2019 Big Mountain Enduro discussion and such- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015

2019 Big Mountain Enduro discussion and such

I like the stops for next year! Kinda miss CB and not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    CB will be missed, racing Dr Park will not IMO

I've always seen the BME as a more backcountry oriented race serie, and I'm glad Keystone got removed for next year. They may get creative with Winter Park, they may not, we'll see! Although, with 5 venues, a bike park one is OK, it definitely shows different skills.
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver, ig; lazoup

Knight 650b wheelset FS

I Like bikes, I really do

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    CB is a monster and Dr Park climb at the end made me want to switch to hockey.

mtbr member
    Going to miss the CB stop, the last few years it's been the true backcountry race that kept things on the other end of the spectrum from the park stops. 8-10k of climbing and long, rocky stages. True physical test.

Telluride and Big Sky look awesome but those stops on back to back weekends are a tough sell. Interested to see how Glorietta becomes a 2 day stop.

mtbr member
    Glorieta was so good this year I feel like they have to be building more trails to make it a 2 day. let's hope so!

I've heard DH racing at Telluride back in the day was sick. I'm happy there will be racing at Winter Park again too. I'm in for the series!

Oh, I also heard that if you won an overall they're going to make you bump up a class...
    Denver, CO

Fragilie
    Bummer that CB is off the schedule, that was the only "true" enduro imo.
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

I'm with stupid
    I will miss racing Dr. Park. Something about 36 mph plus on single track makes my soul happy. I wont lie, I do enjoy the bike park race at keystone even though I was unable to finish this year. I am wondering how the series is going to shake out with Revolution stepping their game up. I do feel the BME needs to do something about the preriding issue. Guys on bigger teams with shuttle drivers can get more runs in then folks that have to climb it all or are much less tired then those that climbed come race day. After the Macky BS it is something that BME really needs to get in order cause that was total BS based on who whined and they made up a rule after the fact because the title sponsors team members cried and were catered to. I vote a blind racing only, or a 1 run limit with no shuttling rule like the EWS. there will always be the insider teams that get the course maps as soon as the forest service permit is approved but hopefully do something to help level it for everyone else.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'm

mtbr member
    BME updated the Santa Fe page to outline 2 days, 8,000'+ of climbing. Seems like that may fill the gap created by removing CB. I like that they are sticking to the legit, true big days of racing out on trail for at least 1 race as opposed to primarily lift served. Variety is good.

Rules on pre-riding is tough. It was pretty clear last year that courses at a few stops were leaked well in advance and ridden by locals from Strava. It would be hard to be handicapped a bit more with a limit on pre-riding, 1 lap or all blind racing. If the courses were actually kept secret, that might change my opinion.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    BME updated the Santa Fe page to outline 2 days, 8,000'+ of climbing. Seems like that may fill the gap created by removing CB. I like that they are sticking to the legit, true big days of racing out on trail for at least 1 race as opposed to primarily lift served. Variety is good.

Rules on pre-riding is tough. It was pretty clear last year that courses at a few stops were leaked well in advance and ridden by locals from Strava. It would be hard to be handicapped a bit more with a limit on pre-riding, 1 lap or all blind racing. If the courses were actually kept secret, that might change my opinion.
    true, I should probably just get in shape and stop hurting myself next year so I wont piss and moan about so much pedaling.

Yes I really hope that routes stay on the hush hush this year.

mtbr member

So you saw the part about having to move up a class after an overall win? Good luck in pro buddy! I think blind racing would be quite the equalizer but as a guy that has the liberty to show up a week before the race I don't mind the current format They definitely need to come up with something that's fair and stick to it for everyone.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Huh, interesting. I thought that rule only applied to series winners who swept every race... Sounds like someone doesn't want a little extra competition.

mtbr member
    Huh, interesting. I thought that rule only applied to series winners who swept every race... Sounds like someone doesn't want a little extra competition.
    I'll take any edge I can get!
    Denver, CO

I'm with stupid
    Yeah I'm tired of you beating me as well hahah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Yeah I'm tired of you beating me as well hahah

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Maybe we can all get together and petition for a move up for Josh... That's definitely one way to eliminate the competition.
    Denver, CO

I'm with stupid
    Haha or he can buy us off with lots of beer......... that is a good option as well

mtbr member
    I will say that it's discouraging for my wife to race Amateur in womens (just pro or AM since it's such a small group) and find herself racing against factory supported girls. There's always 2-3 on the podium with times that trounce the 4th place rider.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I will say that it's discouraging for my wife to race Amateur in womens (just pro or AM since it's such a small group) and find herself racing against factory supported girls. There's always 2-3 on the podium with times that trounce the 4th place rider.
    My wife feels the same... chicks are bigger sand baggers than the dudes! Revolution Enduro series still has some of that but a lot less.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    For anyone looking for some more info. on the stops, MTBparks had a good write-up. The new venue at Big Sky should be pretty epic.

https://mtbparks.com/Mountain-Bike-P...ew-Venues.html

mtbr member
    Santa Fe schedule is posted. I emailed them and they said there will be some changes coming. I'm assuming it's with stage start order.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I will be in the area a day prior to course information release. Don't you think Jagged Axe as well as ending day 2 with Chili Dog are a pretty safe bet? I was there last year but not 2017, so maybe they will repeat the big climb and Secret Trail? Happy to ride anything, but a bonus if it's part of the event!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    I will be in the area a day prior to course information release. Don't you think Jagged Axe as well as ending day 2 with Chili Dog are a pretty safe bet? I was there last year but not 2017, so maybe they will repeat the big climb and Secret Trail? Happy to ride anything, but a bonus if it's part of the event!
    i imagine chili dog, janker, and jagged axe are all pretty safe guesses. There's not that much there to exclude them.
    Denver, CO