mtbr member

Upcoming races in SoCal? Dec & Jan?

i'm looking for races in in SoCal in Dec and Jan- any leads? 8, 12 or 24 hrs or 50 or 100 miles?

thanks

It ain't easy being Green
    There's the 12 Hours of Temecula, January 21. Be warned though, it can be downright frigid there in January, sometimes it barely makes 65f in the afternoon and it can get down into the 40's at night.
    2012CALENDERPAGE

Adventure Mapper
    Racers and Chasers is putting on a winter series in san diego.
    They have marathon (4.5hr time limit) races available on the same loop course where the beginner, sport, expert, and pro divisions will be racing simultaneously (they give the marathoners an hour head start).
    There is one race in December, two in January, and one in February for the winter series.

I know they aren't 8/12hr or 50/100mi, but its close to home and will keep me motivated through the winter.
    My YouTube channel for MTB content:
    http://youtube.com/RideAlongside

RideAlongside

It ain't easy being Green
    Yes, the R&C marathon series is great for keeping fitness levels up during the winter; the 4.5 hour time limit is enough to test your endurance without leaving you wiped out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcadbiker View Post
    Yes, the R&C marathon series is great for keeping fitness levels up during the winter; the 4.5 hour time limit is enough to test your endurance without leaving you wiped out.
    Thanks Guys! Yes we will be have a 4 race Marathon and XC series, Dec 3rd, Jan 14th, Jan 28th, and Feb 25th.

We have added some new classes to the Marathon class this year to keep it competitive for everyone! The marathon race is only $38 and the fast riders will get upwards of 50 miles.

The last thing that I will add is the total field size for XC and Marathon is 250 riders and we are expecting to sell out.

Let us know if you have any more questions, we hope that you can make it out!
    RacersandChasers.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Cool info on the R&C Marathon series! I just read about a winter series in the UK yesterday that is similar in length. I get these 2012 dates up on the endurance calendar that I have on the XXC Magazine site. BTW- I love the quote above: "It gets down into the 40s at night." Here in Michigan I LONG for a high of 40 many days! Me thinks I should move digs west! Good luck with the series.
    Former XXC Mag publisher (re)turned amateur bike blogger at The Soiled Chamois.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondean View Post
    Cool info on the R&C Marathon series! I just read about a winter series in the UK yesterday that is similar in length. I get these 2012 dates up on the endurance calendar that I have on the XXC Magazine site. BTW- I love the quote above: "It gets down into the 40s at night." Here in Michigan I LONG for a high of 40 many days! Me thinks I should move digs west! Good luck with the series.
    Thanks! Come on out West and we will have some fun in the sun!

Black Friday HUGE discount weekend
    That’s right, Racers and Chasers are joining in on the Black Friday discount madness!
    Racers and Chasers is offering even deeper discounts on the 4 race Winter Championship Series, all 4 races for only $100! No that is not a typo we really are giving you 4 races for $52 off the regular price!
    Black Friday Weekend SALE
    • $100 - XC 4 race Winter Championship Series
    • $100 – Marathon presented by Seki’s Cycles 4 race Winter Championship Series
    • $12 – Racers and Chasers t-shirt
    • $17 – Racers and Chasers Hat
    To get this screaming deal you must purchase the package by Sunday, November 27th at 9pm.
    We are very excited to announce the newest sponsor to the Marathon Winter Championship Series, Seki’s Cycles. Seki’s Cycles will be on site offering their services at all of the races and they will even be racing in the Marathon Winter Championship Series.
    Thanks to all of the sponsors of the Winter Championship Series that help to make it all happen. When doing your holiday bike shopping please support the businesses that support you!
    • Shoebacca.com (email us for 20% off discount code)
    • KHS bicycles
    • North of the Border bikes
    • Halo Headbands
    • Zumwalts Bicycle Center
    • Loaded Precision products
    • Seki’s Cycles
    RacersandChasers.com

mtbr member
    You guys know how to do it. I'll be coming out your way in a few years. Can't wait!
    60; it's the new 40!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Great race yesterday....Thanks Rob !!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Race report

Just posted a review of the day on mtbracenews.com with pics. Fun race with the winner of the XC taking home $175!

Adventure Mapper
    Quote Originally Posted by baja1974 View Post
    Great race yesterday....Thanks Rob !!!
    + 1!

I was happy to place 6th out of the 16 of us racing in the mens open class.
    I'm looking forward to the next marathon race @balboa park on the 14th of january.
    If you come to the airport from our outa town, your bike would be all the transportation you would need for the balboa park race since the course is maybe 2 miles from the airport downtown.

Thanks again racers and chasers!
    My YouTube channel for MTB content:
    http://youtube.com/RideAlongside

RideAlongside