 4:00 cutoff to drop stage 3 and I hadn't heard anything official about that being off so I started up the liason to 3 pretty quickly. I made it to the top of 3 with about 10 minutes to spare but the line was massive. Took quite awhile to drop 3 and then I headed straight up to 4. Sat up there for at least 45 minutes. All in all I pretty much kept moving with little stoppage time at the bottom. Just enough to refill my fluids but I was taking the climbs super conservative. I told myself if I pass anyone who is moving forward i was going too hard. Lol!
    I think what happened was they had everyone making the extensive climbs to the same stages and then needing to take breaks to recover causing everyone to bunch back up. I think they would have been best to spring for more support staff to run all the stages at once and split the starting stages for each category. That way the competitors in each category were riding the same stages in the same order but the race as a whole was spread out.

  104. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by rehammer81 View Post
    I think what happened was they had everyone making the extensive climbs to the same stages and then needing to take breaks to recover causing everyone to bunch back up. I think they would have been best to spring for more support staff to run all the stages at once and split the starting stages for each category. That way the competitors in each category were riding the same stages in the same order but the race as a whole was spread out.

    Running 300 people through a stage with one min gaps is 300 min, aka 5 hours. Would be smart to take half the field, by class and alter the start stage. So amature men and pros run stages 1,2,3,4. Masters and Vets run 2,1,4,3 And so on with the youth and ladies.
    Again, there are more logistics here than I can imagine. I have nothing but props for the BME. Im sure those guys thought all this stuff out and did exactly what they did for good reasons.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  105. #105
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    886
    Post up your overall time and class from your print out....
    Masters men 40+ 46:33

  106. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Masters men 40+ 41:26

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  107. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Master 40+. 43:21
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  108. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    .thumper. Smokin'!!!! Nice work.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  109. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    .thumper. Smokin'!!!! Nice work.
    Thanks! I really worked my ass off to be in that position and I'm really disappointed that they didn't do podiums for our category. It was a really fun race with awesome trails and a great location! I'm really looking forward to the next one!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  110. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    I'm slow! :-( Amateur Men 21-39, 54:33

  111. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper. View Post
    Thanks! I really worked my ass off to be in that position and I'm really disappointed that they didn't do podiums for our category. It was a really fun race with awesome trails and a great location! I'm really looking forward to the next one!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That is a bunch of BS. The amatures fund the race. It is cool that the top pros are there. But it is the entry fee from 100s of amatures that make it possible. I got to stand on the podium of one of these (Durango 2013) and it was rad. Middle age dude with job, family and a mountain of distractions on a podium is a good day. Makes for a great memory.

    You put in the work, it paid off. Im sure you will find success at the next race. But I'm comin for you!
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  112. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    That is a bunch of BS. The amatures fund the race. It is cool that the top pros are there. But it is the entry fee from 100s of amatures that make it possible. I got to stand on the podium of one of these (Durango 2013) and it was rad. Middle age dude with job, family and a mountain of distractions on a podium is a good day. Makes for a great memory.

    You put in the work, it paid off. Im sure you will find success at the next race. But I'm comin for you!
    Haha, awesome! Yeah old guys! I've had the good fortune to stand on a lot of podiums, but I've struggled with enduro for the last two years. I was just expecting a top ten this weekend actually, but hoping for a podium.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  113. #113
    I'm with stupid
    Reputation: hitechredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,906
    Good thing I'm not in the 40+ cat for they keystone race. Some fast fellas in that class. Way to go guys!
    Part of me is happy I missed this sufferfest.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

  114. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Good thing I'm not in the 40+ cat for they keystone race. Some fast fellas in that class. Way to go guys!
    Part of me is happy I missed this sufferfest.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Eh. It really wasn't as much suffering as I had expected. I took my time on all the climbs and it was a blast hanging out and enjoying the camaraderie throughout the day.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  115. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    That is a bunch of BS. The amatures fund the race. It is cool that the top pros are there. But it is the entry fee from 100s of amatures that make it possible. I got to stand on the podium of one of these (Durango 2013) and it was rad. Middle age dude with job, family and a mountain of distractions on a podium is a good day. Makes for a great memory.

    You put in the work, it paid off. Im sure you will find success at the next race. But I'm comin for you!
    What were you riding / gear wearing? I chatted with a bunch of the dudes in our class. I was on the green intense tracer with the eleven-six shock and black/olive/orange tld gear.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  116. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    BME Sante Fe-image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper. View Post
    What were you riding / gear wearing? I chatted with a bunch of the dudes in our class. I was on the green intense tracer with the eleven-six shock and black/olive/orange tld gear.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Baby blue and pink Nomad 11-6. Bright green golf shirt and a bright green Bell helmet with the removable fullface. Proud enough that I got a pic on the thread. Don't ask me to rotate. As we know, I'm old and irrelevant.

    I think we chatted a bit at the top of stage 1 or 2. It is all a blur. I'll be at Steamboat and CB.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  117. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Truck View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	498.9 KB 
ID:	1072055

    Baby blue and pink Nomad 11-6. Bright green golf shirt and a bright green Bell helmet with the removable fullface. Proud enough that I got a pic on the thread. Don't ask me to rotate. As we know, I'm old and irrelevant.

    I think we chatted a bit at the top of stage 1 or 2. It is all a blur. I'll be at Steamboat and CB.
    Yeah! Well good luck and I'll probably see you at one of the upcoming races then. Where did you get the pic? Was that from a friend or someone taking shots of everyone?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  118. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    A friend was there. I saw lots of pro cameras out on course. I expect PB, Vital and Enduro-MTB will post up some shots and stories. I assume they are awaiting posted results as-well😜
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  119. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Results are up! My updated full race time is 41:33. http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/...nduro-SantaFe/

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  120. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rehammer81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    415
    I'm still slow! Lol! 65th out of 73 finishers but the category had 107 start the day.

  121. #121
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,741
    Thumper: Nice work, clearly you're a fast dude. Rob Drew, who won that class, is a Phoenix local and a smoking fast guy.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

  122. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    So stoked for racing!!!!!! Love the masters class. I just got worked by some fast old dudes and I couldn't be happier about it. See ya'all at the next one.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  123. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 69erEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    701
    Wait so MT is Greg and Thumper is Grant? Hey I know you guys!

    Colin

    45:50 with zero preride is ok

    I seriously have a lack of motivation. Doing that poorly may help but in general I don't want to train for this sport. I have so many other interests these days. I need less to get more from enduro racing. Dammit
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

  124. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    Wait so MT is Greg and Thumper is Grant? Hey I know you guys!

    Colin

    45:50 with zero preride is ok

    I seriously have a lack of motivation. Doing that poorly may help but in general I don't want to train for this sport. I have so many other interests these days. I need less to get more from enduro racing. Dammit
    Haha yeah, Grant here! It was fun hanging with you this weekend Colin!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  125. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 69erEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper. View Post
    Haha yeah, Grant here! It was fun hanging with you this weekend Colin!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ditto.

    If you guys go up to Keystone please let me know. I need to get out and ride more DH stuff.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

  126. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Monster Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    175
    Colin, great to see you. 100s of people at these races, but it really is a small world and a great community. It is cool seeing how fast people are getting. Great motivation to be a better rider and a better person.
    Making a poor choice while riding is still a good choice

  127. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: .thumper.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    Ditto.

    If you guys go up to Keystone please let me know. I need to get out and ride more DH stuff.
    Yeah! I wanna get out at Keystone ASAP!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Stolen salsa la cruz from sante fe
    By cptpowder in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 11:04 PM
  2. Stolen salsa la cruz from sante fe (attn crested butte folks)
    By cptpowder in forum Colorado - Western Slope
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 09:31 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.