WANTED: Partner for Swiss Epic!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

WANTED: Partner for Swiss Epic!

The first Swiss Epic just wrapped and it looks incredible! I had the chance to ride in the area last fall and it's simply amazing. There are some great trails but they're usually mixed in with paved & gravel roads (no worse than something like the SM100 though) and the views are so awesome they make up for the limited single track. And riding is just half the fun - the food & culture & drinks are all spectacular. To go and race for 6 straight days there would be a dream come true for me.

The 2015 edition will be September 14-19 and registration will open soon. It sells out quick, so I'd like to jump on it ASAP!

It's for duo's only and I'm 40+, so if there's anybody here interested in a Master's, Men's or Mixed duo, let me know (preferably somebody in the mid-Atlantic region so we can meet up for a few training rides to prepare). FWIW, I've podiumed in about half the endurance races I've entered and am still improving, so I shouldn't hold anybody back too badly I'd be gunning for top 10 in a Master's duo, but being that this is Europe, I could dial it back a little to soak in the atmosphere - I'd have a blast either way!

Swiss Epic - Swiss Epic
    Last edited by fueledbymetal; 10-06-2014 at 06:27 PM.

mtbr member
    That looks amazing! If I were a much better racer and still in the Mid-Atlantic I wouldn't hesitate for a second to join you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I raced it this year. It's amazing and very hard core. It has steep very technical trails and mainly single track with some road climbs.

I potentially could be after a team mate too but I'm based in Switzerland. I'm also over 40 and should be in able to hit top 10 in that class and was in top 30 overall this year but raced with younger partner.

Need to check with existing partner first but would also want to know I'm racing with someone of like mind and capable body.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgfish View Post
    I raced it this year. It's amazing and very hard core. It has steep very technical trails and mainly single track with some road climbs.

I potentially could be after a team mate too but I'm based in Switzerland. I'm also over 40 and should be in able to hit top 10 in that class and was in top 30 overall this year but raced with younger partner.

Need to check with existing partner first but would also want to know I'm racing with someone of like mind and capable body.
    Sounds like we might be a good match! I've completed a few stage races now and continue to train & compete in 50-100 mile endurance races. I did the tour below last fall so Iím using the trails we hit as my gauge for what to expect - mostly old hiking trails that clearly weren't designed with mtb in mind! The technical challenges came from the steep ascents and off camber descents with bonus obstacles like diagonal, stone water bars. Did the Swiss Epic come near any of these areas?

Mountain Bike Tour of Mont Blanc France Chamonix French Alps France Switzerland Italy

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I was watching a few videos on vimeo and this race looks just insanely fun, scary, hard, cool... I've even started to imagine what it would take.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cheepnis View Post
    I was watching a few videos on vimeo and this race looks just insanely fun, scary, hard, cool... I've even started to imagine what it would take.
    Anyone here looking for a partner for this years event?