Bme cb 2018- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bme cb 2018

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Bme cb 2018

Getting amped for this one. You?

Anyone know details if they will have any designated camping near the eventís HQ?

I'm with stupid
    Going to be a brutal weekend hope you kill it.

mtbr member
    yep, i'll be down there next mon-wed to do some pre-riding. It's bike week, I think camping will be chaos.
    Denver, CO

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    yep, i'll be down there next mon-wed to do some pre-riding. It's bike week, I think camping will be chaos.
    good luck!!! I loved this race last year, however, I think Im sitting this one out. After getting my ass kicked in santa fe because I am way ouy of shape I need to spend more time on the bike before I spend money on racing again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    good luck!!! I loved this race last year, however, I think Im sitting this one out. After getting my ass kicked in santa fe because I am way ouy of shape I need to spend more time on the bike before I spend money on racing again.
    santa fe was tough but that place is amazing! Can't believe I've never been there before!!! Keystone then!? All lift basically last year right?
    Denver, CO

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    santa fe was tough but that place is amazing! Can't believe I've never been there before!!! Keystone then!? All lift basically last year right?
    yeah looks like keystone for me. Last year there was a super short transfer over to stage 4. Hopefully they do not throw us down helter and skelter on the first run again this year.

Fragilie
    I'm in for CB, I'll pull in Wednesday night. Bringing the moto just in case I can pre ride on that lol. I know some guys did it in 2016.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

MSH
    mtbr member
    I'm signed up now and trying to mentally prepare for the hurt. I haven't raced since 2011 and that was RME stuff when I was doing the endurance thing. I ride consistently yr round 4x a week but most all rides sub 2 hours here on Front Range, so the 4500-5000 ft of climbing in CB for each day I'm seeing on Strava from last years CB race is going to hurt for sure. On bike choice I'm going with the assumption that there will be no Evo Park stages again this year, so going with my Spot Mayhem (Ribbon 140 & just threw on DPX2) vs my longshocked Hightower w/ 160 Lyrik.

Where I'm struggling is tire choice....Anyone have any recommendations to balance the hurt of all the climbing over the 2 days with still being able to charge and make it threw the 2 days w/o a slicer? I'm 29 on both bikes. I run E13/Aggressor 2.3 on the Hightower and lighter trail tires on the Mayhem (XR4 2.4/Forekaster) both on Derbys. I'm leaning towards 2.5 DHF and maybe a Breakout Fast/Tough on rear to be extra safe, as I killed a few Aggressor 2.3's EXO's last year

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Finally signed up for CB! Too bad you won't be there Hitechredneck!
    Riding Minion, DHF and DHRII, front and rear. EXOs. Switching from the aggressor rear, as I want something I can trust when I get tired... I may go back to a cushcore back, shouldn't have sold hitechredneck mines...

Xavier

mtbr member
    Looking over last years course maps I only see one aid station per day. Is that right? Anyone having any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    well I'm out for CB, most likely getting surgery on my toe instead. Who knew you could tear the MCL in your big toe.... Hopefully I make it back for Snowmass. Ugh.
    Denver, CO

Fragilie
    I'd say that will be the case. Have enough goods on you to make the transfer, race the stage light and reload for the 2nd transfer.

Fragilie
    Heading up tonight if anyone wants to hook up tomorrow for some course previewing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 6280 View Post
    Looking over last years course maps I only see one aid station per day. Is that right? Anyone having any info?
    If I recall correctly, it was the case last year. 2 stages per day, one aid station in between. As said, don't rely only on these, and take water, some food. There may be water stations at the beginning/end of stages too, but I would not count on these.

Streetdoctor, that sucks! Heal up, and I'll see you in Snowmass or in the front range.

mtbr member
    Thanks Eric B and xavierp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk