3rd Coast Enduro Series 2016 Questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

3rd Coast Enduro Series 2016 Questions

Has anyone run this series in the past and plan on running it this year? I'm thinking about doing these races, but I'm not sure if I have the right bike; I ride a 2016 Fuel EX8. If I am understanding their FB page right these races have expert stages that are optional. I'm not really looking to run the expert stages or win anything, just have fun and compete against myself and the course. Thanks for any comments!

Robertson
    Lee, I did quite a few of the races last year. I ride a Yeti SB95, so similar bike to you and I never felt "under biked" for any of the races. I've talked to Brent (the organizer) a fair bit about the planned races and he assures me that though they will have some at more DH tracks (TTC, Windrock, Bailey) they won't be crazy overkill. I plan to race as many of the events this year as I can fit into my schedule.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Lee View Post
    Has anyone run this series in the past and plan on running it this year? I'm thinking about doing these races, but I'm not sure if I have the right bike; I ride a 2016 Fuel EX8. If I am understanding their FB page right these races have expert stages that are optional. I'm not really looking to run the expert stages or win anything, just have fun and compete against myself and the course. Thanks for any comments!
    If I wanted to race this series and I had a Fuel EX8, I'd race this series....aboard my Fuel EX8. You'll have a blast man. You might be slower at some of the rougher tracks (e.g. TTC, Windrock), but you will shred at most of them.

Get out there and hit the races! I plan to do a bunch of them on my 140mm travel Spitfire.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I raced several rounds last year on my 26" SS hard tail with a 100mm fork so your bike should be just fine.