Track Junkie

What Camelbak fits 2 100oz bladders & epic gear?

I'm looking to do more 'epic' rides this season, and would like to be able to carry two 100oz bladders and the essential gear. Of course, I'd like it in the smallest, most comfortable package available, even if it isn't Camelbak brand.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Brad
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    How about this....CLICK HERE YO!
    This will carry all your water...and then some.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    How about this....CLICK HERE YO!
    This will carry all your water...and then some.
    Wow, that thing looks beastly. Have you used it? Looks like a Trans-Iowa special
    Dave

Anything is possible. The impossible just takes longer.

2 Epic

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    The Salomon Raid Race 200 is what I have been using for 24hour+ adventure races. It fits a ton of stuff, but we have to carry more mandatory gear, etc. I don't use it for epic rides though, I find a camelback mule and (most recently have found) the wingnut gear pack works great for epics....

I also don't carry 100oz. of water. If I need > 100, I carry iodine tabs.
    Namrita K. O'Dea, MS, RD
    Topeak-Ergon
    Blog
    55nine Performance

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by hairball_dh
    Wow, that thing looks beastly. Have you used it? Looks like a Trans-Iowa special
    I have never used it, but I see it everytime I EP stuff from Salomon thru the shop.. I am sure, just like all of Salomon's products, it rocks! It does have T.I. potential. I wonder if it will hold water bottles on the shoulder straps

Topeak-Ergon Racing
    This is the pack I will be using at the TI and for all my epic rides...

I have been riding with up to 20 lbs of stuff in the 2.5 without any back, shoulder or hand issues. The 2.5 should be available in a couple weeks.

I have a full gallery of pics of this pack, the Wingnut Gear Hyper 2.5 and the smaller 1.5 at... Wingnut Gear Hyper 2.5 & 1.5 Gallery

For two 100oz bladders you should look at the Hyper 3.0 or the bigger Adventure. They are not made specifically to hold two bladders, but there is certainly room in the main compartments to fit a second one.

For a full discussion about these packs check out this thread
    https://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/anyone-using-wingnut-gear-hydro-pack-153668.html

....and of course the product page https://www.wingnutgear.com/

Eddie O

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    The Camelbak HAWG is designed to carry two 100oz bladders plus it'll hold a pretty large chunk of gear....but 200oz liquid gets kinda heavy - so if you're riding around lakes, creeks and such, a handy dandy water filter is da bomb

On super long trips I fill 1 bladder with H2O and the other with a sports drink (Gatorade) - just remember to wash the gatorade bladder out when ya get home
    Click Here for Forum Rules

Grizzly
    hmmm, those wingnut packs look very nice. I am in the market for a pack like this for the Kokepelli race, and most likely downthe road more self supported events like TI and the Grand loop.
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

Topeak-Ergon Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by alizbee
    hmmm, those wingnut packs look very nice. I am in the market for a pack like this for the Kokepelli race, and most likely downthe road more self supported events like TI and the Grand loop.

I'd look at the 3.0 or the Adventure for those remote self supported rides. The TI is not so remote hence the smaller pack.

Also rather then a second bladder bottles could be placed in the Wing pockets instead.

Eddie O

Track Junkie
    Just a quick update...

I ended up purchasing a 2004 Camelbak Blowfish. I compared the '04, '05, and '06, and noticed that most of the packs have been shrinking in volume. And it was on clearance sale. I'll be using it with either 2X 100oz bladders, or one 100oz and one 70oz bladders.

Thanks for everyone's help!

-Brad
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

Members who have read this thread: 0