2020 Race Bikes- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 2020 Race Bikes

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kragu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,658

    2020 Race Bikes

    What are yall running this year?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: austink26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    226

    2020 Race Bikes


    Mega for the big resort races:
    170mm lyrik ultimate
    Super deluxe ultimate
    X01 shifting
    Code brakes
    I9 reserve 30 wheels
    SC bars/raceface stem


    Tallboy for the pedal heavy less chunky races:
    130mm pike ultimate
    Factory DPS
    GX shifter/derailleur, X01 cassette
    G2 brakes
    DT350 reserve 27s (not pictured)
    Pnw cockpit

    Both currently have 170mm pnw bachelor posts to loam levers, fabric scoop ti saddles, cushcores(pro on mega/xc on tallboy), HT t1 pedals, and kmc chains. Come race day they will both be on minions(2.5 dhf/2.4 dhr and 2.3 dhf/2.3 ss).

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,789
    Current race bike

    IMG_20200107_101021_974 by Sales Punk, on Flickr

    Lots of changes planned in the next 30 days for this rig. Just ordered AXS shifting and also have Saint brakes to install as well. Also need to install my race wheels.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,033
    Privateer 161 w/Trust Shout fork, XT 12-spd, 471 rims, Hope brakes and tires are a TBD. Unfortunately no pics until frame gets here early Q2....

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by austink26 View Post

    Mega for the big resort races:
    170mm lyrik ultimate
    Super deluxe ultimate
    X01 shifting
    Code brakes
    I9 reserve 30 wheels
    SC bars/raceface stem


    Tallboy for the pedal heavy less chunky races:
    130mm pike ultimate
    Factory DPS
    GX shifter/derailleur, X01 cassette
    G2 brakes
    DT350 reserve 27s (not pictured)
    Pnw cockpit

    Both currently have 170mm pnw bachelor posts to loam levers, fabric scoop ti saddles, cushcores(pro on mega/xc on tallboy), HT t1 pedals, and kmc chains. Come race day they will both be on minions(2.5 dhf/2.4 dhr and 2.3 dhf/2.3 ss).
    The red part on your rear wheel is not the same in both pics....just sayin

    How do you like the Tallboy, I have a TB3 and thinking of stepping up to the TB4.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: austink26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    226
    It is a very capable short travel bike. The mega came first (it replaced a nomad 4) so I was really used to the that geo and wanted to get a short travel bike that would feel the same. The tallboy definitely fits that. The angles etc are so good, I end up riding stuff I wouldnt normally take a 120mm bike down. I never rode a tb3, but that looks better suited for xc riding. The 4 is definitely a trail bike. So depending on what you value in riding, the 4 may not be an improvement.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RickBullottaPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    What are yall running this year?
    I'll be interested to see if many Trust Shout forks make their way to the pro bikes/podium this year.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: austink26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBullottaPA View Post
    I'll be interested to see if many Trust Shout forks make their way to the pro bikes/podium this year.
    I would guess not, at least not at the ews level, since most of those guys have suspension sponsors.

    I suspect I will see some at races since I frequently see the worldwide cyclery racers and they seemed to rave about it on their youtube.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by RadBartTaylor View Post
    The red part on your rear wheel is not the same in both pics....just sayin

    How do you like the Tallboy, I have a TB3 and thinking of stepping up to the TB4.
    Daaaang! The cement grey looks so good on there!
    PNW Components
    We love bikes!
    www.pnwcomponents.com

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by austink26 View Post

    Mega for the big resort races:
    170mm lyrik ultimate
    Super deluxe ultimate
    X01 shifting
    Code brakes
    I9 reserve 30 wheels
    SC bars/raceface stem


    Tallboy for the pedal heavy less chunky races:
    130mm pike ultimate
    Factory DPS
    GX shifter/derailleur, X01 cassette
    G2 brakes
    DT350 reserve 27s (not pictured)
    Pnw cockpit

    Both currently have 170mm pnw bachelor posts to loam levers, fabric scoop ti saddles, cushcores(pro on mega/xc on tallboy), HT t1 pedals, and kmc chains. Come race day they will both be on minions(2.5 dhf/2.4 dhr and 2.3 dhf/2.3 ss).
    Daaaang! The cement grey looks so good on there!
    PNW Components
    We love bikes!
    www.pnwcomponents.com

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: austink26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Components View Post
    Daaaang! The cement grey looks so good on there!
    I cant thank you guys enough for the cockpit prize pack. I was so impressed with the bachelor that after one ride on it, I ordered another and hunted down one of the pink loam levers to swap from the reverb I had on my mega.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by austink26 View Post
    I cant thank you guys enough for the cockpit prize pack. I was so impressed with the bachelor that after one ride on it, I ordered another and hunted down one of the pink loam levers to swap from the reverb I had on my mega.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Thanks for the stoke, man! Sweet rigs you have.
    PNW Components
    We love bikes!
    www.pnwcomponents.com

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Hightower 2 vs 2020 Tallboy 4
    By Doug in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 03:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2019, 04:28 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2019, 08:05 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2019, 09:31 AM
  5. 2020 Orbea Rallon vs 2020 Santa Cruz Hightower
    By kzlucas in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2019, 07:31 AM

Members who have read this thread: 113

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.